Blue Mystic Auto leaves are dying during flowering

• Thread starter enoughskunk
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
enoughskunk

enoughskunk

-Problem: Yellowing dying leaves, some of them bottom, some of them mid
-Medium/grow method: Plagron Light Mix
-Feed and supplements used: TanG Autoflower schedule - AN Sensi Bloom AB 2ml/l Overdrive 1ml/l Carboload 1ml/l Calmag 1ml/l
-Water source: Filtered tap water
-Strain and age: Blue Mystic Auto - Day 54 - Northern Lights Auto Day 35
-Climate: Around 30 degrees during the day, 16 in the night

- Light used: Outdoor
-Additional info:
There are some ants, bees and other couple of insects but dont seem to be coming my girls, they like the other plants i grow like rosemary etc.

Hello guys, this is my very first grow, I grow in my terrace, they get around 8 hours sunlight in a day. Some of the fan leaves of mystic has become yellow and died, sugar leaves seems very healthy. Northern Lights is younger and only gets fed with sensi bloom, it only has problem in the very bottom leaves, additionally it has some orange-red spots. Is this deficiency, or a nute burn? Thank you very much for your help.

Blue mystic auto leaves are dying during flowering
Blue mystic auto leaves are dying during flowering 2
Blue mystic auto leaves are dying during flowering 3
Blue mystic auto leaves are dying during flowering 4
Blue mystic auto leaves are dying during flowering 5
Blue mystic auto leaves are dying during flowering 6
Blue mystic auto leaves are dying during flowering 7
Blue mystic auto leaves are dying during flowering 8
Blue mystic auto leaves are dying during flowering 9
Blue mystic auto leaves are dying during flowering 10
Blue mystic auto leaves are dying during flowering 11
Blue mystic auto leaves are dying during flowering 12
Moshmen

Moshmen

I agree they look hungry but- the tips are burn and curling so in my opinion your feeding enough, there is another problem I’m not familiar with your medium , how big of container and do you feed every time ? Mayb saltbuild up

Do you ck ph? Or ppm ? Runoff?

Anthem

Anthem

I agree they look hungry but- the tips are burn and curling so in my opinion your feeding enough, there is another problem I’m not familiar with your medium , how big of container and do you feed every time ? Mayb saltbuild up

This will be interesting if he gives the PPM and Runoff. While this is some burning on the tips it looks to be older grow and the pictures looks like it was taken with peak sunlight, the top fan leafs are tacoing as well at tips up. Might be from the amount of light. Hope we get PPM and Run Off

enoughskunk

enoughskunk

Pots are 3gal and i feed around 4 liters every 2-3 days when the pots feel light. In another forum, they argued that its salt building up. I am growing for the first time and I was told that AN nutrients does not need PH adjustment because of the PH Perfect thingy. There is no growshops in my city, I need to order online so earliest I can give ph info is Wednesday. I am new into the terms of PPM and Run off but I guess I can't provide these info without knowing PH level. When I water first few seconds, the water runs off from the side but as I keep giving the water it stops. I would say at least %15 percent of the water runs off and goes to waste. Should I put a tray under them and let them suck the runoff too?

enoughskunk

enoughskunk

This will be interesting if he gives the PPM and Runoff. While this is some burning on the tips it looks to be older grow and the pictures looks like it was taken with peak sunlight, the top fan leafs are tacoing as well at tips up. Might be from the amount of light. Hope we get PPM and Run Off
They don't get much light actually, from 8.30 a.m to 5.30 pm. They survived 40 celcius degrees in pre-flowering and now the weather is way more milder around 28-32 max. And yes photo was taken at peak sunlight.

Moshmen

Moshmen

Pots are 3gal and i feed around 4 liters every 2-3 days when the pots feel light. In another forum, they argued that its salt building up. I am growing for the first time and I was told that AN nutrients does not need PH adjustment because of the PH Perfect thingy. There is no growshops in my city, I need to order online so earliest I can give ph info is Wednesday. I am new into the terms of PPM and Run off but I guess I can't provide these info without knowing PH level. When I water first few seconds, the water runs off from the side but as I keep giving the water it stops. I would say at least %15 percent of the water runs off and goes to waste. Should I put a tray under them and let them suck the runoff too?
The farm has got u! Great people here I’ll answer better after work

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
So your ppm in and ppm of run off ? Od . The plant is using up the N that was available at the start now it’s drawing the stored N from the leaves , again ppm in ppm out will be very helpful to the community. Od .

enoughskunk

enoughskunk

So your ppm in and ppm of run off ? Od . The plant is using up the N that was available at the start now it’s drawing the stored N from the leaves , again ppm in ppm out will be very helpful to the community. Od .
I can't give ppm info since I dont know have a ph meter. Earliest I can check is Wednesday sadly.

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Ok these tools will help you , with your ph meter make sure you get the buffer so you can ajust the meter itself to the correct calibration before you go testing calibrate it . Keep us posted stay relaxed smoke em if you got em . Od . Ps ph up & ph down also .

Moshmen

Moshmen

Start with just a cheap ppm/ec meter I started with a 12$ one from amazon but I’m in US . If your serious you will want to understand what EC/ppm is and how it works, ppm- parts per million- is how you will ultimately measure nutrients,
Water PH is completely different, it measures acids of your water/ nutrient combination.
To some level your medium and nute line is buffered to help with the ph, straight soil farmers can do water only grows but it’s more difficult than it sounds in my opinion.
You want to collect that 15-20% runoff to test for nutrient levels and ph or each plant at this point. Then it can be discarded.

Moshmen

Moshmen

A lot of guys just use aquarium drops to check ph, it works I’ve used pool strips as well . A lot of old timers use the drops religiously !
As OD said ur good man ! No worries

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Yes I spent $24 Aus got the twin pack of ph meters lucky for me I did , ph meters don’t work well totally summered in your feed tank ............... the lesson in that is always have measuring cup handy to do your testing in . Regards butter fingers Od ......

enoughskunk

enoughskunk

Start with just a cheap ppm/ec meter I started with a 12$ one from amazon but I’m in US . If your serious you will want to understand what EC/ppm is and how it works, ppm- parts per million- is how you will ultimately measure nutrients,
Water PH is completely different, it measures acids of your water/ nutrient combination.
To some level your medium and nute line is buffered to help with the ph, straight soil farmers can do water only grows but it’s more difficult than it sounds in my opinion.
You want to collect that 15-20% runoff to test for nutrient levels and ph or each plant at this point. Then it can be discarded.
Thanks for the help man. There are literally 3 growshop in my country and they sell very overpriced. There are Bluelab products but they are extremely expensive, I cant afford it. One that I can afford is like 8 dollar tds-ppm meter. We dont have wide range of products for every budget sadly. Should I get the cheap product or is there any way I can see through my grow without testing stuff? Like switching to market water with lower ph and keep watering with that? Or maybe flush the plants and continue with more base nutes and feed more NPK? My hands are kinda tied here. We have either chinese shitty ppm/ph meters or highend ones. What would you recommend?

enoughskunk

enoughskunk

Also I forgot to mention, I checked the lab results for tab water. PH is 7.6 and chlorine is 0.5mg/L. Also I have been told that 16 degrees during the night is too cold for the plants. Should I move them in the nights? It only sees that temprature around 6am

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Thanks for the help man. There are literally 3 growshop in my country and they sell very overpriced. There are Bluelab products but they are extremely expensive, I cant afford it. One that I can afford is like 8 dollar tds-ppm meter. We dont have wide range of products for every budget sadly. Should I get the cheap product or is there any way I can see through my grow without testing stuff? Like switching to market water with lower ph and keep watering with that? Or maybe flush the plants and continue with more base nutes and feed more NPK? My hands are kinda tied here. We have either chinese shitty ppm/ph meters or highend ones. What would you recommend?
Get a cheap Chinese one that all I use ph is mega important ph swings are and will give your plants a hard time lock out is something you need to avoid. Od .

Last edited:
Moshmen

Moshmen

For sure go cheap in this case blue lab is nice stuff but..., and just hold tight man keep doin what ur doin till next week, Don’t change until you know why and what to do, if ya start guessing you just end up chasing your tail! Yours look good ! Here’s what a hungry plant looks like , lol

Moshmen

Moshmen

Here’s one that has a big ph swing causing some uptake issues they look similar, at least to me . So just hang tight till ya have the tools. Happy growin !

enoughskunk

enoughskunk

For sure go cheap in this case blue lab is nice stuff but..., and just hold tight man keep doin what ur doin till next week, Don’t change until you know why and what to do, if ya start guessing you just end up chasing your tail! Yours look good ! Here’s what a hungry plant looks like , lol
Thank you so much, will do!

Top Bottom