Blueberry and Afghan Kush regev 1st outdoor grow

  • Thread starter chuey316
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
chuey316

chuey316

252
43
A little late to the party on this one, but a short back story up to this point.

7 Blueberry clones. 6 put in the ground a week ago, and 1 put out late yesterday. Also 2 Afghan Kush clones taken between week 1 and 2 of flower. All clones were taken within a week or 2 of each other, vegged in the same Great Lakes Water Only Soil in solo cups, under the same light. All transplanted directly in ground. 6 of the Blueberry holes were filled using 3cf of the Great Lakes soil. The 2 Afghan's and the 7th Blueberry were planted straight into my native soil to see how it does.

I just topped 3 of the Blueberry's, and I chose the front row plants as to not block any precious sun from the back row. The other 4 Blueberry's and the 2 Afghan's will likely be a mix of growing naturally, and lst.

Theses plants do not get the best light, but it was the best spot I had. They get a good 4-6 hours of direct light with passing shade, and another 2-4 hours of indirect light. They'll be watered from a rain barrel when it's dry.

Going for a minimalist grow here. Not using any nutes unless a problem arises that calls for it. Just the Water Only soil. I do however have EWC, a setup to make tea, and an unending supply of rabbit poop if needed.

As a fairly new grower still, and my 1st outdoor grow, this will be as much of a call for help and advice, as it will be a diary. Also, my work schedule can tend to get a bit crazy, but I will update as much as possible, and post pics along the way to chronicle the grow for those who wish to follow.

Pics will come soon.
 
Last edited:
chuey316

chuey316

252
43
As promised here are some pics. The 1st 3 are of the plants that were topped.
20210604 123514
20210604 123544
20210604 123556


Next 3 pics are the untopped plants
20210604 133501
20210604 133508
20210604 133513


And lastly the final Blueberry, and 2 Afghan Kush reveg's, all 3 in native soil.
20210604 133520
20210604 133538
20210604 133551
 
chuey316

chuey316

252
43
Forgot to add that I also mixed in about 3/4 cup of EWC into the top 2-3" of soil around each plant. I was planning to top dress with rabbit poop. My father raises bunnies, and always has a 30 gallon trash can full of the stuff. I'd have to find a way to separate it from the hay and alfalfa pellets though. However, I can get 50lb bags for $10 near my work, which would be worth it just for the convenience.

Any thoughts from those that have used rabbit shit in their grows? When to use, how much to use, if and when to redress?
 
chuey316

chuey316

252
43
Not much to update right now. I did go ahead and top the 3 other plants from the 2nd group of pics in the top post. The other Blueberry and 2 Afghan reveg's will be grown naturally, or possibly with some lst, depending on how they grow.

The weather is cloudy and rainy for the next 3-4 days, but it gives me a chance to throw some bleach in my rain barrel and get it cleaned up a bit. I know the plants don't mind stinky water, but I sure do. :)

20210607 140817
20210607 140824
20210607 141021
 
Last edited:
chuey316

chuey316

252
43
Ran 100ft of soaker hose today. Should hopefully work well to keep the soil moist when we go through a dry patch. Now I just need to put my spare pump in my rain barrel. Going to plumb in a new fitting for the soaker hose, and use the current fitting for when I want to gravity feed with a hand wand.
20210608 172509
 
chuey316

chuey316

252
43
Got my barrel cleaned the best I could, and my pump setup. Just waiting on the coming rain to refill it now. Put up some white tarp today as well.
20210609 132554
 
Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

1,040
163
Yeah this shit is all crazy gangster how did it turn out?
 
chuey316

chuey316

252
43
I ended up having to harvest a couple weeks early do to the weather. Missed out on the swell, and lost a decent amount to rot and mold that came out of nowhere. I checked the plants one day, and everything looked good, got home from work the next day and found the rot/mold on the same tops I had just checked. I ended up with around 18oz dried, or a bit more. The guy that owns a house next to me is removing allot of trees right now, which I'm hoping will give the area an extra 2-3 hours of direct light for next season.

I've got some clones from both strains vegging indoors right now, but I'm dealing with spider mites. If all goes well getting rid of the mites, I'll take 8-10 clones from these before flipping, and once these are harvested, I'll veg the new clones for a couple months before putting them out for the next run.

I didn't really get a chance to use the soaker hose, other than once to make sure that it worked. With the weather here, I only had to water 2, maybe 3 times the whole grow.
 

Similar threads

S
Replies
3
Views
106
Studio
S
PerfecTrader
Replies
492
Views
8K
Neueregel
Neueregel
Heywood
Replies
66
Views
1K
Oldchucky
Oldchucky
Hottoad
Replies
1
Views
188
Hottoad
Hottoad
Top Bottom