Bodhi Tree Of Life, Larry Lotus And Sunshine Daydream

• Thread starter Minitiger
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
hiiipower

hiiipower

That TOL is really what I've been waiting to hear on...:)

Glad to hear there's more comin'

Minitiger

Minitiger

Bout time!

Great lookin dank. Got me really curious about SSDD, never really stood out to me, but you make it sounds pretty good and I know you have grown nearly endless amounts of Bodhi. I'm doin my first Bodhi run right now now brotha, the Jamaican x Snow Lotus. Get your butt over there and check it out!

Hope the dust has settled since a few weeks ago. Love your threads man, you always give us a great look at awesome genetics

Thanks! You know, I try.... Haha. Yeah, the SSDD is definitely worth checking out, I think. I mean, shit, the Larry Lotus and for sure the Tree of Life are worth checking out, too. The only thing that disappointed me this run is the yield, although that's totally my fault. I should've run them in five gallons instead of three and definitely should've trained them a little bit. All of these plants had a little more larf than I'd have liked. Having said that, with the exception of the Larry Lotus #3, they all yielded around an ounce per gallon of soil and that's all I can really ask for. I haven't weighed either of the ToL's yet, but I got a bunch of jars of that one. The buds are very airy and just look extremely Sativa. Almost "haze-y" to be honest. Which is exactly what I was hoping for. I don't wanna describe them as "wispy" because that brings negative connotations to my head. But they are a little airy, so I think it'll end up being about the same ounce per gallon ratio as the other strains. Having said that, it's some of the stickiest weed I've ever handled. Rolling a j is almost impossible haha.

Anyway, yeah, man, check out that SSDD. If you can find legit beans, it's definitely worth a run or three. I reeeealllyyyyy love it for bedtime. And I'll check out that Jamaican x Snow Lotus in a sec, super-interested in that strain. Have you been updating that thread? Cuz I haven't been getting any notifications.

fuzzy.g

fuzzy.g

Hi. I'm new to this site. I just signed up here because I didn't find anything about the Tree of Life and I'm growing 8 of them! haha.
So hi to everyone from Argentina :)

Thanks so much @Minitiger for the information!

Minitiger

Minitiger

Hi. I'm new to this site. I just signed up here because I didn't find anything about the Tree of Life and I'm growing 8 of them! haha.
So hi to everyone from Argentina :)

Thanks so much @Minitiger for the information!

Sweet! My pleasure. That's one of the main reasons I grew out the Tree of Lifes: there was literally no information about them anywhere. I gotta say, though, that it was worth it. Stellar smoke. I'll post a proper smoke report in the next few days.

One piece of advice: take clones!!! I didn't this time and now I'm really regretting it.

fuzzy.g

fuzzy.g

Sweet! My pleasure. That's one of the main reasons I grew out the Tree of Lifes: there was literally no information about them anywhere. I gotta say, though, that it was worth it. Stellar smoke. I'll post a proper smoke report in the next few days.

One piece of advice: take clones!!! I didn't this time and now I'm really regretting it.

Yes!! Same here. Couldn't find anything but I really liked the genetics (specially due to the fact that they used a different male!). This is my first bodhi run.

I will take clones out of all of the "tops" and flower those (trying to keep a male separated to collect pollen, hopefully). I'm not in a hurry so I will let them grow :)

Minitiger

Minitiger

Okay, so here's the smoke report for the Tree of Lifes after a good five week or so cure (sorry, not to sure what the date is today haha):

First, a pic. Sorry for the shitty quality, I can't figure out my camera. As usual.

IMG 2668

Both the #6 (70 day pheno) and the #4 (77 day pheno ((and I probably should've let it go another week))) look about the same. The 11 week pheno actually has looser, more "old school" nugs than the ten-week pheno, which I guess makes sense, but they look virtually identical. It's only until I start breaking them up that I realize that the 10 weeker is slightly more dense than the 11 weeker.

Pheno #6 (ten week): Looks: See the above pic haha.

Smell: Basically a combination of Jack and SSH. Very "anise-y", like Jack, but also overwhelmingly fruity. More lemon and lime than the #4, which has more of a "tropical fruit" thing going on. The #6 is also very spicy, which I love, and also has a pretty noticeable tobacco thing going on. Really kind of exotic. Tastes kind of like a fruity Durban Poison to me.

Taste: Spicy spicy spicy, fruity, tobacco-y. Just what I was hoping for. It's really delicious and a super-nice change of pace from all of the OG/Chem-type flavors I'm used to encountering. Not that I don't love those, too, but this is really good.

Pheno #4: Smell: like I just said, more tropical fruit. Mango? Maybe. Guava? Kiwi? Can't really put my finger on it. It's much more fruit-forward than the #6, and very tropical, but also has some not-too-hard to notice skunky undertones once I break it up. Not much spice at all compared to the #6. No anise, either. Very "sour" but not in a Sour Diesel-kinda way. More like sour fruit. Still makes my mouth pucker, tho. Real good.

Taste: earthy on the front-end, then my mouth just gets COATED in tropical fruit flavors. Really, really good.

Effects: both of them smoke the same, although the #6, the ten-week pheno, would be the keeper if I'd have cloned these (and I reeeaaalllllyyyyy wish I would've cloned the #6; it's a keeper). And I only say that because the high from the #6 is much more long-lasting than the #4. Like, twice as long-lasting. Having said that, both of them are a kind of "depends on your mood" kinda weed. Meaning: I can just chill on the couch and get really into whatever I'm watching or whatever I'm reading or whatever, if all I'm gonna do is watch tv or read that night. But if I'm out and about, socializing and shit, it's really good for that, too. Blazed some at the ELO show at the Hollywood Bowl a couple of Fridays ago with some of my closest friends and it was fucking PERFECT for that, too. It's sociable, no doubt. Plus, fucking ELO at the Hollywood Bowl? Maybe that's not the best way to judge a strain. I probably could've smoked some Mexi brickweed and been all blissed out haha.

Anyway: No raciness at all, but still up up up and friendly. I haven't tried smoking it right before bed (although I do usually smoke some right before I start taking a shower and doing the whole "getting ready for bed" routine), but I'd imagine it wouldn't be the best. Not that it makes you're mind race or anything. On the contrary, it really kind of helps me focus on one thing at a time. Or nothing at a time haha, just straight zooooooned-out. But I still wouldn't recommend this for bedtime. I have the Sunshine Daydream for that haha. Plus like ten other strains for sleepy-time.

This one's my go-to daytime and early evening smoke fo sho. Seriously, I have a BUNCH of strains right now and the two Tree of Lifes are all I wanna smoke. The eleven (12?) week pheno is good for whenever. It's kind of Tree of Life Lite. It smokes the same and the effects are the same as the ten week pheno, but those effects start and finish a lot faster than the ten weeker. The #6, the ten-week pheno, is where its at. Both are good, but the #6 is fucking stellar. Starts with kind of a slow climb over the course of twenty or thirty minutes, then you're just blaaaaaaazed for like two hours, then a nice hour long come-down that doesn't leave me feeling burned out at all. Matter of fact, all it does is make me want to smoke more of it haha.

Like I said: really fucking good.

From the two plants, grown in organic soil in three gallon smart-pots, the yield ended up being just under 8 ounces. Sooooo, not too shabby. All in all, this grow turned out pretty good.

Got a Mountain Temple and Goji grow about thirty days in right now. There's been issues (when aren't there, goddamnit?), but I'll start that log when things get interesting. Hope the three of y'all that have been following this log check that one out, too haha!

Minitiger

Minitiger

Nice work Minitger as always!

Mountain temple and goji, wow u are in for some fun right there.

Haha, thanks!

Re: the MT/Goji grow: we'll see..... Out of an eleven pack of the Goji (which I sowed over the course of about two weeks), five didn't sprout. Of the six that did, three were hardcore runts that didn't do shit. And when I say they didn't do anything, I mean it. Those three were the most bizarre-looking, weird "plants" ever. And I use the word "plants" loosely. I shoulda taken a picture or three to show y'all what they did (or didn't do), never seen anything like it. But yeah, I already have a bad taste in my mouth about the Gojis. Having said that, the three that did make it look really good. Much better than the Mountain Temples (five out of six sprouted)(which is weird, I've never gotten less than 100% germination rates before; this run I got 11 outta 17 and three of those, the aforementioned Goji runts, were trashed). Anyway, yeah, the Mountain Temples seem, uh.... sensitive. Showing signs of deficiencies or possibly salt build-ups already, which is weird considering it hasn't even been thirty days and all I've been giving them is straight RO water. I'm gonna fix them over the course of the next few weeks, but so far, the Gojis are looking way better. I will say that I probably need to re-ammend my soil mix, which I'll do before I transplant into their final containers a month from now. And I probably (definitely) need to change my RO filters, but yeah, I don't know. As usual.... Hahaha!!!!

Limonene

Limonene

Haha, thanks!

Re: the MT/Goji grow: we'll see..... Out of an eleven pack of the Goji (which I sowed over the course of about two weeks), five didn't sprout. Of the six that did, three were hardcore runts that didn't do shit. And when I say they didn't do anything, I mean it. Those three were the most bizarre-looking, weird "plants" ever. And I use the word "plants" loosely. I shoulda taken a picture or three to show y'all what they did (or didn't do), never seen anything like it. But yeah, I already have a bad taste in my mouth about the Gojis. Having said that, the three that did make it look really good. Much better than the Mountain Temples (five out of six sprouted)(which is weird, I've never gotten less than 100% germination rates before; this run I got 11 outta 17 and three of those, the aforementioned Goji runts, were trashed). Anyway, yeah, the Mountain Temples seem, uh.... sensitive. Showing signs of deficiencies or possibly salt build-ups already, which is weird considering it hasn't even been thirty days and all I've been giving them is straight RO water. I'm gonna fix them over the course of the next few weeks, but so far, the Gojis are looking way better. I will say that I probably need to re-ammend my soil mix, which I'll do before I transplant into their final containers a month from now. And I probably (definitely) need to change my RO filters, but yeah, I don't know. As usual.... Hahaha!!!!
damn i don't grow in soil but i found both strains super easy to grow. Never heard of any germ problems with goji either. did u get your seeds from the place we talked about a while back?

Minitiger

Minitiger

damn i don't grow in soil but i found both strains super easy to grow. Never heard of any germ problems with goji either. did u get your seeds from the place we talked about a while back?

Psssshhhh..... You just had to bring that up, didn't you? Haha! Yeah, same place, which is making me a little leery. I think they're legit, though. They reek already, I'll give them that. Not even thirty days in yet, too. And like I said, the three Gojis that did make it look really good. I think it probably maybe had something to do with me? Maybe? In any event, I'll start that thread when things get interesting. I'll tag you and perhaps you can take a look and tell me what you think.

Limonene

Limonene

Psssshhhh..... You just had to bring that up, didn't you? Haha! Yeah, same place, which is making me a little leery. I think they're legit, though. They reek already, I'll give them that. Not even thirty days in yet, too. And like I said, the three Gojis that did make it look really good. I think it probably maybe had something to do with me? Maybe? In any event, I'll start that thread when things get interesting. I'll tag you and perhaps you can take a look and tell me what you think.
looking forward to it pal. Im about to harvest 2 nepali og x goji f3 and i am beyond impressed. Super chunky high-grade harlots should yield 18oz per plant a real eye opener for an "OG" varietal.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
looking forward to it pal. Im about to harvest 2 nepali og x goji f3 and i am beyond impressed. Super chunky high-grade harlots should yield 18oz per plant a real eye opener for an "OG" varietal.
Hey Limo, @Limonene at the end of the day, which strain yielded better? the goji or the nepali?

Minitiger

Minitiger

Just a little Larry Lotus update: after a good seven week or so cure, the #5 LL has completely changed. Smells VERY Larry-esque. Floral, aftershave, cologne, hints of earth and fuel. Smells great. Taste is similar, but with a strong earthy/peat thing going on in the backend. I'm assuming that comes from the Snow Lotus, because the Goji I get has the same "peat thing" too. The high isn't nearly as heavy as it was about a month ago. In fact, it's pretty good for the daytime, albeit very strong and stony. But it doesn't make me want to take a four hour nap, like it was a month ago. It turned out really, really good. I guess it just needed a longer cure.

The #3's still the same, though haha. Cheesy smell with a very heavy high. I've been alternating that and the SSDD for bedtime.

Limonene

Limonene

@jumpincactus yeah id imagine this nepoji yields a LOT better than goji. I grew the goji as small plants from seeds and yields varied from 2 OZ to 5.5 oz over 7 plants with 2 or 3 plants having the potential to be good yielders but we didn't take cuts. This nepoji came from @Mr Bee and i vegged them for a good time and have given each plant about a m2 so its hard to compare. But the nepoji puts out big dense og wands of sweetness!

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
@jumpincactus yeah id imagine this nepoji yields a LOT better than goji. I grew the goji as small plants from seeds and yields varied from 2 OZ to 5.5 oz over 7 plants with 2 or 3 plants having the potential to be good yielders but we didn't take cuts. This nepoji came from @Mr Bee and i vegged them for a good time and have given each plant about a m2 so its hard to compare. But the nepoji puts out big dense og wands of sweetness!
Very respectable for sure.

Krypto

Krypto

Best quote from that whole movie haha! As if you even had to preface it with "Colonel Kurtz" hahaha!!!! I know who said that. Seriously, that is like the best shit ever. Probably one of the best few lines ever written in any movie, book, poem or whatever, EVER.

So what you think? I'm digging the fuck outta the fade on that one Tree of Life.
" are you a soldier ? ...an assassin ? ....... YOUR NIETHER....you're an errand boy sent by grocery clerks to collect a bill"... that's my favorite quote. And hi s face in the frame, half covered in shadow. great film...
Anyone try Space Cake? just curious how it measures up to other cookies.

Minitiger

Minitiger

" are you a soldier ? ...an assassin ? ....... YOUR NIETHER....you're an errand boy sent by grocery clerks to collect a bill"... that's my favorite quote. And hi s face in the frame, half covered in shadow. great film...
Anyone try Space Cake? just curious how it measures up to other cookies.

Yeah, that's a good quote, too. I have not tried Space Cake. I'm not a real big Cookies fan.

Top Bottom