Bodhi Tester Golden Triangle/88G13HP, plus Silver Mountain, Larry Lotus and Smart Move (Genius Thai x OMG)

• Thread starter Minitiger
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Minitiger

Minitiger

A branch snapped off of the Silver Mountain #4. Got it drying right now, eagerly anticipating blazing it. Smells exactly like burnt rubber and green apples. Mostly burnt rubber, though. I dig it....
957C751A-0A97-4200-8801-493D02031004.jpeg

stanknugzz77

stanknugzz77

A branch snapped off of the Silver Mountain #4. Got it drying right now, eagerly anticipating blazing it. Smells exactly like burnt rubber and green apples. Mostly burnt rubber, though. I dig it....
View attachment 954241
It is odd to me that the Silver Mountain smells of burnt rubber. That cultivar is SSH x Appalachia, right? The '88 G-13/HP is pretty infamous for smelling like burnt rubber. I have found countless phenotypes that exhibit this trait in the pure GHash. I absolutely love that smell. It is just humorous to me that Bodhi uses the '88 G-13/HP in so many of his cultivars, but a trait that it is known for exhibits itself in a cultivar that doesn't even have it in the parentage. That is pretty awesome on the volunteer plant smelling like green curry as well. I would definitely take cuttings of it, if I were you. That's a cute pup as well haha. Positive vibes...

~nugzz

Minitiger

Minitiger

It is odd to me that the Silver Mountain smells of burnt rubber. That cultivar is SSH x Appalachia, right? The '88 G-13/HP is pretty infamous for smelling like burnt rubber. I have found countless phenotypes that exhibit this trait in the pure GHash. I absolutely love that smell. It is just humorous to me that Bodhi uses the '88 G-13/HP in so many of his cultivars, but a trait that it is known for exhibits itself in a cultivar that doesn't even have it in the parentage. That is pretty awesome on the volunteer plant smelling like green curry as well. I would definitely take cuttings of it, if I were you. That's a cute pup as well haha. Positive vibes...

~nugzz

I think it’s the Appalachia that’s bringing the burnt rubber smell. Although every other hybrid of Bodhi’s that I’ve grown that utilized the Appalachia male didn’t have that burnt rubber nose. Usually they smell “juicy.” I can’t think of any other word to describe it. “Juicy” is always the first word that pops into my head haha. Still, there is some Chem in that Appalachia, so I’m not too surprised by the burnt rubber smell I’m getting from those Silver Mountain nugs.

Burnt rubber burnt rubber burnt rubber..... Hahaha!!! Say it ten times fast.

The only 88G13HP hybrid I’ve grown was the Clusterfunk and there wasn’t any burnt rubber smell at all. Those plants smelled exactly like garlic, onions and body odor. Really, really nasty. Tasted like pine trees, though. I thought it was pretty cool, because I’d smell those nugs and be like,”Gross....” and then I’d smoke them and be like,”This is delicious!” haha.

Re: the pup: my grow log wouldn’t be complete without at least one picture of my dogs. I’m super-curious about that plant, though. It really does smell just like green curry. It’s showing some female pre-flowers, too. I suck at cloning, but I’m gonna do my best to get some cuttings to root....

Kyfarmerb

Kyfarmerb

Your girls r looking great bro.they will start packing on the weight now.i think that silver will turn some pink hues if u can bring down the night temps to 63 or so for a few nights.bur yeah looking very good bro.

stanknugzz77

stanknugzz77

@stanknugzz77 It’s like he grabbed everything he’s ever read about growing weed and packed it all into one post. “Flowers are gonna pack on the weight. They might Purple up if you lower the temps.....” I’m just waiting for him to say,”Terps terps terps....”
Don't be mad because homie came into your own thread and straight schooled you on how to grow cannabis with just one post. I mean, just look at your pictures. They are all so fucking beautiful and your threads are so thorough and detailed and... wait just a minute. Positive vibes...

~nugzz

Minitiger

Minitiger

My mom died yesterday. And today one of my nieces was diagnosed with flu. Mom had lung cancer. Niece was spending a semester abroad in Spain and my sister went over there to bring her home after trump’s dumb ass said people who were in Europe couldn’t come back to the US anymore. Which means my sister probably has flu, too, since she was in Spain a couple weeks ago.

Fuck this world.

All of this is a long way for me to say that this grow log may fizzle out a bit. I’m gonna try to keep it going but I’m fucking devastated about my mom. She was fucking awesome. Smartest, funniest person I’ve ever known.

Fuck that, I’m gonna finish this log. I hate when people’s grow logs end without the final results. So, yeah, I’ll finish this shit. Still, though, my mom..... flu.... fuck all that. Fuck fat Donald trump. And fuck Joe Biden, too.

Terpz719

Terpz719

My mom died yesterday. And today one of my nieces was diagnosed with flu. Mom had lung cancer. Niece was spending a semester abroad in Spain and my sister went over there to bring her home after trump’s dumb ass said people who were in Europe couldn’t come back to the US anymore. Which means my sister probably has flu, too, since she was in Spain a couple weeks ago.

Fuck this world.

All of this is a long way for me to say that this grow log may fizzle out a bit. I’m gonna try to keep it going but I’m fucking devastated about my mom. She was fucking awesome. Smartest, funniest person I’ve ever known.

Fuck that, I’m gonna finish this log. I hate when people’s grow logs end without the final results. So, yeah, I’ll finish this shit. Still, though, my mom..... flu.... fuck all that. Fuck fat Donald trump. And fuck Joe Biden, too.
That truly sucks dude. I'm sorry for your loss. My mom went the same way. Best of luck with your sister and niece. I concur with your political observations.

stanknugzz77

stanknugzz77

Fuck this world.

I'm truly sorry for your loss brother. I know that you are grieving and it is easy to adopt a "fuck everything" attitude when a person so close to you dies, especially if that person helped to shape who you are today. You have to make the conscious decision to live your best life, to honor your mother. I'm sure that is what she would have wanted, as that is what all great mothers want. In regards to flu, try to stay positive, as it is not as much of a death sentence as a lot of people are perceiving it as, especially with younger people and when it is detected in the early stages. As for the grow log, much appreciated for still doing your best to continue with it, but I am sure that no one will fault you if it all gets to be too much. We have all been there at some point in our lives. Please feel free to reach out if you need anything at all. Even if you just need to vent a little bit with a few "fuck this, fuck that, fuck everything". Keep your head up brother. Positive vibes...

~nugzz

Minitiger

Minitiger

I'm truly sorry for your loss brother. I know that you are grieving and it is easy to adopt a "fuck everything" attitude when a person so close to you dies, especially if that person helped to shape who you are today. You have to make the conscious decision to live your best life, to honor your mother. I'm sure that is what she would have wanted, as that is what all great mothers want. In regards to flu, try to stay positive, as it is not as much of a death sentence as a lot of people are perceiving it as, especially with younger people and when it is detected in the early stages. As for the grow log, much appreciated for still doing your best to continue with it, but I am sure that no one will fault you if it all gets to be too much. We have all been there at some point in our lives. Please feel free to reach out if you need anything at all. Even if you just need to vent a little bit with a few "fuck this, fuck that, fuck everything". Keep your head up brother. Positive vibes...

~nugzz

Yes. Positive vibes. Although I am fully like,”Fuck this, fuck that, fuck everything....”right now. You nailed it haha. Pssshhhhhh.... I dunno. Positive vibes positive vibes positive vibes..... Just rolled a j of that burnt-rubber green apple Silver Mountain. Gonna blaze it in a second, maybe. Positive vibes positive vibes positive vibes. Trying to get it together.

stanknugzz77

stanknugzz77

Yes. Positive vibes. Although I am fully like,”Fuck this, fuck that, fuck everything....”right now. You nailed it haha. Pssshhhhhh.... I dunno. Positive vibes positive vibes positive vibes..... Just rolled a j of that burnt-rubber green apple Silver Mountain. Gonna blaze it in a second, maybe. Positive vibes positive vibes positive vibes. Trying to get it together.
Above all else, just remember that your flowers "will start packing on the weight now.i think that silver will turn some pink hues if u can bring down the night temps to 63 or so for a few nights.bur yeah". Never forget that brother. I like to leave that "bur yeah" part haha. I feel like he most likely meant "but yeah", but it is way more funny for me to think about him referencing bringing the temperatures down to 63f and then being like, "brrr yeah thass cold" haha. Positive vibes...

~nugzz

Minitiger

Minitiger

Okay, so I hope everybody's still staying inside and keeping healthy and positive. We've (my GF and I) been quarantined for I think seventeen days now and neither of us has had any flu symptoms. Luckily, we have a backyard to hang out in. I feel for everybody who lives in apartments, man. I keep thinking of my little studio apartment in Los Feliz that I lived in until I moved in with my girl six years ago. Or any of my apartments, really. Except for the one in Koreatown that I lived in years and years ago, which was huge and bright and airy haha. But holy shit, I'd be going fucking apeshit if I had to stay in an apartment for a month or more (at least), which is what it looks like everybody's going to have to do.

I do think that we growers are uniquely predispositioned to this sort of "quarantine life." Most of us, anyway. I know that I rarely leave the house even under normal conditions, except to go to the grocery store or the liquor store. Maybe we might have to go to a birthday party every now and then or a show or something, but for the most part, my girlfriend and I stay at home all the time anyway. And I always have to be home every day at 8am and every night at 9pm anyway, to close and open the tent door and just make sure everything's going okay.

In other words, we're hermits haha. But if I was single? Oh. My. Gawd. This would suck. So yeah, I really, really feel for all of you single apartment dwellers. And everybody else, too, obviously.

Anyway, I chopped the Silver Mountain #4 on March 29, at day 58 of flower. I really wanted to let her go at least a week longer, if not two, but she was flopping around all over the place and branches were snapping and shit. And since I couldn't go and get any stakes, I decided to chop her down. I should note that I got extraordinarily drunk for four or five days after I found out my mom died, which may have clouded my judgment a little, but I don't think so. She had to come down.

Speaking of drunk, here's the first picture I tried to take of her before I chopped her down:

Silver Mountain #4 day 58 chop1.JPG

Haha.... I hadn't looked at any of these until this morning when I went to label them and that was the first one I took. I was like,"Yeeeshhhh...." There were a LOT that looked like that.

These are the only decent ones I got:
Silver Mountain #4 day 58 chop.JPG

Silver Mountain #4 day 58 chop2.JPG

Silver Mountain #4 day 58 chop3.JPG
Silver Mountain #4 day 58 chop4.JPG

Trimmed and jarred her two days ago. Post-dry but pre-jar, I only got 57 grams. Not good. But I expected her yields to be on the light side just because I chopped her so early. And also, she looked like she was gonna be the lightest yielder of the bunch pretty much from the start. I'd imagine that after sitting in the jars for a month or so with those Bovedas, she'll probably add a few grams. Whatever. I'm really not too worried about it, especially since the other Silver Mountains look like they're gonna be double that.

I chopped the Golden Triangle/88G13HP tester on April 1, day 60 of flower. Here she is:
Golden Triangle:88G13HP day 60 chop.JPG

Golden Triangle:88G13HP day 60 chop2.JPG

Golden Triangle:88G13HP day 60 chop5.JPG
Golden Triangle:88G13HP day 60 chop1.JPG

I know I keep saying this, but the nugs on her are ridiculously dense. She's still hanging right now, drying her as slowly as possible. Conditions in LA are pretty perfect for drying right now (for once), plus I added two more plants to the drying tent two days after chopping her, which slows the drying process even more. Checked her stems this morning and she's still got at least two days left before I can start trimming. Which is fine. I'm actually looking forward to trimming for once, just because of this quarantine shit. "Yay! I've got something to do!"

So, yeah, like I mentioned, I chopped two more plants on April 3, day 63 of flower. Here's the Smart Move #3 aka Genius Thai/OMG:
Genius Thai:OMG #3 day 63 chop1.JPG

I wasn't planning on chopping her, wanted to let her go until at least day 65 or 68, but I watered her right before I took this pic and fungus gnats just ERUPTED out of the soil. They weren't flying, they were just crawling all over the mulch. Dozens and dozens of them. They were everywhere. I have no idea what happened, haven't noticed a single gnat in a while, but clearly the nematodes and diatomaceous earth didn't work. I usually recycle my soil, but after I chopped her, I took the pot out and dumped it all into the green trashcan that the city gives you for lawn clippings and shit in disgust. I really, really hope the same thing doesn't happen with the four remaining plants when I water tonight. And it's definitely that Bu's Blend. I'm not saying it comes with gnats, I just think gnats are super-attracted to it (duh. It's compost). We've got a big rain coming to SoCal, supposed to rain for the next five days, so this morning I took the half bag of that Bu's Blend I had sitting in the garage and started scattering it around the base of my peach tree, just to get it a little top dress before it starts producing fruit in a couple months and lo and behold, what'd I see but the same fuckers, crawling all over the compost. So I'm done with the Bu's. I know a lot of people swear by it, but whenever it is that I end up mixing a new batch of soil, I'll be using Agrowinn EWC. Never had any issues with that.

Anyway, sorry for the rant. Here are some closeups:

Genius Thai:OMG #3 day 63 chop2.JPG

Genius Thai:OMG #3 day 63 chop3.JPG
Genius Thai:OMG #3 day 63 chop4.JPG

Genius Thai:OMG #3 day 63 chop7.JPG
Genius Thai:OMG #3 day 63 chop6.JPG

I really love this plant and wish that I had taken clones of her (not that I ever take clones, just sayin'....). She's just so different from anything I've ever grown before. Like I've mentioned, I usually grow Sativa-dominant hybrids, ones that have less-dense buds and they usually stretch at least SOME. This one had zero stretch at all and look at those fat, chunky flowers. I can't wait to try this one....

And here's the Larry Lotus #1:
Larry Lotus #1 day 63 chop1.JPG

I wasn't planning on chopping her down, either, but I got in the room and started watering and when I got to her, I dunno, it just felt like it was time. She also has super-rock hard nugs that I was noticing even on the lower branches as my arm brushed up against them when I watered, so I just figured,"Yeah, let's cut her down, too." And I have that other Larry Lotus which looks identical to this one, so I'll let her go a few more days and will compare smoke. Or whatever.

Closeups:
Larry Lotus #1 day 63 chop6.JPG

Larry Lotus #1 day 63 chop5.JPG
Larry Lotus #1 day 63 chop7.JPG
Larry Lotus #1 day 63 chop3.JPG

So that's that. Still got the other four plants growing (Silver Mountains #2 and #5, the other LL and the other Smart Move), not too sure how much longer I'm gonna let them go. One of the Silver Mountains (remind me to never again start a grow log with strains that have the same initials, it'd be so much easier to just type "SM" and not have to differentiate between the Smart Moves and the Silver Mountains) looks like she has at least a week to go, but maybe not. The others'll probably be coming down sooner than that. At this point it's mostly just a feel thing.

Stay very, very safe, y'all.

Last edited:
stanknugzz77

stanknugzz77

Congratulations on the harvests brother! Everything is looking beautiful! If only you could have brought your nighttime temperatures down to ~63 haha. I truly hope all is as well as can be with you. Why do you not take cuttings? I am always worried that I will come across something that is worth keeping and not be able to grow it again if I do not have cuttings. I also run a perpetual setup and cuts make it a lot easier. My first run of cultivars might not always be that great either, so it is always nice to be able to dial a phenotype's specific needs over time. Whatever suits your growing style the best. I have started some DLA11, Cherry Queen and Chem Kesey from Bodhi. I am still probably most excited about the Chem Kesey. GLG is running a BOGO on Bodhi cultivars right now, with packs going for $60/. I wish they still had the Black Triangle in stock. I shouldn't really be spending money on seeds right now anyway. Positive vibes...

~nugzz

Last edited:
Minitiger

Minitiger

The plants look great. Lots of good stuff curing! I'm so sorry for the loss of your mom. Nobody understands until it happens to them.

Thanks, man. Yeah, my mom’s a pretty big deal. When my dad died a few years back, I dunno, it just wasn’t like this. I wasn’t nearly as close to him as I was to her. She raised me. And we were born thirty years and one day apart. Extremely similar people. I feel okay with it now, as she was really, really sick. I don’t believe in an afterlife or anything, but she did, so hopefully she’s in a better place and all that....

Minitiger

Minitiger

Congratulations on the harvests brother! Everything is looking beautiful! If only you coukd have brought your nighttime temperatures down to ~63 haha. I truly hope all is as well as can be with you. Why do you not take cuttings? I am always worried that I will come across something that is worth keeping and not be able to grow it again if I do not have cuttings. I also run a perpetual setup and cuts make it a lot easier. My first run of cultivars might not always be that great either, so it is always nice to be able to dial a phenotype's specific needs over time. Whatever suits your growing style the best. I have started some DLA11, Cherry Queen and Chem Kesey from Bodhi. I am still probably most excited about the Chem Kesey. GLG is running a BOGO on Bodhi cultivars right now, with packs going for $60/. I wish they still had the Black Triangle in stock. I shouldn't really be spending money on seeds right now anyway. Positive vibes...

~nugzz

I know. It SUCKS I didn’t get my nugs to Purple up.....

I saw that sale at GLG, but I’m all out of cash until I get that stimulus check. I won’t hold my breath on that (is it possible to hold your breath for four months?). And anyway, I have plenty of seeds and those two packs on the way, so I’m good.

I dunno why I don’t take clones. I’m all set up for it, have a veg light and another tent (that’s the tent I use to dry in, just a little 3 x 3). I think it’s because I’m just a typical American, always looking for the next thing rather than enjoying what I have. If I wanted to do some breeding, I’d probably be more motivated to take clones and stuff, but like I said, I have all those seeds already and it seems like I just always want to get on to them. I don’t wanna be one of those assholes sitting on like hundreds and thousands of seed packs haha....

Stoked you popped those seeds. Is that Cherry Queen the Fat Cherry crossed with OMG? I can’t remember offhand. I know you saw that thread on icmag, but man, I am just so impressed with that OMG male Bodhi used.

That Chem Kesey sounds real good, too. Post some pics here if you want. Or start a grow log. START A GROW LOG haha. The only reason I do logs, actually, is to get some info out there about all of these crosses of Bodhi’s. There’s just not enough info out there about them at all. I know I always appreciate it when I’m looking at his crosses for sale and can reference somebody’s log to have an idea of what to expect, how it turned out, whether I should purchase the seeds (not that I’ve bought any seeds recently) etc etc. Ya know?

stanknugzz77

stanknugzz77

I know. It SUCKS I didn’t get my nugs to Purple up.....

I saw that sale at GLG, but I’m all out of cash until I get that stimulus check. I won’t hold my breath on that (is it possible to hold your breath for four months?). And anyway, I have plenty of seeds and those two packs on the way, so I’m good.

I dunno why I don’t take clones. I’m all set up for it, have a veg light and another tent (that’s the tent I use to dry in, just a little 3 x 3). I think it’s because I’m just a typical American, always looking for the next thing rather than enjoying what I have. If I wanted to do some breeding, I’d probably be more motivated to take clones and stuff, but like I said, I have all those seeds already and it seems like I just always want to get on to them. I don’t wanna be one of those assholes sitting on like hundreds and thousands of seed packs haha....

Stoked you popped those seeds. Is that Cherry Queen the Fat Cherry crossed with OMG? I can’t remember offhand. I know you saw that thread on icmag, but man, I am just so impressed with that OMG male Bodhi used.

That Chem Kesey sounds real good, too. Post some pics here if you want. Or start a grow log. START A GROW LOG haha. The only reason I do logs, actually, is to get some info out there about all of these crosses of Bodhi’s. There’s just not enough info out there about them at all. I know I always appreciate it when I’m looking at his crosses for sale and can reference somebody’s log to have an idea of what to expect, how it turned out, whether I should purchase the seeds (not that I’ve bought any seeds recently) etc etc. Ya know?
You can do anything that you set your mind to. Start holding your breath and I will time you. The Cherry Queen is Fat Cherry x OMG. I might start a log at some point. I just don't normally have too much free time to keep up with a grow log. I also don't have a decent camera really and all of my pictures look like a blurry bag of dicks haha. I may start a grow log just to keep up with all of my work, but we shall see. I don't have any breeders sending me testers or paying me to test their work anymore, so I don't feel too obligated in that regard. Maybe one day in the future I will start an all inclusive log though. Positive vibes...

~nugzz

Minitiger

Minitiger

You can do anything that you set your mind to. Start holding your breath and I will time you. The Cherry Queen is Fat Cherry x OMG. I might start a log at some point. I just don't normally have too much free time to keep up with a grow log. I also don't have a decent camera really and all of my pictures look like a blurry bag of dicks haha. I may start a grow log just to keep up with all of my work, but we shall see. I don't have any breeders sending me testers or paying me to test their work anymore, so I don't feel too obligated in that regard. Maybe one day in the future I will start an all inclusive log though. Positive vibes...

~nugzz

Yeah, even just pictures of finished plants and a few notes are good. Just something to get that info out there. I mean, I wasn’t really super on top of this one, either. How many times did I post flower pics. Three times? Or four? I just want to get the info out.

Chopped the other Smart Move and the other Larry Lotus last night. They were infested with fungus gnats as well. So. Fucking. Irritating. The other two Silver Mountains are, too, but I don’t have any room in my drying tent right now. I had to take down the drying Golden Triangle/GHash tester and put her in a paper bag last night just to make room for the new plants.

I’m probably gonna chop the other Silver Mountains tonight, just because I don’t like the idea of them sitting in that soil with a shitload of fungus gnats doing their thing. Figure out a spot for them to dry, I guess.... haha.

These are good problems, these are good problems...

stanknugzz77

stanknugzz77

Yeah, even just pictures of finished plants and a few notes are good. Just something to get that info out there. I mean, I wasn’t really super on top of this one, either. How many times did I post flower pics. Three times? Or four? I just want to get the info out.

Chopped the other Smart Move and the other Larry Lotus last night. They were infested with fungus gnats as well. So. Fucking. Irritating. The other two Silver Mountains are, too, but I don’t have any room in my drying tent right now. I had to take down the drying Golden Triangle/GHash tester and put her in a paper bag last night just to make room for the new plants.

I’m probably gonna chop the other Silver Mountains tonight, just because I don’t like the idea of them sitting in that soil with a shitload of fungus gnats doing their thing. Figure out a spot for them to dry, I guess.... haha.

These are good problems, these are good problems...
The homie @sshz recommended Mosquito Bits in his thread for dealing with fungus gnats. I have never had too much of an infestation of them, but maybe he can fill you in on utilizing that product a little more. I haven't ever had anything more than what a little diatomaceous earth could clear up. I see a mature fungus gnat every once in a while, but not too often. I wish you the best in combating them! Positive vibes...

~nugzz

Top Bottom