Bodhi The Fuzz And Clusterfunk, Rare Dankness Tangerine Kush, Kos El Jefe Thai

• Thread starter Minitiger
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Leew421

Leew421

Just looks like progression. Your leafs will not stay a solid green the whole time. In flower you don't need much N, hence why the lighten up in flower. I would call it good. If it was a problem you would see it more mobile

Minitiger

Minitiger

Keep in mind I'm new to growing but they look hungry and N deficient. Possible lockout? Have you flushed with some tea? All that said, they still look frosty and dank brotha!

It's probably an N deficiency, considering the extra-long veg this time around. Ordinarily, these would've been flowered thirty days earlier (day 60) than they were (day 90). Although I will say that my plants hardly ever fade, unless they're a super-N hog like the Tree of Lifes I grew last year. Those faded big-time, but I usually harvest plants with quite a bit of green leaves still on them. There might be a yellow, crispy leaf here or there, but nothing like this and especially not this early. We'll see what happens. It's always a learning process; nobody knows everything, especially not me haha.

I did top-dress with a little fish meal about a week ago, maybe ten days ago, but that's as far as I'm gonna go with trying to "fix" the problem. I don't want my flowers burning hot and nasty after I harvest and I definitely don't want to give them a six-month cure to get that N outta the flowers. I mean, I usually cure for about a month before I even crack a jar and then I stick with that same jar until it's empty so the rest of the jars continue to get a nice long cure. In fact, I just cracked my last jar of the Goji #3 I ran last round a couple of days ago and it is unbeLIEVABLY tasty. Much better than the other jars, although those tasted really good, too. But yeah, I don't want to give them any more N at this point.

Not sure what you meant by if I flushed them with a tea. Like an AACT? Or some kind of high-N nutrient tea?

Minitiger

Minitiger

Just looks like progression. Your leafs will not stay a solid green the whole time. In flower you don't need much N, hence why the lighten up in flower. I would call it good. If it was a problem you would see it more mobile

Like I said in my reply to @incogneato , my plants don't really "progress" like that, unless I'm growing a super-Nitrogen hog strain. My plants are always pretty green when I chop, maybe a yellow leaf here and there, but nothing like what you see with a lot of people's grows (or this particular grow, for that matter). And I do think it's mobile, that's why I was concerned. It's not a yellowing-up from bottom to top like a normal progression exhibits. This is kind of all over the place; even some of the bigger fan leaves at the top of some of the plants are yellowing up, while the leaves below are green. Again, we'll see what happens. These plants were vegged for a really long time, ninety days (bought a house, didn't want to initiate flower until we moved in, for obvious reasons, I think ((didn't want to be moving around four or five foot tall stinky, stinky plants))), so I'm not too surprised by what's going on right now. Just a little concerned. I think it's gonna affect the yields. Hopefully it won't be too much of a decrease, though.

Here's a Clusterfunk I grew about a year and a half ago on chop day, which I believe was about day 65, maybe day 68, somewhere around there. You can see that it has about the same amount of yellow as the Clusterfunk I'm growing now, which is about a month into flower.

Clusterfunk full plant shot

Here's a Goldstar, same grow, chopped around day 70:

Goldstar f4 full plant late flower

That Goldstar was fucking TASTY, too.

And just for the fuck of it, here's one of them Nitrogen hogs I was talking about. Tree of Life, which took 12 weeks. This picture wasn't even taken on chop day, I think it was taken about two or three weeks before.

Tree of Life fade

Okay, found a pic of one of the Tree of Lifes the day I chopped. Those smoked real tasty, too.

Tree of Life4 multiple colas chop

Anyways, like I said, we'll see....

incogneato

incogneato

It's probably an N deficiency, considering the extra-long veg this time around. Ordinarily, these would've been flowered thirty days earlier (day 60) than they were (day 90). Although I will say that my plants hardly ever fade, unless they're a super-N hog like the Tree of Lifes I grew last year. Those faded big-time, but I usually harvest plants with quite a bit of green leaves still on them. There might be a yellow, crispy leaf here or there, but nothing like this and especially not this early. We'll see what happens. It's always a learning process; nobody knows everything, especially not me haha.

I did top-dress with a little fish meal about a week ago, maybe ten days ago, but that's as far as I'm gonna go with trying to "fix" the problem. I don't want my flowers burning hot and nasty after I harvest and I definitely don't want to give them a six-month cure to get that N outta the flowers. I mean, I usually cure for about a month before I even crack a jar and then I stick with that same jar until it's empty so the rest of the jars continue to get a nice long cure. In fact, I just cracked my last jar of the Goji #3 I ran last round a couple of days ago and it is unbeLIEVABLY tasty. Much better than the other jars, although those tasted really good, too. But yeah, I don't want to give them any more N at this point. It really doesnt beed to be tea, just a flush, but the extra boost from the tea is nice. Just my humble suggestion brotha

Not sure what you meant by if I flushed them with a tea. Like an AACT? Or some kind of high-N nutrient tea?
I've had some luck with using a light EWC tea to flush out a lockout issue I had. Its not so much to feed them as it is to flush and get some more beneficial bacteria in there. I agree on not throwing a bunch of N in the mix this late in the game.

Minitiger

Minitiger

I've had some luck with using a light EWC tea to flush out a lockout issue I had. Its not so much to feed them as it is to flush and get some more beneficial bacteria in there. I agree on not throwing a bunch of N in the mix this late in the game.

Do you mean like an EWC slurry or an actual brewed tea? I did water them with a compost tea (Bu's Blend) a little bit ago, after I got my RO filter installed. Thats all I have right now and I am so fucking poor that going and getting some EWC is out of the question right now. I will say that I prefer the EWC I usually use (Agrowin) to the Bu's Blend, both in my ACT's and as the humus component of my soil mix.

I glanced at the plants tonight right before lights off, I may actually add like a teaspoon of fish topdressed tomorrow morning when I water. Maybe even a little more than a teaspoon. They're just fading a little too fast for my liking. Six weeks left to go? That's a while. If it fucks 'em up, it fucks 'em up.

incogneato

incogneato

Do you mean like an EWC slurry or an actual brewed tea? I did water them with a compost tea (Bu's Blend) a little bit ago, after I got my RO filter installed. Thats all I have right now and I am so fucking poor that going and getting some EWC is out of the question right now. I will say that I prefer the EWC I usually use (Agrowin) to the Bu's Blend, both in my ACT's and as the humus component of my soil mix.

I glanced at the plants tonight right before lights off, I may actually add like a teaspoon of fish topdressed tomorrow morning when I water. Maybe even a little more than a teaspoon. They're just fading a little too fast for my liking. Six weeks left to go? That's a while. If it fucks 'em up, it fucks 'em up.
I honestly think you have a lockout so I was recommending a flush. Instead of using plain water I used a light ewc tea just to add the benefit of some microbial life. Again, I feel funny giving advice being such a new grower but this worked for me when I had the same issue. The reason I'm thinking lockout is that you don't just have yellowing, there's the off colored spottyness and it looks mobile as well. If it were me I would flush them with a heavy runoff before adding any top feed or other nutes.

Minitiger

Minitiger

I honestly think you have a lockout so I was recommending a flush. Instead of using plain water I used a light ewc tea just to add the benefit of some microbial life. Again, I feel funny giving advice being such a new grower but this worked for me when I had the same issue. The reason I'm thinking lockout is that you don't just have yellowing, there's the off colored spottyness and it looks mobile as well. If it were me I would flush them with a heavy runoff before adding any top feed or other nutes.

Yeah, I woke up this morning and was like,"I'm not gonna top-dress." I dunno about adding a tea. I suppose I could brew another ACT but one shoulda done it. I agree with the lockout diagnosis, though. I'm just not used to having any issues during my grows, except for Mag lockout, which is easy to fix.

I dunno...

incogneato

incogneato

Yeah, I woke up this morning and was like,"I'm not gonna top-dress." I dunno about adding a tea. I suppose I could brew another ACT but one shoulda done it. I agree with the lockout diagnosis, though. I'm just not used to having any issues during my grows, except for Mag lockout, which is easy to fix.

I dunno...
What about just flushing with plain ro water then?

Minitiger

Minitiger

What about just flushing with plain ro water then?

Well, I mean, that's all I ever use anyway, really. Occasionally, as you know, I'll water with an SST or something, but for the most part it's water-only. And I've been reading for the past two days about lockout/flushing etc. Flushing's recommended for locked-out plants that are being "fed" every watering or every other watering. I don't feed my plants. And just out of curiosity, I checked my water's ph. It's at 6.7, so it's not the water. ph really isn't that important in organic grows anyway, but I figured I might as well check it to see if it's wildly acidic or alkaline, but it's not, so....

What I think is happening (or the reason for the lockout) is my soil mix just isn't balanced anymore, probably due to me recycling my dirt. I do re-amend my mix every other grow, but I know that if the ratios aren't all balanced and at the proper ratios with one another, then shit is gonna happen. I just looked at them again this morning and wanted to cry haha. I dunno if I'm gonna be able to get 'em to the finish line. I'm gonna look around here at the farm to see if there's something I can do to correct lockout in my specific soil mix, because everywhere I've looked online, the people posting are using, like, FFOF or some other weird soil mix. I need to see what people do to fix lockout using Coots mix, haven't been able to find anything about that anywhere yet.

I may try the flushing thing tomorrow when I water. Probably not a full-on "flush" but maybe an extra quarter-gallon (maybe a little more than that) per plant. They usually get about three-quarters of a gallon per plant, so maybe if up that to a little more than a gallon per plant, that'll help. I dunno. Plants look like SHIT right now, though, really kind of regretting even documenting this grow haha.

incogneato

incogneato

Well, I mean, that's all I ever use anyway, really. Occasionally, as you know, I'll water with an SST or something, but for the most part it's water-only. And I've been reading for the past two days about lockout/flushing etc. Flushing's recommended for locked-out plants that are being "fed" every watering or every other watering. I don't feed my plants. And just out of curiosity, I checked my water's ph. It's at 6.7, so it's not the water. ph really isn't that important in organic grows anyway, but I figured I might as well check it to see if it's wildly acidic or alkaline, but it's not, so....

What I think is happening (or the reason for the lockout) is my soil mix just isn't balanced anymore, probably due to me recycling my dirt. I do re-amend my mix every other grow, but I know that if the ratios aren't all balanced and at the proper ratios with one another, then shit is gonna happen. I just looked at them again this morning and wanted to cry haha. I dunno if I'm gonna be able to get 'em to the finish line. I'm gonna look around here at the farm to see if there's something I can do to correct lockout in my specific soil mix, because everywhere I've looked online, the people posting are using, like, FFOF or some other weird soil mix. I need to see what people do to fix lockout using Coots mix, haven't been able to find anything about that anywhere yet.

I may try the flushing thing tomorrow when I water. Probably not a full-on "flush" but maybe an extra quarter-gallon (maybe a little more than that) per plant. They usually get about three-quarters of a gallon per plant, so maybe if up that to a little more than a gallon per plant, that'll help. I dunno. Plants look like SHIT right now, though, really kind of regretting even documenting this grow haha.
I'm no pro bit I do think a flush will help you. There no real downside to flushing if you don't over use it. I like to show muly mistakes in hopes that someone else can learn from them. I can tag a few people that know way more than me if you want?

Minitiger

Minitiger

I'm no pro bit I do think a flush will help you. There no real downside to flushing if you don't over use it. I like to show muly mistakes in hopes that someone else can learn from them. I can tag a few people that know way more than me if you want?

Nah, it's cool. Thanks, though. It's been determined that it's actually late-stage Mag deficiency. I watered with some Epsom salts yesterday morning, hopefully I'll start to see some improvements in the plants' appearance here in the next few days. Fingers crossed.

incogneato

incogneato

Nah, it's cool. Thanks, though. It's been determined that it's actually late-stage Mag deficiency. I watered with some Epsom salts yesterday morning, hopefully I'll start to see some improvements in the plants' appearance here in the next few days. Fingers crossed.
Awesome! Glad you got it figured out.

Minitiger

Minitiger

Okay, another update: Switched to an 11.5/12.5 light schedule on July 4th.

Re: the yellowing-up of the leaves: according to fellow thcfarmer @xenon730 what's going on is late-stage magnesium deficiency, suggested epsom salt (which I watered with two days ago) and top-dressing with some more of my soil mix, which I did today. Hopefully that'll get shit straightened out and the plants will start looking better. I watered today and pulled off some more leaves, but not as many as I had been. Of course, there's not as many leaves to pull off, either, so.... I dunno. We'll see what happens. If things don't start improving within a week, I'll probably switch to an 11/13 light schedule in an effort to get them to finish up more quickly.

Having said that, the flowers themselves look really, really good. Here are some pics:

El Jefe Thai:

IMG 3187

IMG 3190

IMG 3191
IMG 3191

Sorry about the double post and the quality of those pics. I'm not the greatest photographer. The El Jefe looks like it's gonna take the longest out of all the plants. You can see in the pics how it's just nothing but white pistils, nary an orange hair in sight. But that's fine with me, I figured it would probably be the last one to finish.

And here's The Fuzz #1. This one is stinking, but not anything like I expected. It's developed a very sweet, almost bubblegum-y smell to it that I really dig, although, like I said, not what I expected. I'm certain that that'll change over the course of the next month or so, but even if it doesn't, I dig it. She's pretty frosty, too.

IMG 3193

IMG 3196

IMG 3197

IMG 3200

IMG 3201

And here's The Fuzz #4. This one has noticeably thicker buds on it compared to #1. She also smells incredible. I squeezed a nug today when I was watering and it's just a straight nostril-searing, astringent, fuel-y smell explosion. It really, really reminds me of the best batch of Headband that I ever got, back about eight or nine years ago, that was so good and so perfect that I've never purchased Headband from a dispensary again. Really, really strong and pungent and just like a "Whoa!" type of reaction that made me kind of pull my hand back from my nose when I was smelling my fingers today (smell my fingers... haha). It's also extremely sticky. I had to go wash my hands after I squeezed that nug because whatever I touched was sticking to my fingers. High hopes for this one.

IMG 3203

IMG 3206

IMG 3207

IMG 3208

IMG 3209

Okay, @xenon730 Here's the Clusterfunk. I gotta say, she's looking a little worse than she was even two days ago. I really hope those epsom salts do the trick. The buds themselves look great, but I pulled off some pretty gnarly-looking leaves today. Smells good, though. It was hard to get a good read on what exactly I was smelling, just because I still had that Fuzz #4 stinking up my nostrils, but she's coming along. I love the colas on her. Looks like they're gonna be very fat and pretty dense, too.

IMG 3212

IMG 3213

IMG 3216

IMG 3217

IMG 3218

IMG 3220

Okay, I can't upload any more files in this post. I'll continue in the next one.

IMG 3215
Minitiger

Minitiger

Since you asked for it @xenon730 here's some more Clusterfunk:

IMG 3222

IMG 3228

IMG 3229

IMG 3230

And here's the Tangerine Kush. I think she's gonna be second-to-last to finish, but I hope not. Everything I've read about the Tangerine Kush says that if let go beyond 65 days or so, she loses her tangerine smells and flavor, which I don't want to happen (obviously), but at this point, she isn't even looking as far along as the Fuzzes, which I expect to take at least 70 days. Whatever, we'll see. I've had plants that looked like they were gonna take another three or four weeks and then all of a sudden finish really quickly, maybe that'll happen with her, too. She's a beast, though. Takes up about a quarter of the tent by herself.

IMG 3232

IMG 3233

Lots of big, long tops. I'm counting seven that look like they're gonna be over a foot long, hopefully they'll get a little denser than how they appear right now, too.

IMG 3237

IMG 3238

So there they are. Gave them straight water today, probably do the same next watering and see if I can't get that Mag issue figured out. If they're not looking so hot by the middle of next week, I guess I'll give them a little more epsom salts. Like I always say, we'll see....

incogneato

incogneato

Since you asked for it @xenon730 here's some more Clusterfunk:

View attachment 717900

View attachment 717901

View attachment 717902

View attachment 717903

And here's the Tangerine Kush. I think she's gonna be second-to-last to finish, but I hope not. Everything I've read about the Tangerine Kush says that if let go beyond 65 days or so, she loses her tangerine smells and flavor, which I don't want to happen (obviously), but at this point, she isn't even looking as far along as the Fuzzes, which I expect to take at least 70 days. Whatever, we'll see. I've had plants that looked like they were gonna take another three or four weeks and then all of a sudden finish really quickly, maybe that'll happen with her, too. She's a beast, though. Takes up about a quarter of the tent by herself.

View attachment 717904

View attachment 717905

Lots of big, long tops. I'm counting seven that look like they're gonna be over a foot long, hopefully they'll get a little denser than how they appear right now, too.

View attachment 717906

View attachment 717907

So there they are. Gave them straight water today, probably do the same next watering and see if I can't get that Mag issue figured out. If they're not looking so hot by the middle of next week, I guess I'll give them a little more epsom salts. Like I always say, we'll see....
Leaf issues aside you got some heat cookin in the kitchen bro! They're all reaching for the sky! Can't wait to see em finish :shockedninja:

xenon730

xenon730

damn those look great. some of the green should return a little to the less damaged yellow leaves a couple days after feeding. you may have to feed it regularly though. in my testing i fed several different ppms daily and noticed no negative effects from ppms of epsom as high as 300 a day for 14 days I'm heavier feeding cuts. they love mg in the late game. I'm still playing around with it but magnesium is mega abundant in the earths crust along with calcium so this doesn't surprise me but she can eat ridiculous amounts of ca and mg at certain times. I'm not pushing you to give this amount, i respect your sparingly approach. what i want is for you to be less apprehensive about feeding these plants. they ate that mix for a long long time and may get really hungry. whoever told you adding epsom directly affects flavor or burning or the plant negatively(other than the risks associated with using any salt fertilizer)is absolutely just wrong. otherwise everything grown in the earth would burn like ass because 10% mg is considered proper for top soil. in fact the exact opposite is true and late magnesium and sulfur impact flavor and resin in totally positive ways and is what she hungers for in late bloom.

Last edited:
Minitiger

Minitiger

Leaf issues aside you got some heat cookin in the kitchen bro! They're all reaching for the sky! Can't wait to see em finish :shockedninja:

Thanks! Unfortunately, they're not doing the "good" kind of praying right now. As I've been researching Mag deficiencies, fixes etc, I've been reading that one of the tells of a Mag deficiency is plants praying. So I guess that's what my plants are doing. And now I've learned something haha: there's good praying and bad praying.

Minitiger

Minitiger

damn those look great. some of the green should return a little to the less damaged yellow leaves a couple days after feeding. you may have to feed it regularly though. in my testing i fed several different ppms daily and noticed no negative effects from ppms of epsom as high as 300 a day for 14 days I'm heavier feeding cuts. they love mg in the late game. I'm still playing around with it but magnesium is mega abundant in the earths crust along with calcium so this doesn't surprise me but she can eat ridiculous amounts of ca and mg at certain times. I'm not pushing you to give this amount, i respect your sparingly approach. what i want is for you to be less apprehensive about feeding these plants. they ate that mix for a long long time and may get really hungry. whoever told you adding epsom directly affects flavor or burning or the plant negatively(other than the risks associated with using any salt fertilizer)is absolutely just wrong. otherwise everything grown in the earth would burn like ass because 10% mg is considered proper for top soil. in fact the exact opposite is true and late magnesium and sulfur impact flavor and resin in totally positive ways and is what she hungers for in late bloom.

Okay, yeah, I'll probably give them some more epsom salts in four days. Maybe two days. I watered today with some fulvic acid and K silicate and kind of want to give them some straight water their next watering, but at the same time, I want to get the Mag thing fixed or at least a little under control while there's still some fucking leaves on these plants haha. It's weird, there's actually quite a bit of green leaves on the bottom half of the plant; it's the big fan leaves at or near the top that seem to be the most affected. Pulled off a bunch more leaves today (I say "pulled", but I barely had to touch them at all); at the rate they're going, there's not gonna be any leaves on the top half of the plants by the end of this week. The El Jefe Thai is showing the least amount of yellowing, but the other plants are looking... I dunno. Not good.

As far as looking great, thanks, but that's all Bodhi, ya know? I've yet to grow a bad hybrid from him. All I'd been growing for the last few runs was his gear, which is why I went with a couple other breeder's stuff this time, in addition to The Fuzz and the Clusterfunk, but it's just so obvious that he really knows what the fuck he's doing. Not that the Rev and Rare Dankness don't, but B's stuff is just so fucking frosty already. Next run I'm gonna do all Bodhi gear again.

xenon730

xenon730

Okay, yeah, I'll probably give them some more epsom salts in four days. Maybe two days. I watered today with some fulvic acid and K silicate and kind of want to give them some straight water their next watering, but at the same time, I want to get the Mag thing fixed or at least a little under control while there's still some fucking leaves on these plants haha. It's weird, there's actually quite a bit of green leaves on the bottom half of the plant; it's the big fan leaves at or near the top that seem to be the most affected. Pulled off a bunch more leaves today (I say "pulled", but I barely had to touch them at all); at the rate they're going, there's not gonna be any leaves on the top half of the plants by the end of this week. The El Jefe Thai is showing the least amount of yellowing, but the other plants are looking... I dunno. Not good.

As far as looking great, thanks, but that's all Bodhi, ya know? I've yet to grow a bad hybrid from him. All I'd been growing for the last few runs was his gear, which is why I went with a couple other breeder's stuff this time, in addition to The Fuzz and the Clusterfunk, but it's just so obvious that he really knows what the fuck he's doing. Not that the Rev and Rare Dankness don't, but B's stuff is just so fucking frosty already. Next run I'm gonna do all Bodhi gear again.
nice yeah. i tend to recommend not to pull off affected leaves until youre sure damage is arrested, otherwise you're just forcing it to move to new leaves since its causing the damage by sucking the nutrients out of them. but if they're coming off without effort it has already been abandoned by the plant. this plant is totally capable of taking off its own leaves. it takes a lot of energy to make a leaf. I'm pretty sure my plant knows better than i do for when it wants to lose a leaf so i tend to let her choose to remove what. even try a quarter epsom in each gallon before watering. its super soluble so you can just drop it in and shake a tiny bit. watch the fans closely for changes. she may also be running out of other thongs and this just shows the most. you put some new amended soil on top right? I'm thinking it's like putting an all purpose time release nute on top for it to use and your fulvic and what not should help with that but if it's not working it just might not be enough. can you like water in some kelp meal or something like that? i am not experienced with keeping it organic and feeding a depleted mix with organic amendments only. i would probably just bottle feed these to finish with grow big or some other common organic bottle nute i know is complete. if you're going to chop them though definitely experiment instead by trying to feed it whatever way your mind comes up with. if it loses all its fans it'll still finish, i mean people do that on purpose so. but never give up on a female plant without taking a clone and experimenting on the soon to be corpse first.

my clusters btw are just showing sex. gonna be 4 females and 5 males. equally excited for strong phenos of either sex as i intend to do male hunting after this set to cross with all the females i choose from these plants. my next 6 months is pretty much entirely planned as far as my personal garden and work is considered.

Last edited:
incogneato

incogneato

nice yeah. i tend to recommend not to pull off affected leaves until youre sure damage is arrested, otherwise you're just forcing it to move to new leaves since its causing the damage by sucking the nutrients out of them. but if they're coming off without effort it has already been abandoned by the plant. this plant is totally capable of taking off its own leaves. it takes a lot of energy to make a leaf. I'm pretty sure my plant knows better than i do for when it wants to lose a leaf so i tend to let her choose to remove what. even try a quarter epsom in each gallon before watering. its super soluble so you can just drop it in and shake a tiny bit. watch the fans closely for changes. she may also be running out of other thongs and this just shows the most. you put some new amended soil on top right? I'm thinking it's like putting an all purpose time release nute on top for it to use and your fulvic and what not should help with that but if it's not working it just might not be enough. can you like water in some kelp meal or something like that? i am not experienced with keeping it organic and feeding a depleted mix with organic amendments only. i would probably just bottle feed these to finish with grow big or some other common organic bottle nute i know is complete. if you're going to chop them though definitely experiment instead by trying to feed it whatever way your mind comes up with. if it loses all its fans it'll still finish, i mean people do that on purpose so. but never give up on a female plant without taking a clone and experimenting on the soon to be corpse first.

my clusters btw are just showing sex. gonna be 4 females and 5 males. equally excited for strong phenos of either sex as i intend to do male hunting after this set to cross with all the females i choose from these plants. my next 6 months is pretty much entirely planned as far as my personal garden and work is considered.
I'm over here just soaking up the knowledge. Thanks guys. I just fed my way through a similar issue in coco. I use bottled organics and even with 1/2-1 tsp of epsom per gal they still wanted more.

Top Bottom