Blueberry Yield Question

• Thread starter LilChris
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
L

LilChris

Hi,

I've been offered some Blueberry cuttings and wasn't sure about how good they were regarding yield and looking after them. I've seen mixed reviews online and was wondering if anyone had any advice on rough yield (Grown Indoors) and any tips for growing. I've seen some things about them not liking too much Nutrients etc and don't want to get myself in a mess and waste my time if they too difficult to look after as I'm still pretty Noob at growing.

Any Advice gratefully received.

Thanks in advance

I

Imanoid2

Every blueberry I’ve seen in the last ten years is a heavy yielded.
I like BB. Have grown it 3 times. Fairly heavy yield. Because of it’s heritage as Mr. Short would know, he had three Sativas with an Indica. I like the more compact Kush’s and hybrids. I know there is a cross between the White Widow and Blueberry. Wonder how that yields. One last thing. If any cannabis grown outside as freezing approaches. They will turn Blue or Purple- Blue. Saw this in the 70’s. When I saw my first sinsemilla. Most folks never heard of that word then!

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
Hehehe ya I had an indica dominant blueberry in 2001 that was absolutely fantastic. Smelt and tasted like a fresh batch of BB muffins:D

I

Imanoid2

Hehehe ya I had an indica dominant blueberry in 2001 that was absolutely fantastic. Smelt and tasted like a fresh batch of BB muffins:D

Sweet. Love the taste. Though I smoke mostly for appetite enhancement now, I still do for the other aspects over these 50 years since I had my first joint in ‘67. I go for high, taste, and quality of cure. How pretty it looks is cosmetic to me. I love watching it grow. Working in it. As far as Indica. Well, sure. So many crosses since DJ Short crossed the two Thai sativas. The Mexican landrace, and I believe a Indica daddy!

K

kansabis

I would say it really depends on the cut(genotype). Do you have any idea what the moms or other cuts from the moms are yielding in a certain setup? I'd go with it either way but it is my favorite strain also lol. And yes in my experience bb is usually a very light feeder,crosses idk about.

I

Imanoid2

I would say it really depends on the cut(genotype). Do you have any idea what the moms or other cuts from the moms are yielding in a certain setup? I'd go with it either way but it is my favorite strain also lol. And yes in my experience bb is usually a very light feeder,crosses idk about.
The only thing I feed them during veg is fish emulsion. They have the fertilizer beads in the soil mix. I check ph. Soil is Miracle Grow in the 2 cu ft yellow and green bags. Best soil I found, yet. Nice 7 ph neutral. Drops to no lower than 6 when done in 4 months.

brazel

brazel

So many crosses since DJ Short crossed the two Thai sativas. The Mexican landrace, and I believe a Indica daddy!
I must of missed something here but a Mexican Lansdale is not a Thai sativa and a indica is not a sativa!

L

LilChris

Thanks all for the advice, much appreciated. Will think I'll go for them. Will let u know how I get on. Peace & Love All :)

brazel

brazel

Before you pick look at this beauty
20180109 054304

You're welcome(:

K

kansabis

The only thing I feed them during veg is fish emulsion. They have the fertilizer beads in the soil mix. I check ph. Soil is Miracle Grow in the 2 cu ft yellow and green bags. Best soil I found, yet. Nice 7 ph neutral. Drops to no lower than 6 when done in 4 months.
I started off with miracle grow,it worked well but I would definitely recommend trying to get all those pellets flushed through by chop cuz the mg soil did leave my buds not tasting or smelling as good as with fox farms and it always burnt to a black ash and sparkled when burned which leads me to believe it was full of something. Maybe too much residual nutes or what idk. Jmo

brazel

brazel

I've grown with miracle grow too, long time ago! Imaniid2 if you think that's the best, then you landed in the right spot!
Lots of these farmers will suggest better soils! Bro your mind is about to be blown! So many different soils now days!

I

Imanoid2

I must of missed something here but a Mexican Lansdale is not a Thai sativa and a indica is not a sativa!
Yeah, you missed what I wrote. The original strain was supposedly made by DJ Short. He crossed a Thail Sativa, because most sativas are natural to the moderate and tropical climes. One was a highland sativa, a lowland Thai sativa, a Mexican landrace slso being sativa because of climate and an indica male from the Kush mts. In Afghanistan, Himalayas, etc. got it now?

I

Imanoid2

I've grown with miracle grow too, long time ago! Imaniid2 if you think that's the best, then you landed in the right spot!
Lots of these farmers will suggest better soils! Bro your mind is about to be blown! So many different soils now days!

I hear you. It’s not that I have been growin Miracal Grow for 40+ years. And, it does blow my mind when I hear about what some of you guys are using. As I said when I first came on: I have learned a lot in 48 years of growing, but I know I could learn new tricks from you guys. I just wish I could taste some from the other growers. The two months in the hottest part of the desert summer a guy gets me medical. First, they trim the best part off for pre rolls. Second, some taste pretty good, others I can taste the chems. Plus. Arizona just had a news story about high rates of mildew. Ppm. I have no problem with fungus, mildew , etc. Had a few thrips early, but got them with Neem.

brazel

brazel

[]
Yeah, you missed what I wrote. The original strain was supposedly made by DJ Short. He crossed a Thail Sativa, because most sativas are natural to the moderate and tropical climes. One was a highland sativa, a lowland Thai sativa, a Mexican landrace slso being sativa because of climate and an indica male from the Kush mts. In Afghanistan, Himalayas, etc. got it now?
Haha I figured I missed something!
It happens often!

Top Bottom