Bodhi Apollo 11f4 And Other Strains

• Thread starter Minitiger
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Minitiger

Minitiger

Before anything else, I'm going to say right now that this will probably be the worst grow report ever. I get lazy, followed by fits of enthusiasm. So I can't guarantee that this will be updated regularly. Probably what'll happen is that I'll post a shitload of pics for three or four days in a row, then not post anything for a while. But maybe not. Maybe I'll post on a regular basis. Having said that, I hope you follow along and offer any advice that y'all can, cuz I'm gonna need it.

Specs or whatever:

5 x 5 Green Qube (only got that tent because it can support 200 pounds).
Apache AT600 (weighs 65 pounds, hence the reason I shelled out $550 fucking dollars to have the Green Qube shipped from England to CA).
Soil mix is Coot's/lumperdawgz/BAS's. Equal parts peat/Agrowin EWC/pumice, with added amendments (rock dust, oyster shell, crab shell, neem, kelp meal etc etc. Y'all know this mix haha...)
One 6" Vortex for ventilation, one little bullshit fan on the floor and another clip-on fan or whatever at the top of the tent. I move those two fans around, as well as the plants, just to make things different. The plants I move around after every watering, so every other day, usually, although I have gone three days between waterings occasionally (like I said, I get lazy). But yeah, I move them around the tent as I see fit, just so each one gets a decent amount of light every few days.
3 gallon smart-pots (I wanted five gallons, but the store didn't have them and when I went to get the pots, I was actually planning on flowering out all 14 females, so....).

Watered them with a little OG Biowar after they first sprouted, then added all three packs of OG Biowar when I transplanted, plus a couple ACT's, a couple SST's (one barley in veg, then watered with a corn SST a few nights ago) and that's pretty much it, with the exception of a little Agisil K Silicate every now and then. I haven't really had a full-on "watering/feeding" regimen, for a variety of reasons. Like I said, I'm lazy haha. Plus, I kind of subscribe to the "less is more" theory.

Oh, I forgot to mention that I added a little bit of fulvic when I watered with the barley SST. I also foliared them once with some TM7 relatively early in veg, when it looked like they were showing some micro-nuts deficiencies (boron, maybe?). Other than that, it's been mostly straight RO water.

I actually ordered a cubic foot of BAS's soil mix a whiiiiiile ago, so there's also some of their biochar in this soil mix. I mixed up a bunch of my own "Coots mix" like four months before I used it (although it could've been six months. Or two. I promise that for my next grow report, I'll keep more accurate notes and shit). Then I mixed up another batch using the cubic foot of BAS's mix, along with the Coots mix, so there is a little bit of bio-char in there as well. If I had to guess, I'd say one percent of the total mix, if that. I combined the old soil mix and the more recent soil mix and planted the seeds straight into that. 18 seeds sowed, eighteen seeds sprouted. Got fourteen females, which I was not anticipating at all, so I had to trash a few (I don't wanna talk about it... haha). There really was no rhyme or reason to how I decided which ones to trash, with the exception of one of the Goldstars that was seriously lagging. The other ones I got rid of was based on me staring at every plant for like two hours, hemming and hawing and then going,'Fuck it," and just grabbing five of them and killing them. They all looked really good, so it was very difficult.

One of the Goldstars (these are the Goldstar f4's, btw) showed male after about two weeks of 12/12. I swear it looked like a female when I threw it into flower (all of these plants were vegged for 60 days before flowering, btw), so I'm not sure if it hermed or I'm just an idiot who can't tell the difference between male and female pre-flowers haha. If it did herm, I have to assume that it just needed more room than the 3 gallon smart pots could provide.

Anyway, yeah, so I have three Apollo 11 f4's, two Goldstar f4's and two Prayer Towers from Bodhi's initial release. These Prayer Towers aren't the Indica or Sativa selection that Bodhi made later, as far as I know. And judging from the way they're growing, I have to believe that these are from his initial pollination. One of the Prayer Towers is like twice the size of the other.

There's also one Clusterfunk, also from the original release, which used, as I understand it, a "fake" '91 Skunk VA as the female? Is that right? I know there was some confusion re: the Chem that was used as the mother.

Anyway, all of the plants were topped somewhere around the fifth or sixth node, which I never would have done if I knew I'd be flowering these seed plants out. My plan was to veg them for sixty days, take cuts, root them, trash the mothers and flower the cuts out. And before I go any further, I have to admit that I did not plan this grow as well as I could have. By the time the seed plants were ready to take cuts and shit, it was the holiday season, so pretty much the busiest time at work for me. The long hours I was working, coupled with trying to be a good friend and making it to everybody's holiday parties.... I dunno, it was just too much. By the time I got home every night, I was just too fucking tired to dedicate hours and hours to taking cuts, rooting, setting up another tent etc etc.

Am I rambling? haha. I just wanted to provide as much info as possible.

Vegged for around 60 days, reduced the lighting to 14/10 for two weeks, just to kind of ease them into flower. 12/12 for two weeks, which I think started on either December 25th or 26th. After two weeks of 12/12, I reduced the light schedule again to 11/13, which I will use for the remainder.

The lone Clusterfunk:
Bodhi apollo 11f4 and other strains

One of the Goldstars.
Bodhi apollo 11f4 and other strains 2

One of the Apollos.
Bodhi apollo 11f4 and other strains 3

One of the Prayer Towers.
Bodhi apollo 11f4 and other strains 4

Full plant shot of one of the Apollos. Again, I have to reiterate that these were all topped, but you can still see just how crazy-branchy the Apollos are.
Bodhi apollo 11f4 and other strains 5
Bodhi apollo 11f4 and other strains 5

And another random Apollo shot. Like I said, this will probably be the worst grow report ever. With the exception of those grow reports that never get finished. This one will absolutely be finished and reports will be given for each and every plant. Although I understand that "life happens" or whatever, I fucking can't stand when people start reports and then just disappear or whatever. Super-annoying.

Anyway, I'm impressed with how frosty all of the plants are getting already. Very impressed. The Apollos are obviously gonna be done within the expected seven weeks flowering period. So, like, only about four weeks left to go. The Goldstars, which I thought would take the longest, actually look like they'll be the next to follow. The Clusterfunk looks like it'll be the last to finish, which is odd, considering the genetics.

Okay, sorry, I type too much and too fast, I apologize for the rambling.

Also, I've said it before and I'll say it again: none of this would've been possible without the extremely generous and patient responses to my endless pages of pm's to @Bulldog11 and @Seamaiden. You guys have no idea how much I've bugged the shit out of them. They know their shit, we're lucky to have them. Anyway, yeah.... Hope y'all dig this thread. Any input or info anyone wants to provide will be greatly appreciated. Unless y'all say something dumb, in which case I'll just ignore you hahaha!!!

Bodhi apollo 11f4 and other strains 6
Last edited:
Minitiger

Minitiger

Very detailed, been looking forward to this. Tagged!

Thanks! I'll do my best to regularly update. Probably get in there tonight and mess with the camera settings so that those pics don't look so "red." Also want to get some more full plant shots. One thing I've noticed is virtually all of the top half of the petioles have turned red, on all of the plants. Been researching it and came across someone's theory that it could be caused by LED lighting. Any thoughts there? I don't think it's a potassium deficiency because it's not, like, "striping" or whatever. It's really just like the top halves of all of the plants petioles have turned a very solid red, while the bottom halves remain green. I'll try to get some pictures of a few of them posted in the next few days.

Minitiger

Minitiger

IME the redness is related to P utilization. Have you gone through Capulator's thread on how light spectrum affects nutrient uptake?

And THAT is the Apollo 11 f4 I know and love!

@Seamaiden chiming in on a Sunday??? I thought you took weekends off from thcfarmer haha.

I have not read that thread of Cap's, but I will today (I'm off today, yay). It was my understanding that the particular model of Apache that I have was designed specifically for growing cannabis, but I could be mistaken there. I haven't seen @tags420 around here in a while (or maybe he just doesn't like me and ignores my posts ☹️ haha), but I could've sworn he told me that the model I have was specifically for growing weed.

Any ideas on how to "make" the plants utilize P more efficiently? Particularly if the spectrum of the light is the culprit? That light cost me 2500 fucking dollars, it better work, damnit hahaha!!!

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I do not know the particulars of the lighting, especially if we're talking a super narrow/precise spectrum. But, if you're certain that there's sufficiently available P, then first I would begin shifting pH up and down. If that doesn't work, then I'd both re-examine the forms of P as well as the lighting.

ALL of that said, I've never pulled off an indoor grow without the reddened/purpled petioles, and the vast majority of growers who grow indoors seem to always have that present as well, yet they still pull off stellar yields and crops. I wouldn't worry about it too hard.

Minitiger

Minitiger

Also have to mention that all three of the Apollos look exactly the same. One's a little smaller than the other two, but little to no variation otherwise. Bodhi did a very nice job with these (big surprise.... Haha). Ultimately, how they smoke will be the deciding factor, but so far so good, I think.

Minitiger

Minitiger

I do not know the particulars of the lighting, especially if we're talking a super narrow/precise spectrum. But, if you're certain that there's sufficiently available P, then first I would begin shifting pH up and down. If that doesn't work, then I'd both re-examine the forms of P as well as the lighting.

ALL of that said, I've never pulled off an indoor grow without the reddened/purpled petioles, and the vast majority of growers who grow indoors seem to always have that present as well, yet they still pull off stellar yields and crops. I wouldn't worry about it too hard.

Okay. Yeah, whilst researching the purple petioles thing, ph levels was another thing that kept coming up. I reeeeaallllllyyyyy need to get a ph tester kit, been saying that for weeks now, just haven't done it yet. Maybe I will today, as I do think that could likely be the reason. But don't you think that if it was ph and/or difficulties on the plants' part to utilize P, the entire petiole would be red, as opposed to just the top halves? Why only the top halves of all the petioles turn red while the bottom halves remain green?

hiiipower

hiiipower

I'm stoked for this. In the last year I bought bodhi's Apollo f4s and prayer tower sativa but won't be running them for a lil while, so I'm definitely tuned into this. Show lots of pics please. Looks great so far. Good luck!

Minitiger

Minitiger

I'm stoked for this. In the last year I bought bodhi's Apollo f4s and prayer tower sativa but won't be running them for a lil while, so I'm definitely tuned into this. Show lots of pics please. Looks great so far. Good luck!

Sweet! Thanks for checking this out. I really am gonna do my best to keep it updated as much as I can, with as many pics as I can. The problem is that, despite the fact that my girl has shown me like three times how to upload pics from the camera to the computer, I still haven't figured it out haha.

One of the reasons I chose the four strains I did (I have like over a dozen Bodhi strains, plus like eight or ten strains from other breeders) is that there just seems to be very little info out there about these. Have you seen that Prayer Tower "it's big mon" thread? That plant was just ridiculous, but it's pretty much the only thread I've seen re: Prayer Tower. Another reason I chose to run that one. Still have twelve or thirteen of those seeds, so if the two I have turn out well.... I'll be stoked haha.

So you got the Prayer Tower Sativas? Whenever you get around to running those, lemme know, I'd love to watch those. Interestingly, with the two I have, the more compact and squat pheno (which I would consider a more Indica-ish pheno) looks like it's gonna finish later than the one I'd consider the Sativa pheno, which is like twice the size of the other. And it's already much, much frostier than the "Indica" one. I'm really gonna try to get a handle on this camera, because you can't see just how crystal-y it (and all of the other plants, really) are getting, but man, they look gooooood....

Another thing: the Apollos just do not give a shit haha. There were temp and humidity issues in my tent for a little while (got that straightened out now), but the Apollos just kept chugging along. Very, very easy to grow, very vigorous. Be stoked you have those beans. I still have nineteen of them, but I've been so impressed with them that I've been considering getting another pack or two, before they're all gone. Thus far, it's looking like one I want to keep around for a long time.

Last edited:
tags420

tags420

Nice man. I have been away from the farm for a while. Just came back to a bunch of PM's and alerts. The R2 is for cannabis. Still the best flowers quality I have ever produced. Love that spectrum.
I have had the red petioles often, more than just AT grows, and don't have a great answer for it. I have never had an "issue" from it per say and never thought I suffered from a deficiency too much. I used to try and correct...P and/or Mg, but never really got it gone. I always feel/felt I could pull more than I did...but is also right on PAR with my hps yields, so I let it slide.
@Seamaiden Do you have a link to that thread? Would love to check it out.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Thanks! I'll do my best to regularly update. Probably get in there tonight and mess with the camera settings so that those pics don't look so "red." Also want to get some more full plant shots. One thing I've noticed is virtually all of the top half of the petioles have turned red, on all of the plants. Been researching it and came across someone's theory that it could be caused by LED lighting. Any thoughts there? I don't think it's a potassium deficiency because it's not, like, "striping" or whatever. It's really just like the top halves of all of the plants petioles have turned a very solid red, while the bottom halves remain green. I'll try to get some pictures of a few of them posted in the next few days.
I'm a sucker for anything Bodhi related. Post at will :smoking:

Minitiger

Minitiger

Nice man. I have been away from the farm for a while. Just came back to a bunch of PM's and alerts. The R2 is for cannabis. Still the best flowers quality I have ever produced. Love that spectrum.
I have had the red petioles often, more than just AT grows, and don't have a great answer for it. I have never had an "issue" from it per say and never thought I suffered from a deficiency too much. I used to try and correct...P and/or Mg, but never really got it gone. I always feel/felt I could pull more than I did...but is also right on PAR with my hps yields, so I let it slide.
@Seamaiden Do you have a link to that thread? Would love to check it out.

@tags420 rearing his head! Haha, nice to "see" you here. I guess I should mention that tags was a big, big help when I was researching LEDs. If y'all haven't seen his threads and side-by-sides, check them out. Very informative and very helpful. Dude knows waaaayyyyy more about LEDs than I will ever know. His threads and info were the determining factor with me biting the bullet and spending the cash for my Apache. Which, btw, I don't regret at all. This light seems to be the shit so far. So if anyone who happens to check this thread and is on the fence about maybe purchasing an LED, I highly recommend you find his grows either here or on YouTube. Very, very impressive.

Love how you always manage to throw in a "PAR" double entendre, btw, tags. Every post haha! And for real, very good to see you back.

hiiipower

hiiipower

One of the reasons I chose the four strains I did (I have like over a dozen Bodhi strains, plus like eight or ten strains from other breeders) is that there just seems to be very little info out there about these. Have you seen that Prayer Tower "it's big mon" thread? That plant was just ridiculous, but it's pretty much the only thread I've seen re: Prayer Tower. Another reason I chose to run that one. Still have twelve or thirteen of those seeds, so if the two I have turn out well.... I'll be stoked haha.

So you got the Prayer Tower Sativas? Whenever you get around to running those, lemme know, I'd love to watch those. Interestingly, with the two I have, the more compact and squat pheno (which I would consider a more Indica-ish pheno) looks like it's gonna finish later than the one I'd consider the Sativa pheno, which is like twice the size of the other. And it's already much, much frostier than the "Indica" one. I'm really gonna try to get a handle on this camera, because you can't see just how crystal-y it (and all of the other plants, really) are getting, but man, they look gooooood....

Another thing: the Apollos just do not give a shit haha. There were temp and humidity issues in my tent for a little while (got that straightened out now), but the Apollos just kept chugging along. Very, very easy to grow, very vigorous. Be stoked you have those beans. I still have nineteen of them, but I've been so impressed with them that I've been considering getting another pack or two, before they're all gone. Thus far, it's looking like one I want to keep around for a long time.

Like your choices! Apollo is my favorite. I'm really searching for happiest stuff, that's what I like the most. I think the Apollo 11 genius' and the prayer tower sativa will give me a good chance at that. Hoping the P tower sativa isn't too racey. I tried to look at that big mon thread but it wouldn't let me see the pics. Gonna be a bit still until I plant any of those. I have a bunch and wanna move into a bigger spot so I can run them all at once. Some day.. Running eclipse(Apollo 11 x Apollo 13) right now from tricloud, so I'm hoping to find something in there to hold me over for now lol. They're growing just like your Apollo 11's, really vigorous and branchy as hell.

Minitiger

Minitiger

Like your choices! Apollo is my favorite. I'm really searching for happiest stuff, that's what I like the most. I think the Apollo 11 genius' and the prayer tower sativa will give me a good chance at that. Hoping the P tower sativa isn't too racey. I tried to look at that big mon thread but it wouldn't let me see the pics. Gonna be a bit still until I plant any of those. I have a bunch and wanna move into a bigger spot so I can run them all at once. Some day.. Running eclipse(Apollo 11 x Apollo 13) right now from tricloud, so I'm hoping to find something in there to hold me over for now lol. They're growing just like your Apollo 11's, really vigorous and branchy as hell.

I think if you just google something like "Bodhi Prayer Tower strain" you'll be able to see those pics, since they're pretty much the only pics of Prayer Tower anywhere. I'm telling you, dude grew it under a 400 watt hps and freaking KILLED it. Some of the most impressive pics I've ever seen. A really massive cola. The plant hanging and drying after chop looked like three plants. Crazy.

I expect the Apollo to be a pretty "happy" high just from what I've read about it. Plus, it seems like Bodhi kind of breeds towards plants that produce happy highs. I've smoked his Goji, Green Lotus and Stevie Wonder and all have been exceptional. Extremely pleasant, very happy. His Ancient OG is very good, too, although a little heavier, but still smile-y. I've been using that for my "bedtime meds" lately. The only strain of his that I've smoked that I didn't enjoy was his White Lotus. It was too racy for me. But I tend to have the opposite reaction to most strains. Meaning, Indica-dominant strains tend to make my heart race and make me a little anxious, while I always find Sativas very pleasant and smile-y and exactly how I wanna feel.

Just as an aside, if you ever get a chance to try Stevie Wonder, DO IT haha. I got some recently from a buddy's dispensary. Loved it so much I went back and grabbed a bunch more, which I rarely do with dispensary weed. It was grown really well, very clean, very white ash, so maybe that had something to do with it. But the high is fucking exceptional. Extreeeeemely happy, no burnout or heavy comedown. It's excellent. As much as I'm loathe to bring clones into my house, I have to admit that I've been kind of sort bugging my buddy to source me a clone haha.

I'll look into that Eclipse you're running, sounds interesting. Do you have a log here?

Last edited:
hiiipower

hiiipower

Just as an aside, if you ever get a chance to try Stevie Wonder, DO IT haha. I got some recently from a buddy's dispensary. Loved it so much I went back and grabbed a bunch more, which I rarely do with dispensary weed. It was grown really well, very clean, very white ash, so maybe that had something to do with it. But the high is fucking exceptional. Extreeeeemely happy, no burnout or heavy comedown. It's excellent. As much as I'm loathe to bring clones into my house, I have to admit that I've been kind of sort bugging my buddy to source me a clone haha.

I'll look into that Eclipse you're running, sounds interesting. Do you have a log here?

Well great minds do think alike.. Got some supersititious(stevie wonder x snow lotus) beans waiting in the fridge lol. That's actually the strain I'm most excited about that I have in the stash. Never burned it but the genetics and description sound pretty great. I bet it's a frosty beast! Haven't started a thread yet for the eclipse, it's on deck waiting another month or two before I have space to run them. I planted the seeds about 2 months ago, have 4 females waiting to be flowered. If your anywhere near as paranoid as me about bringing in clones than that's a pretty good stamp of approval about stevie wonder lol

Minitiger

Minitiger

Well great minds do think alike.. Got some supersititious(stevie wonder x snow lotus) beans waiting in the fridge lol. That's actually the strain I'm most excited about that I have in the stash. Never burned it but the genetics and description sound pretty great. I bet it's a frosty beast! Haven't started a thread yet for the eclipse, it's on deck waiting another month or two before I have space to run them. I planted the seeds about 2 months ago, have 4 females waiting to be flowered. If your anywhere near as paranoid as me about bringing in clones than that's a pretty good stamp of approval about stevie wonder lol

I'm very paranoid about clones, but yeah, it's that good.

Pop those Superstitious-es. One thing I've noticed about every Snow Lotus cross I've smoked is that the Snow Lotus seems to dominate the bud structure, smell and flavor. The Goji and the White Lotus I get are grown by the same mother/daughter team, so that could have something to do with it. Obviously, pheno selection has something to do with it, as well. Maybe they just like the Snow Lotus dominant phenos. Since I've never grown them, I couldn't tell you whether or not that's the case, but it does seem like the few Snow Lotus crosses I've sampled all seemed pretty similar, structurally and smell-wise.

I can't remember offhand if the Ancient was bred with the Snow Lotus male. If it was, then it'd be the lone SL cross that's different from the others I've tried. That one has much tighter buds and a mild OG nose. Tastes like marshmallows, caramel and fuel, even when I blaze it thru my dirty-ass bong. Very unique, very delicious, very pleasant. I really wish I could've gotten some of those seeds when they were available.

Top Bottom