Blue Leaves Healthier?

• Thread starter ramboo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ramboo

ramboo

I have some new seedlings that are 14 days old and already opening their 5th set of leaves. I have 3 of one strain and 4 of another. One strain has leaves that are way more blue-green [like almost same as a deep ultramarine blue], vs the other which is a more normal grassy green. Wondering why this is? both strains are growing quickly and look equally healthy but wondering if one is actually more healthy than the other. Both strains are growing in the exact same environment to each other

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
A too dark green shade, what you're describing, to me, sounds like the one strain wants more phosphorous.

Captain Canna

Captain Canna

Whenever I've given plants a dose of P it makes them turn dark green/blue. haha

Bannacis

Bannacis

4 of one 3 of the other...? what strains are they? not all strains have same shade of green, even different textures...
If they look healthy then ..it must be...

From green to purple and everything between
Low to the ground and high in the sky
Five fingered eleven finger even feets of duck
Fat leaves skinny leaves even leaves with water spots
Oh what a leaf it would be...
The leaf that leaves the colors I've seen
Only to yellow and drop the scene

MidwestToker

MidwestToker

If it's anything like my Blue strain you'll love it.
DSCN0654

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Dark green means P def??
Yes, that's one of the tells of a P-. Reddened/purpled petioles are another, IME that presents before the too-dark green color.

But it's really hard to say for sure without seeing the plants in question. If they're like this one above, they're probably fine.

monkeymun

monkeymun

I think so. Sounds like the seeds or genetics. Maybe just different ratios of chlorophyll a & b from healthy vs deficient seeds

Directed.Light

Directed.Light

But then why would it be cal-mag def if its in the same medium ? I have seen differences in greens many times in early seedlings . always attributed it to initial seed health

3N1GM4

3N1GM4

If all three or four of the same strain in the same media are light green then that may mean that the lighter green strain is a more nitrogen hungry strain. Calcium helps the plant use nitrogen, adding calmag to a full strength feeding may green them up, unless you havnt been using nutes. If you arent feeding them then dont go full strength with anything but calmag. That is, if it is the lighter green plants thst need help, just a shot in the dark with no pics.

Bannacis

Bannacis

But then why would it be cal-mag def if its in the same medium ? I have seen differences in greens many times in early seedlings . always attributed it to initial seed health
There's no such thing as a cal-mag deficiency, that's an mix of calcium and magnesium nutes.
and why are peeps still trying to figure out what is wrong, when in fact its two different strains involved.????
And with out actually seeing the plants....

Top Bottom