Bluelab guardian

• Thread starter PharmerBob
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PharmerBob

PharmerBob

Does anyone have this? I would like to know what the connections are?

Appears to be like a coaxle cable?

Maybe?

AnselAdams

AnselAdams

Supporter
Does anyone have this? I would like to know what the connections are?

Appears to be like a coaxle cable?

Maybe?

i have 3 of them. The connector you are describing is for the PH sensor
they can be ordered from amazon for under $50. Sometimes as low as $25 I replace mine yearly. Sometimes more often, like when i set a bucket full of water on the cable..... another dumb-ass moment.... lol
🍻

PharmerBob

PharmerBob

@AnselAdams what’s the connection for the ppm/tds/temp/conductivity

AnselAdams

AnselAdams

Supporter
@AnselAdams what’s the connection for the ppm/tds/temp/conductivity

Left is DDRE-aka the grow cabinet right is Biggie aka the flower cabinet and center is the 30 RO holding tank. The center also acts as a ready replacement if one of the others fails. I purchased the CONNECT line so that i could monitor stats from anywhere via phone app.

Replacement PH probe ==> https://www.amazon.com/Bluelab-BLU2...ywords=bluelab+guardian&qid=1577486735&sr=8-7

🍻

20191227 170944
Last edited:
PharmerBob

PharmerBob

@AnselAdams great pictures....if you get the joke... I’m sure you do it is your screen name and all....

So the tds meter probe. Does it unscrew, what cable do they use? I need to be able to run a 6’ 10’ and 15’ extension to use these for tds monitoring

So question stands does the tds cable come off the unit? Please take a great pick if so, need to know the port

AnselAdams

AnselAdams

Supporter
@AnselAdams great pictures....if you get the joke... I’m sure you do it is your screen name and all....

So the tds meter probe. Does it unscrew, what cable do they use? I need to be able to run a 6’ 10’ and 15’ extension to use these for tds monitoring

So question stands does the tds cable come off the unit? Please take a great pick if so, need to know the port

My apologies, i misunderstood your question. As far as i can tell there is no way to change the TDS cable. Mine have a molded connection to the box and box is sealed around it. It actually looks like that cable assembly was clamped between the front and back halves of the unit. The folks in support are very helpful, they may do the post-purchase mod for a price or tell you how to get in the box to make the change yourself. The "green" photo was simply to show my units. The green glow is because the room lights are out. 🍻

20191227 181812
PharmerBob

PharmerBob

Fuuuuujk... aight I sent support an email just playing the waiting game

Knew it would be something like that... I can make a connection wire for just about anything or have one made if I hand my supplier a cord. But I don’t want to cut a connection that has information traveling thru it

AnselAdams

AnselAdams

Supporter
@AnselAdams thanks for your help and your “pictures” you live up to your name !

Thank you.

I do understand your reluctance to cutting cable. The data wires would be easy enough to splice; the bigger issue would be the shielding around those splices.

Please let me know what you come up with. I need more length as well; right now my cabinet locations are dictated by the electrical outlet and the length of the probe cable.

🍻

Last edited:
PharmerBob

PharmerBob

Trying to see if support can give me info on the blu27100 and if it has the ability to disconnect to add to.

🤞

AnselAdams

AnselAdams

Supporter
Trying to see if support can give me info on the blu27100 and if it has the ability to disconnect to add to.

🤞

I went out to the web to get some closeups of that model. It appears that the TDS probe is connected with a plastic nut. That being the case, i would think support could make you a cable of whatever length you are willing to fund. 😲

🍻

PharmerBob

PharmerBob

I sure do hope so!!! That would make my day... all except I would of ordered already

PharmerBob

PharmerBob

@AnselAdams so I spoke to Bluelab support and they told me that no the product does not have a line that disconnects and that if I made any changes it would void their warranty.

Being the d-head That I am I politely told them to please kindly go fuck themselves...

I actually said

“ I’m sorry we could not come to a resolution that would be mutually beneficial to all parties. Hanna is more then willing to work with Turk and has already sent over spec sheets so we could get a quote on the drop in extensions. Thank you for your response in this matter.

Signature

Turk is who my company uses for high end cables and I asked my rep there if he could see if they had anything I could use. He was more then helpful and said, of course! Get the companies to send over their cable spec sheets and we can see what needs to be done and get you a price on those.

Top Bottom