Bodhi Tester Golden Triangle/88G13HP, plus Silver Mountain, Larry Lotus and Smart Move (Genius Thai x OMG)

Been meaning to start this thread for a while, but I've had a lot going on (despite the fact that I'm stiiiiiiilllllll jobless) and I'm only just now feeling like I can get this grow report going. So you'll probably notice that there's a distinct lack of early veg shots, but it's just because of what I just said: too much going on. Anyway... Veg shots are boring.

The grow is the same as all of my others: Apache AT600 light (best LED around, by far); recycled Coot's mix for growing medium; 5 x 5 Green Qube tent, etc.

I've been watering with straight water, but once every twelve days, I've been topdressing with malted barley powder and watering it in with a fulvic acid/yucca/potasium silicate solution. I gotta say, I used to use sprouted seed teas, but I really feel like I'm seeing a bigger (and better) difference with the MBP. Could just be my imagination, but I do like the MBP better. It's a lot easier than sprouted seed teas and it also seems to be shortening the flower time.

And then four days after the MBP top dress, I'll water with a neem/kelp tea (just a half cup of neem and a quarter cup of kelp soaked in five gallons of water for 24 hours). Other than that, its just been straight water.

About the flowering time... I planted these seeds on December 1 (100% germ rate), switched to 11/13 on February 1 and it does seem like they're flowering quicker than usual, which is a benefit of MBP that I've read about. So.... win/win!

Anyway, here they are on February 1, first day of flower:

IMG_0076.jpg

One thing that's kinda weird is that the Smart Move (Genius Thai x OMG) beans were sent to me as testers, but I just recently saw that those seeds have been released and are available for sale at multiple seedbanks. It did take me a little longer than normal to get started on this grow, so I guess that other testers just got around to them sooner than I did and Bodhi decided that they were good to go. It does seem like the Apollo 11 in the Smart Move is dominating the cross, because it reeks JUST LIKE Apollo 11 (think sickly sweet, rotting pineapple, very tropical, delicious) and they look like they're gonna finish up much quicker than the other plants in the tent. I'm thinking probably a seven week flower time, just like Apollo 11. So it makes sense that Bodhi got reports back on that cross sooner than maybe other crosses. Like if they were planted in September, they'd be done by late-December if they were vegged for sixty days.

Anyway, here's the Smart Move #1 on February 11, 11 days after initiating flower:

Genius Thai:OMG#1 2.JPG

This is my favorite of the two Smart Moves I ended up with (planted eight seeds and only got two females!). She really opened up once flower commenced.

And here she is on February 29:

Genius Thai:OMG#1 day 29 full.JPG

Genius Thai:OMG#1 day 29 closeup 2.JPG

Here's the Smart Move #3 on February 11:

Genius Thai:OMG#3 .JPG

Genius Thai:OMG#3 day 29 full.JPG

Genius Thai:OMG#3 day 29 closeup.JPG

Genius Thai:OMG#3 day 29 closeup 1.JPG

You can see how far along they are barely four weeks into flower. Like I said, I think the Apollo 11 is really dominating as far as the finishing time and scents are concerned, although the OMG dad or maybe the Prayer Tower part of the Genius Thai mom seems to be fattening both of them up quite a bit more than straight Apollo 11.

Anyway, I also planted eight seeds of the Golden Triangle/88G13HP testers that Bodhi sent me and I only ended up with ONE FEMALE (sad-faced emoji... haha). Serious bummer, but I'll post pics anyway.

Here she is on February 11:
Golden Triangle:88G13HP.JPG

Golden Triangle:88G13HP day 29 full.JPG

Golden Triangle:88G13HP day 29 closeup 1.JPG

Golden Triangle:88G13HP day 29 closeup.JPG

I'm pretty bummed I only got one female, both because it kind of renders a test grow useless and also because I really like the way this plant looks. I mean, I like the way all of them look, but this one really intrigues me. Golden Triangle is a hybrid of Triangle Kush and Appalachia (Green Crack x Tres Dawg) and the 88G13HP is, uh, a G13/Hashplant hybrid. I've grown Bodhi's Clusterfunk before, only hybrid of his I've grown that utilized the 88G13HP male and those turned out really, really good. Much different than I anticipated, it was a very electric, "up" high, so I expect good things from this plant.

Anyway, I also planted five seeds of Bodhi's Silver Mountain and got three females. I'm super excited about these, as I've only read good things about that hybrid. Since I wasn't testing these or the Larry Lotuses, I didn't start taking pics of them until February 29 (like I said, veg pic are boring), but here they are.

Silver Mountain #2 (I was only able to get closeups of this one):
Silver Mountain #2 day 29 closeup 2.JPG

Silver Mountain #2 day 29 closeup.JPG

Here's the Silver Mountain #4. This one strrrrrrretched pretty good, tallest plant in the tent for sure. Also looks like it's going to take the longest to finish.
Silver Mountain #4 day 29 full 1.JPG

Silver Mountain #4 day 29 closeup 1.JPG

Silver Mountain #4 day 29 closeup.JPG

Silver Mountain #5:

Silver Mountain #5 day 29 full.JPG

Silver Mountain #5 day 29 cola.JPG

Silver Mountain #5 day 29 closeup 1.JPG

I've grown a few of Bodhi's crosses that utilized the Appalachia male and one thing I've noticed is that he tends to produce crosses that develop these big, loooooong running colas up and down every top. Pretty stoked for these Silver Mountains for sure.

Planted just three of the Larry Lotuses kind of as an afterthought and ended up with two females. I've grown this hybrid before and I've got to say that these are growing VERY differently from the first time I grew them, even though the seeds were from the same pack. The first time I grew them, they stretched like crazy and ended up pretty dang tall. The two I have growing now didn't stretch much at all (they're the two shortest plants in the tent). The only thing I'm doing differently this grow is that these plants are in five gallon pots; the old grow was in three gallon pots. Everything else is the same. Same soil mix, same light... So I dunno. Anyway....

Larry Lotus #1:

Last edited:
Larry Lotus #1:

Larry Lotus #1 full day 29.JPG

Larry Lotus #1 closeup day 29.JPG

Larry Lotus #1 closeup day 29 1.JPG

And Larry Lotus #2:
Larry Lotus #2 day 29 full pant.JPG

Larry Lotus #2 closeup day 29.JPG

Larry Lotus #2 closeup day 29 1.JPG

So that's that. I'll be taking more pictures and updating regularly now that things are getting good. Pretty stoked about the Larry Lotuses, too. All I've pretty much been smoking for the last few years is my own weed and I haven't grown any kind of OG hybrid since the last time I grew this LL which I think was like four years ago or so. There's a thread of that grow somewhere here at the farm, I should check to see exactly how long ago that was....

Yep, just checked, I started that log on April 4 2016. I recall that the Larry Lotus smoked pretty true to straight Larry OG which is probably one of my three favorite OG's, along with Skywalker and SFV. So yeah, I'm stoked about this grow.

Anyway....

I'm excited to see this thread. I am stoked to run some Bodi gear in the near future, although they might be on the back burner for a second when they arrive. I have some old breeding stock that should be coming in around the same time and I am really looking forward to searching through those first and foremost. But Bodhi soon thereafter haha. I wish you well with the rest of your flowering cycle friend! Positive vibes...

Edit to add: I was really eying the Black Triangle on GLG for a minute, but I ended up purchasing from a different source altogether. Hopefully I made the right decision.

~nugzz

Last edited:
I'm excited to see this thread. I am stoked to run some Bodi gear in the near future, although they might be on the back burner for a second when they arrive. I have some old breeding stock that should be coming in around the same time and I am really looking forward to searching through those first and foremost. But Bodhi soon thereafter haha. I wish you well with the rest of your flowering cycle friend! Positive vibes...

Edit to add: I was really eying the Black Triangle on GLG for a minute, but I ended up purchasing from a different source altogether. Hopefully I made the right decision.

~nugzz
Yeah, you’ll love his gear. It’s pretty much all I’ve been growing for the last four or five years. I think the only thing I’ve grown that wasn’t his in that time frame was some Tangerine Kush from Rare Dankness that I got as freebies (really good weed but it just didn’t have the looks; I’m still gonna revisit it, though, probably right after this grow) and some Thai hybrid from KOS (that dude the Rev from Skunk Magazine’s seed company; smoke was decent, zero bag appeal). Everything I’ve grown from Bodhi’s been really, really good (I think I’ve grown around eighteen or so of his hybrids) with the exception of his Pinball Wizard that I grew last run. I dunno what happened with that one. I only got one female from the four seeds I grew and she smoked really good after a month or so cure. But the longer she cured, the weaker she got. I had one jar sealed up for three months and when I finally cracked it, it was just like,”Pfffffttt.....” Decent buzz, but that’s it. Just decent. And really short-lived, too. Started wearing off after about 45 minutes.

But yeah, dude, everything else has been great. You’ll love it.

Okay, took these pics last night, day 39 of flower. Plants're coming along. I've been dealing with a fungus gnat problem for the last week or so, which exploded into a full-on infestation a couple days ago. They're fucking everywhere, flying around when I open the tent, tons and tons of dead ones all over the floor, they're driving me nuts. Top-dressed with diatomaceous earth three nights ago and nematodes will be arriving tomorrow, so.... The plants are definitely looking a little worse for the wear, though.

Anyway, first up is the Golden Triangle/88G13HP tester. I really love this one. The structure reminds me of the Clusterfunk I grew a while back, but the nugs are much, much denser than the CF. I gave them a squeeze for the first time last night (I try to touch my plants as little as possible, but they're getting far enough along that a little squeeze or two here and there seems appropriate) and I was really pleasantly surprised at how rock hard they are. Maybe the densest nugs I've grown. I mean, I tend to grow Sativa-dominant hybrids for the most part, so it isn't surprising that they're the densest buds *I've* grown, but they're pretty dang dense for any plant, anywhere, grown by anyone.

Here she is:

Golden Triangle:88G13HP day 39 full.JPG

You can see the damage from the fungus gnats manifesting itself on the leaves. So. Friggin'. Annoying.

Closeups:
Golden Triangle:88G13HP day 39 closeup.JPG

Golden Triangle:88G13HP day 39 closeup1.JPG

Golden Triangle:88G13HP day 39 nug.JPG

I had the tent open when I took the first and last pics I just posted, hence the difference in the way they look.

So, yeah, I'm digging this tester. There's not much smell coming off of her, which is something I've read about The White, which is a part of this cross. I'm thinking the this one is leaning waaaayyyyyy to The White side of this hybrid, and maybe the 88G13HP, too, just because nothing about her reminds me of any of the Appalachia hybrids that I've grown. I like her a lot, though. Very different from the stuff I usually grow.

Anyway, here's the Genius Thai/OMG #1 "tester" aka Smart Move:
Genius Thai:OMG #1 day 39 full.JPG

I watered her right after I took this pic and she perked up. Those sagging leaves in this pic upset me haha... Here are some closeups:
Genius Thai:OMG #1 day 39 closeup.JPG

Genius Thai:OMG #1 day 39 closeup1.JPG

Genius Thai:OMG #1 day 39 closeup3.JPG

And here's the Smart Move #3. You can see that she's quite a bit different-looking than the #1. I'm thinking this one is leaning much, much further to the Old Mother 'Ghani side of the hybrid:
Genius Thai:OMG #3 day 39 full.JPG

This one has these just SUPER-fat tops that I'm digging a lot. She's not as frosty as the #1, so we'll see how she smokes in five or six weeks.

#3 closeups:
Genius Thai:OMG #3 day 39 closeup2.JPG

Genius Thai:OMG #3 day 39 closeup1.JPG

And here's the Larry Lotus #1:
Larry Lotus #1 day 39 full.JPG

Bad pic, sorry. Here are some closeups of the #1. She and the other Larry Lotus are both getting pretty fucking frosty.

Larry Lotus #1 day 39 closeup1.JPG

Larry Lotus #1 day 39 closeup2.JPG

And here's the Larry Lotus #2:
Larry Lotus #2 day 39 full.JPG

Larry Lotus #2 day 39 closeup.JPG

Larry Lotus #2 day 39 closeup1.JPG

Larry Lotus #2 day 39 nug.JPG

Okay, I'm about to run out of room, I'll start a new post for the Silver Mountains.

I gotta say, these Silver Mountains are starting to smell fucking FABULOUS. Very similar to Super Silver Haze. Very fruity, lemon/lime and also a kind of.... I dunno.... Metallic smell? Chemical? Something not natural, but delicious nevertheless. I really wish Bodhi would release these seeds again. I actually had a Silver Mountain male that I was keeping in the garage and flowering in the sunlight, planning on making some f2's of this one. But then I had to unexpectedly go to fucking Florida for a family emergency and I didn't want to ask my girlfriend to be lugging him in and out of the garage every day and night, so I killed him. He was maybe a week away from starting to drop pollen, too. Such a bummer...

Anyway, here's the #2:

Silver Mountain #2 day 39 full.JPG

Silver Mountain #2 day 39 closeup.JPG

Silver Mountain #2 day 39 closeup1.JPG

And here's the #4, the tall one:
Silver Mountain #4 day 39 full.JPG

It's really hard to get decent closeups of the tops on this one, just because she stretched so much. I'm 6'2" and the table that I set my plants on to water and take pics is a little lower than my waist and I have to take pics of the tops from beneath them. I've tried lifting the camera up above my head but the pics always suck haha! She's my favorite, though, which'll become obvious by the number of pics of her that I'm about to post haha...

#4 closeups:
Silver Mountain #4 day 39 nug.JPG

Silver Mountain #4 day 39 closeup.JPG

Silver Mountain #4 day 39 closeup2.JPG
Silver Mountain #4 day 39 closeup4.JPG
Silver Mountain #4 day 39 nug1.JPG

And here's the Silver Mountain #5:

Silver Mountain #5 day 39 full.JPG

Silver Mountain #5 day 39 closeup.JPG
Silver Mountain #5 day 39 closeup1.JPG

Silver Mountain #5 day 39 closeup2.JPG

Silver Mountain #5 day 39 closeupnug.JPG

Oh! I almost forgot. Check this out. Has anybody seen something like this before?

Silver Mountain #5 day 39 weird pod.JPG

It's just a calyx growing on that leaf. It had a big ol' orange hair growing out of it, too, but I pulled it off when I was squeezing it right after I noticed it. At first I was like,"Is that a seed pod...? What the fuck is that?" so I touched it. Nope, not a seed pod. Just a calyx (or something, I dunno what it was) growing on a leaf. Never seen that before, I don't think. I probably wouldn't have even messed with it except the night before last I had a bad dream about my plants. I was keeping them in a BBQ, a really weird, old BBQ and the back was round and completely exposed to the sunlight and I hadn't noticed for some reason. And then I was like,"Shit, they're gonna herm!" so I lit the BBQ and shut the lid, then opened it a minute later and the plants were all wilted and burned and yellow and blistered and I was super-bummed. Wonder what Freud would say about that. I wanna torch my grow? I don't think so.....

Anyway, so yeah, I had that dream in the back of my mind when I noticed that thing growing on that leaf, which is why I pulled it off. Otherwise, I woulda just left it there.

Okaaaayyyyyy.....

Last edited:
I truly appreciate your thorough posts and beautiful pictures! Your thread makes me even more excited to run some Bodhi cultivars. I have seen the calyxes on the fan leaves before. I am fairly sure it happens with Cherry Pie and similar cultivars fairly often. One of the more intriguing mutations of cannabis that I have seen. I wish you well with combating the fungus gnats. Positive vibes...

~nugzz

I truly appreciate your thorough posts and beautiful pictures! Your thread makes me even more excited to run some Bodhi cultivars. I have seen the calyxes on the fan leaves before. I am fairly sure it happens with Cherry Pie and similar cultivars fairly often. One of the more intriguing mutations of cannabis that I have seen. I wish you well with combating the fungus gnats. Positive vibes...

~nugzz
Yeah, I really despise shitty grow logs, so I try to be pretty thorough and post a lot of pics, too. That's all anybody really cares about haha, so I take a lot of pictures. I totally get why Capulator started his own grow site with super-high standards for what he will and won't allow people to post in the grow logs section. I mean, I personally would rather have some info than none at all, but I get why he's like that.

Cool you've seen that mutation before. I'm not sure if I have or not. I feel like maybe I have, but I'm not positive. It was pretty weird to see, though.

have you ever tried using natural predators to control fungus gnats?

I had massive problem with whitefly in UK found a species called Encarsia formosa a solitary wasp that lays its eggs inside the whitefly egg and its offspring emerge with a meal.

or controlling Thrips with little mites Amblyseius

best get them in before infestation better prevention rather than cure after its all getting eaten up!

but some small insect damage at the right time can up the trics and terps

all about the low stress

have you ever tried using natural predators to control fungus gnats?

I had massive problem with whitefly in UK found a species calledEncarsia formosa a solitary wasp that lays its eggs inside the whitefly egg and its offspring emerge with a meal.

or controlling Thrips with little mites Amblyseius

best get them in before infestation better prevention rather than cure after its all getting eaten up!

but some small insect damage at the right time can up the trics and terps

all about the low stress
Yeah, like I said, I have 10 million nematodes on the way, supposed to arrive today or tomorrow. I dunno what the deal is, but my last three grows, I’ve gotten fungus gnats. I usually take care of it the first time I see a single gnat and they go away after two applications of the nematodes and a diatomaceous earth topdress, but I’m broke right now and had to wait five days or so before I could afford to buy the nematodes.

Not working sucks..... haha!

I’m not too worried about them. Once I water in the ‘todes, they usually go away pretty quickly.

I will hopefully be germinating a few Bodhi cultivars in a few days. Oddly enough, I believe that l am most excited about the Chem Kesey and it was the freebie haha. Positive vibes...

~nugzz

I will hopefully be germinating a few Bodhi cultivars in a few days. Oddly enough, I believe that l am most excited about the Chem Kesey and it was the freebie haha. Positive vibes...

~nugzz
Yeah, that one sounds good. I’ve been eyeing a few of his crosses, probably gonna buy a couple packs in the next few days. It’s been like three or four years since I’ve purchased any beans, pretty excited about it haha.

Yeah, that one sounds good. I’ve been eyeing a few of his crosses, probably gonna buy a couple packs in the next few days. It’s been like three or four years since I’ve purchased any beans, pretty excited about it haha.
Which cultivars are you looking to purchase and where, if you do not mind the inquiry? I'm excited for you. I was looking into the Black Triangle before I made my purchase, but I didn't end up picking it up. I did start some pure '88 G-13/HP a couple of weeks ago though, so I am excited about that. Positive vibes...

~nugzz

Which cultivars are you looking to purchase and where, if you do not mind the inquiry? I'm excited for you. I was looking into the Black Triangle before I made my purchase, but I didn't end up picking it up. I did start some pure '88 G-13/HP a couple of weeks ago though, so I am excited about that. Positive vibes...

~nugzz
Yeah, before anything else, I need to correct something. Golden Triangle is Triangle Kush crossed with Appalachia. Not The White/Appalachia. I dunno how my dumb ass got it in my head that it was The White/Appalachia. So my tester is Triangle Kush crossed with Appalachia and then crossed with the 88G13HP, not The White. And I’m gonna reiterate that in all caps next time I post pics haha.

Anyway, I just ordered the beans I had my eye on. Appalachia Super Skunk and Time Bandit. I really think that anything B crossed with the Appalachia male turns out really well. And the Massachusetts Super Skunk really needs no introduction... I dunno. It sounds like a good cross to me. I’m for sure gonna f2 those. And Time Bandit also sounds good. I really love that White Fire, haven’t come across any in like six years (but I haven’t really been looking, either). I’m gonna f2 those, as well.

I ordered from Attitude, just because they were the only place that had the Appalachian Super Skunk beans. They were available two weeks ago on James Bean for like one minute, gone before I could order them. Fingers crossed re: Attitude. The whole ordering process was weird, got redirected to some payment site that was in Italian (despite the fact that I chose the “English” option), looks like my card was charged twice. Trying to deal with that right now. If it doesn’t get dealt with and I get two packs of each, I guess I’ll accept it haha....

And just FYI, if you have the funds, get that Black Triangle. I’m super-impressed with the nugs on my Golden Triangle/GHash tester. Just fucking rock-hard. Really, really dense. I’ve noticed myself kind of pining for old dispensary weed strains from like ten years ago. It was actually a tough choice between the Time Bandit and Bodhi’s Devil’s Hashplant (Diablo OG x 88G13HP). Remember Diablo? I love that one. But I love the WiFi more haha. Still, if I come up with the money, I’m definitely gonna get a pack of the Diablo cross and f2 those as well.

Post pics of your straight 88G13HP grow here. Or start a thread. Or both.

Okay, first and foremost, I hope everybody is staying at home and doing their best to avoid this Covid-19 shit. What a horrible situation. Couldn't have been handled any worse by fat Donald. "Hey, let's pretend this thing isn't happening for two months while infected people come into contact with dozens of people every day and then when we realize how bad it is, we'll tell everybody we're doing a great job dealing with it!" Fucking moron....

I also need to correct myself. Somewhere I got it in my head that Golden Triangle is The White x Appalachia. It's not. It's Triangle Kush x Appalachia. I dunno how my dumb ass got it confused, considering the word TRIANGLE is in Golden Triangle. So yeah, it's Triangle Kush, not The White, crossed with Appalachia.

Anyway, so I took these pics last night, day 50 of flower. Here's the aforementioned Golden Triangle/88G13HP:

Golden Triangle:88G13HP day 50 full.JPG

She's fading pretty fast and I think I'm gonna chop her down on day 56. I usually just go by pistils, very rarely do I bust out my loupe and look at the trichomes, but I'm probably gonna do that for these plants, just because they all seem to be finishing much faster than I anticipated. Also, check out the fungus gnats on that sticky trap. Gross. Watered twice with nematodes and the gnats are gone gone gone, but not before they did some pretty serious damage to all of my plants, as you'll see from the pics.

And here are some closeups of the Golden Triangle/88G13HP:
Golden Triangle:88G13HP day 50 closeup2.JPG

Golden Triangle:88G13HP day 50 closeup1.JPG

Golden Triangle:88G13HP day 50 closeup.JPG

Still not much of a smell coming off of her. I gave her a squeeze last night and smelled my fingers (haha....), but she was the last plant I watered and I had already squeezed the nugs on a few of the other plants, so my fingers already had Silver Mountain and Smart Move all over them. Those plants STINK, so it doesn't surprise me that I wasn't able to pick up much of anything off of the Golden Triangle tester.

And here's the Larry Lotus #1:
Larry Lotus #1 day 50 full.JPG

Larry Lotus #1 day 50 closeup1.JPG

Larry Lotus #1 day 50 closeup.JPG

And the Larry Lotus #2:
Larry Lotus #2 day 50 full.JPG

Larry Lotus #2 day 50 closeup1.JPG

Larry Lotus #2 day 50 closeup2.JPG

Larry Lotus #2 day 50 closeup.JPG

Not too much of a smell coming off of either of these, either, but I seem to recall from the last time that I grew this one that it took a decent amount of time in jars for the buds to get really good and stinky. I remember being a little disappointed at first just because I really love the way Larry smells and tastes, but after about six weeks in jars, that stereotypical Larry nose and taste really came through.

Anyway, here's the Smart Move (Genius Thai/OMG) #1:
Genius Thia:OMG #1 day 50 full.JPG

She's had those weird sagging leaves for a while now. I dunno if that's some kind of damage from the fungus gnats manifesting itself or if that's a genetic trait. It does kind of remind me of pictures I've seen of old-school Thai plants, but I suspect it's not that. Pretty sure it's those fucking fungus gnats.

Closeups:
Genius Thai:OMG #1 day 50 closeup.JPG
Genius Thai:OMG #1 day 50 closeup1.JPG
Genius Thai:OMG #1 day 50 closeup2.JPG

She's also looking like she's gonna finish up pretty soon, which wouldn't surprise me considering the Apollo 11 in this cross. I'm gonna take a closer look at her the same time I look at the Golden Triangle/GHash tester and decide just how long I wanna let her go. But oh my gawd, the smells coming off of her are friggin' INSANE. She smells even better than straight Apollo 11, which is pretty gawddamn tasty-smelling itself. As soon as I opened the tent last night, I could smell her over everything else. Apollo 11 usually has that "rotting pineapple" thing going on, but this one is some other tropical fruit that I can't put my finger on. Might be kiwi or papaya? It's hard to tell. It also seemed like there was a good amount of artificial coconut in there, too, which'd be a first for me. Never had weed that smelled like coconut before, but there was something going on smelling her last night that kept making me think of the beach and then I finally realized that what I was smelling was full-on tanning lotion haha. Sounds gross, but it definitely is not gross.

Here's the Smart Move #3:
Genius Thai:OMG #3 day 50 full.JPG

I was wrong when I sad the Larry Lotuses were the shortest plants in the tent. It's this one for sure. She barely stretched at all but man, those colas are just getting fatter and fatter and really starting to thicken up and fill out, too. Very Impressive. This would be the perfect pheno for a SOG grow, if you're into that sorta thing.
Genius Thai:OMG #3 day 50 top.JPG

Genius Thai:OMG #3 day 50 closeup1.JPG
Genius Thai:OMG #3 day 50 closeup.JPG
Genius Thai:OMG #3 day 50 lower nug.JPG

She's growing these big, chunky buds that I really love. Pretty excited to try this one out once she's dried and cured. She also, just a few days ago, had a fairly large amount of white pistils and I was expecting her to go 70 days or so, but it seems like they've turned pretty quickly and will probably be done closer to nine weeks than ten.

Okay, reached my pic limit, I'll continue with the Silver Mountains in the next post.

Alright, here's the Silver Mountain #2:
Silver Mountain #2 day 50 full.JPG
Silver Mountain #2 day 50 branch.JPG
Silver Mountain #2 day 50 lower nug.JPG
Silver Mountain #2 day 50 closeup.JPG
Silver Mountain #2 day 50 closeup2.JPG

Looking at those closeups, she also looks like she might be done relatively soon, but there's no way she's an eight week strain. I dunno. Like I said, I'll bust out the loupe. But it really does seem like those malted barley powder top-dresses are speeding these plants along for sure.

Here's the Silver Mountain #4:
Silver Mountain #4 day 50 full.JPG

Obviously, she is just plain unruly. I've had to tie her down a few times and I really wanna stake her as well and get those branches sticking up straight, but I don't have any stakes right now (used my last one on the Silver Mountain #5 a couple days ago) and I really don't wanna go anywhere to buy some (social distancing!!!! Haha). I looked into ordering some from Amazon but 1. Fuck Jeff Bezos. I don't wanna give him any of my money if I don't have to. And 2. It said it would take like ten days for the stakes to get here. I figure by then, these plants'll pretty much finished, so I guess I'm just gonna leave them be.

Silver Mountain #4 closeups:

Silver Mountain #4 day 50 closeup2.JPG
Silver Mountain #4 day 50 lower nug.JPG
Silver Mountain #4 day 50 closeup1.JPG
Silver Mountain #4 day 50 lower nug.JPG

Aaaand the Silver Mountain #5:
Silver Mountain #5 day 50 full.JPG

She's got that sagging leaf thing going on that that one Smart Move has, too, which is why I think this is some kind of fungus gnat damage and not a genetic thing. She's also got the fattest buds of all three Silver Mountains. I had to stake and tie one of her branches the other day. It's obvious she has a lot of Appalachia in her, which is fine by me. Really reminds me a lot of the Prayer Towers I grew a few years back.

#5 closeups:
Silver Mountain #5 day 50 cola1.JPG

Silver Mountain #5 day 50 cola.JPG
Silver Mountain #5 day 50 closeup3.JPG
Silver Mountain #5 day 50 closeup1.JPG

So, yeah, thing are coming along. I've reached that point in the grow where things are getting close to being done and I'm getting ever-so-slightly impatient haha. Definitely ready to start sampling these bitches....

Yeah, like I said, I have 10 million nematodes on the way, supposed to arrive today or tomorrow. I dunno what the deal is, but my last three grows, I’ve gotten fungus gnats. I usually take care of it the first time I see a single gnat and they go away after two applications of the nematodes and a diatomaceous earth topdress, but I’m broke right now and had to wait five days or so before I could afford to buy the nematodes.

Not working sucks..... haha!

I’m not too worried about them. Once I water in the ‘todes, they usually go away pretty quickly.
Did your ten million nemotodes get rid of the flying gnats problem? Ive never had good luck with any kind of predatory mites,ladybugs,todes ect ect. Hoping to hear they worked for you.

Did your ten million nemotodes get rid of the flying gnats problem? Ive never had good luck with any kind of predatory mites,ladybugs,todes ect ect. Hoping to hear they worked for you.
Yeah, they did. They always do. I watered with one pack of five million, watered with plain water three days after and then watered in the other five million two days after that and top-dressed with the last of my diatomaceous earth. Two days later they were all gone. It’s pretty easy and really, really fucking frustrating because I never used to get them, but I have my last three grows, although never as bad as they were this time. I started getting them when we moved into our new house and the only thing I can think of why I started getting them when we moved is because I have to keep my tent door open in our new house when the light’s on. Last place we lived was set up perfectly and I never had to open the tent door except to water and shit. The new room doesn’t have as good airflow and it gets too hot in the tent with the door shut during lights on.

It’s either that or the fact that I switched over to Bu’s blend compost when we moved. I used to use Agrowin EWC for the humus third of my soil mix and for the top dress when I transplanted to my flowering containers, but it’s become a total pain in the ass to get the Agrowin, so now I use the Bu’s. I’ve never heard of anybody else having a similar problem with Bu’s, but it’s the only thing I can think of. Weird....

Check this out. This is growing in the planter in my backyard. Noticed it when it was just a seedling back in January and now it’s thriving. I have no idea how it got there (I didn’t plant it, that’s for sure) and ordinarily I wouldn’t even mention it, BUT I gave it a stem rub and it smells EXACTLY like green curry. I’m not the greatest at identifying smells, flavors etc, but I immediately recognized the green curry smell after a stem-rub.

When I smelled it, I recalled Bodhi, years ago, talking about a Green Curry OG. Looked it up. He used it in his Cheech Wizard cross. Anybody know anything about that? Any experience growing it?

I’m thinking about cloning this bitch....

I planted a Mendo Purps/SSDD tester in that planter last year, a male. But it never flowered or anything. I have to think that that’s where this plant came from. Either that or maybe I just took some selfed seed and put it in the dirt last year and I don’t remember. I dunno. Still, that shit really does smell just like green curry.
I wanna do something with this plant.... haha.