Bodhi The Fuzz And Clusterfunk, Rare Dankness Tangerine Kush, Kos El Jefe Thai

• Thread starter Minitiger
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Minitiger

Minitiger

nice yeah. i tend to recommend not to pull off affected leaves until youre sure damage is arrested, otherwise you're just forcing it to move to new leaves since its causing the damage by sucking the nutrients out of them. but if they're coming off without effort it has already been abandoned by the plant. this plant is totally capable of taking off its own leaves. it takes a lot of energy to make a leaf. I'm pretty sure my plant knows better than i do for when it wants to lose a leaf so i tend to let her choose to remove what. even try a quarter epsom in each gallon before watering. its super soluble so you can just drop it in and shake a tiny bit. watch the fans closely for changes. she may also be running out of other thongs and this just shows the most. you put some new amended soil on top right? I'm thinking it's like putting an all purpose time release nute on top for it to use and your fulvic and what not should help with that but if it's not working it just might not be enough. can you like water in some kelp meal or something like that? i am not experienced with keeping it organic and feeding a depleted mix with organic amendments only. i would probably just bottle feed these to finish with grow big or some other common organic bottle nute i know is complete. if you're going to chop them though definitely experiment instead by trying to feed it whatever way your mind comes up with. if it loses all its fans it'll still finish, i mean people do that on purpose so. but never give up on a female plant without taking a clone and experimenting on the soon to be corpse first.

my clusters btw are just showing sex. gonna be 4 females and 5 males. equally excited for strong phenos of either sex as i intend to do male hunting after this set to cross with all the females i choose from these plants. my next 6 months is pretty much entirely planned as far as my personal garden and work is considered.

Aaaarrrgggghhhhh!!! Goddamnit! Haha, I started brewing a kelp meal two days ago to use this morning. After throwing half a cup in five gallons of water and bubbling it, I got to reading shit online yesterday about how people think that kelp more than halfway through flower can cause herms. It was like a 50/50 split of people saying they got herms from adding kelp or they didn't. Being the cautious dude that I am, I ended up just using it to water the big ol' rose bush I have in my backyard instead.

See? This is why I try not to listen to too many people, especially on the interwebs haha. Oh well. I've got a shitload of kelp in my garage, maybe I'll brew some up soon.

Anyway, yeah, I'm not tugging on leaves. If they come off with a gentle pull, then they come off. But I'm trying to leave as many of the leaves on as I can at this point. Leaves are fucking falling off when I move the plants out of the tent to water, it's crazy.

I'm gonna wait and see how that fulvic affects everything, then I'll add some more Epsom salts. I'm broke, so I'm not gonna go get bottled anything, although I wouldn't even if I had some money. I have some Down to Earth bloom in granular form that I use on the plants in my yard, so if I REALLY feel like they need something, I might use that. But I doubt it. I'm about three and a half weeks from harvesting The Fuzzes and the Clusterfunk and probably the Tangerine Kush, too, so even if there wasn't an issue, I'm still pretty close to the point where I stop watering with anything but, uh, water anyway.

Post some pics of those Clusterfunks when things start getting all nugged out if you want. Like I said, this is for informational purposes, so the more info, the better.

Minitiger

Minitiger

I'm over here just soaking up the knowledge. Thanks guys. I just fed my way through a similar issue in coco. I use bottled organics and even with 1/2-1 tsp of epsom per gal they still wanted more.

That probably has something to do with the plants being in coco, though, don't you think? I don't really know because I've only done organic soil grows, but I would think that a coco grow would require a bit more of, well, everything.

I'm just hoping to get these plants to the finish line at this point. Plus side, trimming should be pretty dang easy haha. There aren't gonna be any leaves left to trim!

incogneato

incogneato

That probably has something to do with the plants being in coco, though, don't you think? I don't really know because I've only done organic soil grows, but I would think that a coco grow would require a bit more of, well, everything.

I'm just hoping to get these plants to the finish line at this point. Plus side, trimming should be pretty dang easy haha. There aren't gonna be any leaves left to trim!
It definitely has to do with coco. My last mix was coco/sphagnum but this is just coco. It seems to need more mag for sure. Its fine I just walked my way up to the amount they wanted. Hey trimming sucks so I guess its a bonus right? Lol

xenon730

xenon730

Aaaarrrgggghhhhh!!! Goddamnit! Haha, I started brewing a kelp meal two days ago to use this morning. After throwing half a cup in five gallons of water and bubbling it, I got to reading shit online yesterday about how people think that kelp more than halfway through flower can cause herms. It was like a 50/50 split of people saying they got herms from adding kelp or they didn't. Being the cautious dude that I am, I ended up just using it to water the big ol' rose bush I have in my backyard instead.

See? This is why I try not to listen to too many people, especially on the interwebs haha. Oh well. I've got a shitload of kelp in my garage, maybe I'll brew some up soon.

Anyway, yeah, I'm not tugging on leaves. If they come off with a gentle pull, then they come off. But I'm trying to leave as many of the leaves on as I can at this point. Leaves are fucking falling off when I move the plants out of the tent to water, it's crazy.

I'm gonna wait and see how that fulvic affects everything, then I'll add some more Epsom salts. I'm broke, so I'm not gonna go get bottled anything, although I wouldn't even if I had some money. I have some Down to Earth bloom in granular form that I use on the plants in my yard, so if I REALLY feel like they need something, I might use that. But I doubt it. I'm about three and a half weeks from harvesting The Fuzzes and the Clusterfunk and probably the Tangerine Kush, too, so even if there wasn't an issue, I'm still pretty close to the point where I stop watering with anything but, uh, water anyway.

Post some pics of those Clusterfunks when things start getting all nugged out if you want. Like I said, this is for informational purposes, so the more info, the better.

i just don't take photos for myself anymore but if i have a reason to take some i will. the clusters are all two prong shaped because these weren't originally going to be flowered but that shouldn't matter any. Epsom is cheap and can only help so no feeling bad there. honestly almost all hermies are caused by bad genetics and cannabis seems to love kelp at all stages of growth. a kelp humic at peak veg growth start just about doubles growth rates in most of my cuts and makes them noticeably uptake more nutrients. it seems calcium uptake is greatly increased(anecdotal). also, anyone using commercial nutrients or bloom boosters is using kelp extract throughout the plants whole life lol. kelp extract, humic acid, amino acids, etc. make up the quintessential list of bloom booster ingredients and are in all of those nutrient lines, usually in multiple products even lol. unless you're spraying extract or using products with further extraction concentrating specific cytokinins, kelp = good at all times. i will say this though, when i fed a hungry plant my kelphumic to test it did seem to exacerbate the problem for about 72 hours. this led to me feeding my kelp extracts twice a week or every 3 days and always pairing it with calcium and a complete base nutrient, just to compensate for increased uptake and to facilitate the increased growth rates I'm after.

Minitiger

Minitiger

I read thru the thread kinda quickly but if you are using coots mix I recommend ask @Organikz fornsome advice. I think he might be annoyed by me hahaha. But this is what he does I believe. Very knowledgeable.

Hahaha!!! Nah, I don't think so. He's already tried to "help" me out on another thread. I don't appreciate his style, nor do I appreciate his shitty-ass attitude. Thanks, though.

Thejoeybrown

Thejoeybrown

Hahaha!!! Nah, I don't think so. He's already tried to "help" me out on another thread. I don't appreciate his style, nor do I appreciate his shitty-ass attitude. Thanks, though.
Got ya. My bad for tagging him them. Lol. I deleted that so hopefully the tag wasn't out there too long.

Looks like you got to know him already. Hahahaha. I can't say I disagree with you. We just had a pretty colorful "discussion" on Defoliation. Definitely has a my way or the highway attitude. I know absolutely nothing about organics. I run synthetic Coco dtw. Which apparently is wrong. Hahah

Minitiger

Minitiger

i just don't take photos for myself anymore but if i have a reason to take some i will. the clusters are all two prong shaped because these weren't originally going to be flowered but that shouldn't matter any. Epsom is cheap and can only help so no feeling bad there. honestly almost all hermies are caused by bad genetics and cannabis seems to love kelp at all stages of growth. a kelp humic at peak veg growth start just about doubles growth rates in most of my cuts and makes them noticeably uptake more nutrients. it seems calcium uptake is greatly increased(anecdotal). also, anyone using commercial nutrients or bloom boosters is using kelp extract throughout the plants whole life lol. kelp extract, humic acid, amino acids, etc. make up the quintessential list of bloom booster ingredients and are in all of those nutrient lines, usually in multiple products even lol. unless you're spraying extract or using products with further extraction concentrating specific cytokinins, kelp = good at all times. i will say this though, when i fed a hungry plant my kelphumic to test it did seem to exacerbate the problem for about 72 hours. this led to me feeding my kelp extracts twice a week or every 3 days and always pairing it with calcium and a complete base nutrient, just to compensate for increased uptake and to facilitate the increased growth rates I'm after.

Yeah, any time somebody starts talking about herms, I take it with a grain of salt. Typically it's the grower. I always say I don't know what I'm doing, I just go by feel and two days ago it felt like I should hit the plants with a little kelp meal tea. Again, I really should just keep doing what I do (and listening to SOME people). There does seem to be a point reached where I absorb a little too much info and start second-guessing myself, particularly with this grow specifically and that's what happened this weekend. But like I said, I have plenty of kelp, I can always brew another tea. I really want to see how the plants react to those Epsom salts and the fulvic before I start tossing a bunch of shit in the dirt, ya know?

Minitiger

Minitiger

Got ya. My bad for tagging him them. Lol. I deleted that so hopefully the tag wasn't out there too long.

Looks like you got to know him already. Hahahaha. I can't say I disagree with you. We just had a pretty colorful "discussion" on Defoliation. Definitely has a my way or the highway attitude. I know absolutely nothing about organics. I run synthetic Coco dtw. Which apparently is wrong. Hahah

Yeah, everything's "wrong" with everybody and their methods in that guy's world. Except his method, of course. You're welcome to tag him and he's welcome to chime in, but I can't guarantee that he'll get the warmest of receptions from me, especially if he comes in here and tries to tell me what I should and shouldn't post here at the farm like he did in that other thread where we got into it. He kept trying to tell me that you can't grow in three gallon pots using Coot's mix and I was like,"Uh, yeah, maybe YOU can't, but I can. I've done it. Multiple times. Fuck off."

Thejoeybrown

Thejoeybrown

Yeah, everything's "wrong" with everybody and their methods in that guy's world. Except his method, of course. You're welcome to tag him and he's welcome to chime in, but I can't guarantee that he'll get the warmest of receptions from me, especially if he comes in here and tries to tell me what I should and shouldn't post here at the farm like he did in that other thread where we got into it. He kept trying to tell me that you can't grow in three gallon pots using Coot's mix and I was like,"Uh, yeah, maybe YOU can't, but I can. I've done it. Multiple times. Fuck off."
Brotha. I had pretty much the same experience. I was encouraging the OP of a thread to try the Defoliation technique he was posting about. I will be doing aggressive defol on mine this run and my point was you never know until you try something. That's basically what I was telling the OP
Well, I was told if you want to try that you might as well start buying from the club again and not waste 9 months to yield a QTR oz. hahaha. Wow. Then a whole back and forth.
I'm like man I guess there is a wrong way to eat a Reese's. Lol.
It didn't bother me because I know what I'm gonna do and the proof is in the pudding. I know what I've seen. But don't discourage the OP from trying to experiment.
I'm pretty sure I'll get a little more than a qtr off these even with me stripping them at day 14. Lol but who knows

IMG 5599
xenon730

xenon730

Yeah, any time somebody starts talking about herms, I take it with a grain of salt. Typically it's the grower. I always say I don't know what I'm doing, I just go by feel and two days ago it felt like I should hit the plants with a little kelp meal tea. Again, I really should just keep doing what I do (and listening to SOME people). There does seem to be a point reached where I absorb a little too much info and start second-guessing myself, particularly with this grow specifically and that's what happened this weekend. But like I said, I have plenty of kelp, I can always brew another tea. I really want to see how the plants react to those Epsom salts and the fulvic before I start tossing a bunch of shit in the dirt, ya know?
imo then feed them daily or every other day. i think if you give 1/2tsp. for 3 days it should achieve what you're after without causing any harm and let you know how you feel about the situation. be adventurous, i highly doubt there's much salt in there with the water you feed and the time the plants been in there. once it's really depleted youre basically soilless or hydroponic lol. joking a little but you wouldn't be risking anything at all by adding a little Epsom each water to see it come back and by limiting it to 3 waters you cant do anything crazy. Epsom salts are really soluble and rinse out super easy if you're ever worried you used a lot.

Minitiger

Minitiger

imo then feed them daily or every other day. i think if you give 1/2tsp. for 3 days it should achieve what you're after without causing any harm and let you know how you feel about the situation. be adventurous, i highly doubt there's much salt in there with the water you feed and the time the plants been in there. once it's really depleted youre basically soilless or hydroponic lol. joking a little but you wouldn't be risking anything at all by adding a little Epsom each water to see it come back and by limiting it to 3 waters you cant do anything crazy. Epsom salts are really soluble and rinse out super easy if you're ever worried you used a lot.

Word. I'll probably water with epsom next watering then, which will be in two days. Unless they all of a sudden magically get all green and healthy-looking by tomorrow night.

I don't think the soil's depleted, though, I think it's just unbalanced. Or maybe there are just unusually low amounts of Mag in the soil. But like I said, the lower leaves look fine, for the most part. Maybe a little splotchy here and there, but other than that, they're still green, not even showing the typical later-flower N deficiency. I mean, my plants never really show that, so the fact that they're not doing that this grow either leads me to believe that its lockout, not depletion.

I looked at my first grow log here, one that I posted about a year and a half ago, just to get a look at the Clusterfunk that I grew then, when I took her down etc. I noticed that the middle fan leaves in the pics I took on the day I chopped were exhibiting very early-stage Mag deficiency. Back then, I chalked it up to the usual N deficiency, but knowing what I know now, it looked pretty much like this grow, albeit much less severe. Just something I noticed. Live and learn....

incogneato

incogneato

Yeah, you should get at least a half-ounce off of those plants haha!

Fuck that guy. First time anybody's ever trolled me on this site.
Good thing you were still able to haul in some killer looking smoke doing shit the wrong way for so long bruh! Guess you were lucky :eyepiece:

Minitiger

Minitiger

Just a quick shot of a lower popcorn nug on one of The Fuzzes. It's fucking frosty. You can't see it in this pic, but there are trichomes just dripping down the leaves on this nug (and a lot of other nugs, too). I'm very impressed with this hybrid.

IMG 3247

More pics tomorrow when I water. I'm starting to get that itchy, impatient feeling that I get when I'm about three weeks from harvesting. Everything's just getting frosty as fuck, with the exception of the Tangerine Kush. Haven't been too impressed with that one at all, but hopefully it'll start throwing frost in the next few weeks. Having said that, I'm real ready to chop these bitches.

xenon730

xenon730

Just a quick shot of a lower popcorn nug on one of The Fuzzes. It's fucking frosty. You can't see it in this pic, but there are trichomes just dripping down the leaves on this nug (and a lot of other nugs, too). I'm very impressed with this hybrid.

View attachment 721338

More pics tomorrow when I water. I'm starting to get that itchy, impatient feeling that I get when I'm about three weeks from harvesting. Everything's just getting frosty as fuck, with the exception of the Tangerine Kush. Haven't been too impressed with that one at all, but hopefully it'll start throwing frost in the next few weeks. Having said that, I'm real ready to chop these bitches.
mine are just everything w3. ended up with 3 females, 5 males, and a herm. yours look really nice, hope I'm lucky as well. gonna make more and do a larger pheno hunt most likely anyways though. make my own luck!

Minitiger

Minitiger

mine are just everything w3. ended up with 3 females, 5 males, and a herm. yours look really nice, hope I'm lucky as well. gonna make more and do a larger pheno hunt most likely anyways though. make my own luck!

Yeah, those Clusterfunks seem to have an unusually high male to female ratio. I've popped six seeds over the course of two grows and ended up with only two females. I dunno.... Maybe the last five seeds I have will all turn out female haha.

I am LOVING the way my Clusterfunk smells, though. Kind of has a little chocolate/hash-y thing going on. I remember the last one I grew had more of a "sour/hash-y" thing going on, so this chocolate development is a pleasant surprise. The nugs are getting super-fucking-dense, too. I expect yours to be no different. It's a really easy strain to grow.

Minitiger

Minitiger

Despite the Mag deficiency issues, it really doesn't get much better than this:

IMG 3295

Gawd bless Los Angeles and Gawd bless California. There really isn't anything better than a late afternoon SoCal summer, listening to George Harrison and Kool and the Gang and Biggie and getting ready to grill up some carne asada. The dogs know when we're getting ready to grill. Dig them lingering by the BBQ, hoping that some meat will fall on the ground (it never does, but I'll give them a little piece or two when my girlfriend isn't looking haha).

Okay, first of all, big props to @xenon730 for the epsom salts recommendation. Although it didn't completely halt the Mag issue, it slowed it down enough that I'm not too worried about it anymore. I'm looking at my notes now. Tuesday, July 11, I added one tablespoon of epsom salt to 4 gallons of water and, uh, watered with it haha. That same day I started brewing a kelp tea with a pinch or two of alfalfa (for the triacontonal) and a tablespoon of molasses, let it brew for two days and then watered with that on Thursday, July 13. Straight water two days later, followed by 4gallons of water with 3 tablespoons of filmic, 2 teaspoons of K Silicate and a corn SST. Two days after that I watered with only 2 teaspoons of Epsom in 4 gallons of water. I also switched to an 11:15/12:45 light schedule. I MIGHT, bring that down to 11/13 in the next few days. Or I might not. I'll see how I feel. Probably I will, though.

Okay, lots of pics coming up. And not pics of my fucking backyard haha.

The Fuzz #1:

IMG 3260

As you can see, this on is pretty wild and unruly, doesn't have the same structure as the Fuzz #4. I tied up some of those branches after I took this picture, but for the most part I'm just letting it do it's thing.

Here's another full plant shot of the #1:

IMG 3261

Close-ups:

IMG 3262

IMG 3265

IMG 3266

IMG 3267

IMG 3268

And the Fuzz #4:

IMG 3253

She's nugging out all over the place and is my favorite of the two Fuzzes. I really love them both, though. They're my favorite plants in the garden for sure.

Close-ups of the #4:

IMG 3254

IMG 3255

IMG 3256

IMG 3257

Here's the El Jefe Thai:

IMG 3270

IMG 3271

This leaf tips that are all curling up and getting crinkly are driving me nuts, but I feel like I've done all that I can do at this point. Having said that, I'm a little embarrassed by this grow. Not my proudest moment. But I'm still a little proud.

El Jefe Thai close-ups:

IMG 3272

IMG 3273

IMG 3274

IMG 3275

IMG 3275

Okay, reached my pic limit. More to follow in the next post.

IMG 3258
Minitiger

Minitiger

Here's a few more El Jefe Thai pics. She's finally starting to throw some frost and the buds are starting to fatten up and get denser. She also has some sort of cool mint "Peppermint Patty" thing going on that really reminds me of Bodhi's Goldstar f4's that I grew a while back.

IMG 3277

IMG 3279

Ugh.... Those curled-up nasty leaves, though.... Driving me nuts.

Okay, here's the Clusterfunk:

IMG 3281

There are a LOT of straight-up fried, dead-as-dead-can be brown leaves hanging all around this plant, but they won't fall off or even pull off with a good tug, so I'm just leaving them on for now. I figure they'll fall off in the next few days. I really can't stand the way they look, although the flowers themselves are looking very good.

Clusterfunk close-ups:

IMG 3283

IMG 3284

IMG 3287

IMG 3288

Aaaaaaand my least favorite plant in the garden, the Tangerine Kush. This plant, while having stems that look supportive enough, aren't managing the weight of the buds, even though the nugs on this plant appear to be the least dense out of all of the plants. Don't get me wrong, they're starting to thicken up nicely, but compared to the El Jefe Thai and especially the Fuzz #4, the yield on the Tangerine Kush looks like it's not gonna be the greatest, particularly when considering the fact that it's by far the biggest plant in the garden. I had to stake and tie her a little bit right after taking these pics.

Here she is:

IMG 3290

IMG 3289

And here's the best close-up I could get. She's finally starting to throw some frost and some pistils are starting to turn, so hopefully she won't take as long to finish as I thought she would just a week ago.

IMG 3294

So there it is. Like I said, I may switch to 11/13 in the next day or two, hopefully get these bitches finished up soon. Jesus.... How long has it been? When did I start this grow again? Like February 28 or March 1st or something? Summer's almost fucking over haha! Ridiculous...

I think I'm gonna start a Dream Beaver and Super Snow Lotus grow outside either today or tomorrow, probably throw a few more strains in there and do a short veg of like thirty days before I move them inside to the flower tent (yes, they'll be getting regular neem oil foliars while they're outside). My girl reeeeaallllyyyy wants to take advantage of our third bedroom, but I convinced her to let me do one more grow before I have to build a grow area in our garage. That's gonna cost some serious dough, gonna need to get a powerful AC unit cuz that garage gets up around 115/120 degrees in the afternoon. Also gonna need to install at least a 30 amp circuit breaker for the garage, if not more. So it's gonna be costly. And seeing as how I still don't have a fucking job, this next grow may be my last for quite a while. Fingers crossed I find a job soon and get that grow room built in the garage. Cuz I do NOT want to take a long hiatus from growing.

IMG 3285
incogneato

incogneato

I lived/worked in Cali for a year. The backyard we had looked a lot like that. Its a beautiful state. I was mainly in Eastvale but worked in the bay area and San Diego from time to time. I get what you mean about the leaves but the buds look good so fuck it right? Lol gonna cut that shit off anyway haha. You got me itching to pop some bodhi gear now!

Top Bottom