Blue Dream X Gorilla Glue #4.... Why Haven't These Beasts Been Crossed????

• Thread starter BioStimz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
hyzerflip

hyzerflip

How do you know this for a fact? pure speculation. I will ask you one more time, do you personally know the person who made the Blue dream seeds?

SC Haze has been gone a long time. Show me one person growing it or even claiming to grow it anywhere online.

BioStimz

BioStimz

This research is regarding THC:CBD ratios and nothing else.

"In many cases it was possible to collect sufficient viable seed to constitute a first- generation inbred line (S1), which was completely female and showing the same chemotype as the parental clone."

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Meanwhile some hill billy too stupid to remove males from his garden accidentally creates the next "GG4", "blue dream", "MOB", "Sour D", "OG Kush", "Blueberry", "Princess", "GSC", "Wedding Cake", "Bubba Kush" and the list goes on.

The best thing with breeding (or pollen chucking) is that you can stumble upon greatness at random.

Knowing how to create greatness means nothing if you don't put it to practical use and creating something means nothing if you're not willing to share it.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
By all means, please share this peer reviewed research with me.

Do you not understand that inbreeding causes... inbreeding depression? This is one of the most basic concepts in breeding.

3. Reduction vs. Increase in Vigour, Yield and Reproductive Ability:
Due to inbreeding there is a general reduction in vigour of the population, plants become shorter and weaker. The hybrids are generally more vigorous, healthier and increased in size. The reproductive ability also decreases in the population rapidly due to inbreeding, many lines reproduce so poorly that these cannot be maintained. The hybrids exhibiting heterosis show an increase in fertility or reproductive ability.

Inbreeding generally leads to loss in yield; the inbred lines yield much less than the open pollinated varieties from which they are derived. Heterosis is generally expressed as an increase in yield of the hybrid. Commercially this phenomenon is of great importance as an objective of plant breeding.

http://www.biologydiscussion.com/plants/inbreeding-depression-and-hybrid-vigour-plants/60850

Inbreeding Depression
L. Silver, in Encyclopedia of Genetics, 2001

The major hurdle that must be overcome in the development of new inbred strains from wild populations is inbreeding depression which occurs most strongly between the F2 and F8 generations (second through eighth generation of sequential brother–sister mating). The cause of this depression is the load of deleterious recessive alleles that are present in the genomes of wild animals as well as all other animal species. These deleterious alleles are constantly generated at a low rate by spontaneous mutation but their number is normally held in check by the force of negative selection acting upon homozygotes. With constant replenishment and constant elimination, the load of deleterious alleles present in any individual mammal reaches an equilibrium level of approximately ten. Different unrelated individuals are unlikely to carry the same mutations, and as a consequence, the effects of these mutations are almost never observed in large randomly mating populations.

Last edited:
hyzerflip

hyzerflip

Ok, for the 3rd time, Do you personally know the person who made the Blue Dream seed line?

I do not. I also do not know the personally know who cracked 'Panama Red', but I can tell you with certainty that it no longer exists.

"In many cases it was possible to collect sufficient viable seed to constitute a first- generation inbred line (S1), which was completely female and showing the same chemotype as the parental clone."

As stated earlier in the paper they were using THC:CBD ratios to define 'chemotype'. They were not doing full genetic analysis which would be a necessary part of comparing the full chemotype. It is clear you didn't even read the abstract, much less the full paper.

BioStimz

BioStimz

Are you under the impression that things that smell similar have the same genetics?

Genius, it's a haze variety that was crossed to blueberry, which created blue dream.

Do you really think the SC haze had a terp-profile/cannabinoid profile that was unlike any other haze cultivar? Funny, cuz I don't.

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
I do not. I also do not know the personally know who cracked 'Panama Red', but I can tell you with certainty that it no longer exists.

So with you not even knowing who made the seeds, you have no clue if there are still original Blue Dream seeds left. Correct?

hyzerflip

hyzerflip

Genius, it's a haze variety that was crossed to blueberry, which created blue dream.

Do you really think the SC haze had a terp-profile/cannabinoid profile that was unlike any other haze cultivar? Funny, cuz I don't.

Bruh, that's not how genetic recombination works. Just because you have a plant that has a similar smell and cannabinoid profile, that tells you nothing about how those genetics will combine with the genetics of the plant you've chosen as a pollen donor.

If I took had two Jack Herer females (A and B) and two Destroyer males (C and D), I would get very different results depending on which female I crossed to which male. That's the whole reason progeny testing matters.

You're literally arguing that plant breeding and stabilizing multiple traits is simple, and I'm here to tell you that you're suffering from a exceptional case of Dunning Kruger.

hyzerflip

hyzerflip

So with you not even knowing who made the seeds, you have no clue if there are still original Blue Dream seeds left. Correct?

If the person who created the original Blue Dream had the original parents still, they'd be selling seeds. Guaranteed, without a doubt.

BioStimz

BioStimz

As stated earlier in the paper they were using THC:CBD ratios to define 'chemotype'. They were not doing full genetic analysis which would be a necessary part of comparing the full chemotype.

Ummm yeah cuz they're the primary terpenophenolic constituents researchers use in chemotaxonomic discrimination.

As quoted in the full text: "According to Beutler and der Manderosian (1978), the ratio of CBD/THC is a chemical marker of taxonomic significance. Fournier et al. (1987) stated that the cannabinoid profile of each plant—and therefore its CBD/THC ratio— is chiefly dependent on its genetic background and that each individual plant invariably belongs to its distinct chemical group throughout its life cycle."

BioStimz

BioStimz

They were not doing full genetic analysis which would be a necessary part of comparing the full chemotype. It is clear you didn't even read the abstract, much less the full paper.

Yeah. Sure thing.

So reversing can result in offspring of the same genotype & chemotype as the original parental clone.... and you're gonna say none of that means shit cuz of variants in mono/sesquiterpenoid content between phenotypes?

rofl

BioStimz

BioStimz

Why don't you go ahead and reproduce Sour Diesel in seed form for us real quick.

20190106 172746

Reactions: Ina
BioStimz

BioStimz

Just because you have a plant that has a similar smell and cannabinoid profile, that tells you nothing about how those genetics will combine with the genetics of the plant you've chosen as a pollen donor.

They're called selection methodologies.

You can use selection skills to recreate simplistic cultivars like blue dream.

Latest posts

Top Bottom