• Thread starter MHippie
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
RIP... a legend and a truly nice man.

Didn't think this would be a preservation thread, but it is now. I have 5 of their strains. I'll drop one each week until they are all down.

These seedlings are from their last new strain, Sour BluTooth.

If anyone wants to diary their BOG strains here, please do. While we grow their strains, their dream lives on.

View attachment 1069955

View attachment 1069956

View attachment 1069964
What is the best way to preserve a strain? Open pollination of a regs pack?

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
I'm not sure how he passed. I just swapped emails with him last week after my last order came in. Don't think it was from the fire but idk.
Not a lot of good answers to that question sadly. And his poor wife.....

☹️

Last edited:
MHippie

MHippie

Supporter

You know buddy, I'm really not sure at all. That one is outside of my wheelhouse for sure. I've never seriously bred anything other than this to that for those because seeds. Preservation? I don't know but I'd like to. Because I've got 5 strains total:

Sour Bubble x3
Sour Lifesaver
Bogglegum
Sweet & Sour Cindy
Sour BluTooth x2

And I'd really like for them to live in perpetuity. When I told my wife he passed away, she's like don't do it. She already knew. I was going to go buy all of the seeds.

But I would really like to find out the best way to keep these 5 going. Definitely not in a commercial way. But it would be nice to have a few hundred seeds of each to hand out to my grow buds here so that these things never die. There aren't many breeders left in the world like him. I've read volumes of his stuff all over the place now and it all backs up the interactions I had with him. One hell of a guy. I would hate for his life's work to just fade away.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
You know buddy, I'm really not sure at all. That one is outside of my wheelhouse for sure. I've never seriously bred anything other than this to that for those because seeds. Preservation? I don't know but I'd like to. Because I've got 5 strains total:

Sour Bubble x3
Sour Lifesaver
Bogglegum
Sweet & Sour Cindy
Sour BluTooth x2

And I'd really like for them to live in perpetuity. When I told my wife he passed away, she's like don't do it. She already knew. I was going to go buy all of the seeds.

But I would really like to find out the best way to keep these 5 going. Definitely not in a commercial way. But it would be nice to have a few hundred seeds of each to hand out to my grow buds here so that these things never die. There aren't many breeders left in the world like him. I've read volumes of his stuff all over the place now and it all backs up the interactions I had with him. One hell of a guy. I would hate for his life's work to just fade away.
So far I have three great Sour bubble seedlings....if this stuff is super good, i might wanna try to preserve it.....

I know Todd at agseedco did an open pollination for his skunk project. But idk how many he started with....

Genetically, i think that would be the best vigor....if they all have the sour trait.

Idk. Really bummed....

Flexnerb

Flexnerb

Wouldnt it matter how many different phenos were used in the original breeding? If its a bottlenecked breeding, how do you go about unbottleknecking it?

I guess youd have to grow out a number of packs and find out how much diversity you get...maybe!?!

I know nothing intelligent about breeding! Js...lol

MHippie

MHippie

Supporter
Wouldnt it matter how many different phenos were used in the original breeding? If its a bottlenecked breeding, how do you go about unbottleknecking it?

I guess youd have to grow out a number of packs and find out how much diversity you get...maybe!?!

I know nothing intelligent about breeding! Js...lol

I used to say that until I got a hold of HSC beans. I swear to God everything I plant from them comes up perfectly identical to whatever other beans come out of that pack. Most consistent breeder ever lol :)

I think Sour Bubble has been around long enough to have had any variant worked out of it. God he was probably on F501 or something insane. Well I think is actually I hope. If that same expectation is realized and these things are all beyond F3, then we shouldn't see that much variance at all right?

Like go checkout the lineage chart for Sour BluTooth for example. Holy shit you'll find Jack Herrer, Cinderella 88 (never heard of that before only 99), NL#5 is in there. TONS of classic foundation strains made this one happen.

Flexnerb

Flexnerb

Variance? I have no idea...if theres very kittle variance then i would say every plant should be equal in all regards to traits...i have very little knowledge about it...would like to breed some day!! Takes hundreds if not 1 to 3k plants to really get what your after..then again itd be easy for a person to get lost in that many plants...well, wheres the fuckin door?

C99 came from princess and c88? Org jack would be nice. Org anything from back in the day would be stellar!!

Last edited:
Glory_Haze

Glory_Haze

I already owned a few strains of BOGs, but after I heard this horrible news, I went and bought 8 packs. I will now have 6 BOG strains in my collection. Some strains i have multiple packs for, but some, i could only find 1. Those are now special seeds indeed. Terrible news.

1. Sour Lifesaver
2. LSD
3. BoggleGum
4. Sweet and Sour Cindy
5. Lifestar
6. Sour Grape

Flexnerb

Flexnerb

The last post is missing...shit that was a great read!

I wanted to grow the white rhino in 96. Wished i would have! people i knew couldnt be trusted..non of them... they'd a been rippers for sure...its just hard to find good people...it always has been!!

MHippie

MHippie

Supporter
The last post is missing...shit that was a great read!

I wanted to grow the white rhino in 96. Wished i would have! people i knew couldnt be trusted..non of them... they'd a been rippers for sure...its just hard to find good people...it always has been!!

Yeah I thought I came off a little harsh so I scrapped it. Besides that hydro store owner could actually be on here. He's a grower too. I smoked his shit back in the day. Most excellent as you'd expect :) But that was NOT the norm back then... for sure.

But if you're interested in classic hybrids, some guys here really pointed me in the right direction.

In addition to BOG, there is Mosca, Useful, Hazeman, Top Dawg, and Copa who are definitely worth messing with. I've got 2 Mosca strains down. One is a hybrid with Cindarella 99. The other is a hybrid of the original Indiana Bubblegum. Useful has a lot of classic diesel and chem hybrids. Top Dawg is heavy Chem. Hazeman is all about the Kush. And Copa is off the hook. I've got this stuff running from them called Zip Tape that has Black Domina and something else exciting from days gone by. Its late cant remember lol but it was good enough that the 5 beans I got went down immediately. I think I've got close to a month of nice veg out of them so far.

Anyway... some of the BOG stock cracked shells already. So transplants hopefully go down tomorrow night. I'll take pics as they do :)

PS. The old days really did suck compared to today.

MHippie

MHippie

Supporter
Variance? I have no idea...if theres very kittle variance then i would say every plant should be equal in all regards to traits...i have very little knowledge about it...would like to breed some day!! Takes hundreds if not 1

C99 came from princess and c88? Org jack would be nice. Org anything from back in the day would be stellar!!

Ok let's unwrap your post:

Cinderella 99 was Jack Herer x Shiva Skunk by Brothers Grimm (https://www.leafly.com/strains/cinderella-99)

Cinderella 88 was the third step Mr Soul took to get to 99. No one knows what it was...

But if you checkout the lineage of BOG's Sour Blutooth... everything you could ever want in a classic hybrid is there. ALL of it lol! Check it out: https://en.seedfinder.eu/strain-info/Sour_BluTooth/BOG_Seeds/

Now htf do you improve THAT? Cant wait to smoke it. Holy shit :)

MHippie

MHippie

Supporter
So far I have three great Sour bubble seedlings....if this stuff is super good, i might wanna try to preserve it.....

I know Todd at agseedco did an open pollination for his skunk project. But idk how many he started with....

Genetically, i think that would be the best vigor....if they all have the sour trait.

Idk. Really bummed....

My Sour BluTooth popped well. I'll upload pics later today. I'll check on the stuff in paper towels later this evening. But yesterday a few had started to crack for each of the 4 BOG strains. Very quick.

Useful's Chocolate Diesel is taking its sweet time. But last time they were 6 days before they were ready to transplant. Slow af. But that's cool. As long as they pop at the end lol.

My coco is soaking as we speak. I'll puff it up, rinse it out and then mix it up later. Perlite is standing by :) Very excited to make this media change.

fishbuds

fishbuds

I already owned a few strains of BOGs, but after I heard this horrible news, I went and bought 8 packs. I will now have 6 BOG strains in my collection. Some strains i have multiple packs for, but some, i could only find 1. Those are now special seeds indeed. Terrible news.

1. Sour Lifesaver
2. LSD
3. BoggleGum
4. Sweet and Sour Cindy
5. Lifestar
6. Sour Grape
Awesome. Where did you find the Lifestar, he had been out of stock recently on that strain?

Glory_Haze

Glory_Haze

Awesome. Where did you find the Lifestar, he had been out of stock recently on that strain?
Lifestar was one of the strains i had previously from awhile back, same with Sour Lifesaver.

I am up in Canada, and after i heard the news i looked up a seed distributor i deal with and he had some BOG gear still in stock. So i bought 1,000 bucks worth. I figured, i will never get a crack at these beans again so money well spent imo. Sadly he didn't have sour bubble, Life saver or sour strawberry. But i am happy with snagging LSD, bogglegum, sweet and sour cindy and sour grape. I passed on the blue kush only because i couldn't afford more. I talked with BOG a few times over email awhile back, and he said the blue kush was his favorite in that email. Said anything with the Sour genetics in it yielded less, but was more potent. I know all his gear is top notch though, just happy to have some in my collection.

Rest in peace man, you were one of the real ones.

MHippie

MHippie

Supporter
Lifestar was one of the strains i had previously from awhile back, same with Sour Lifesaver.

I am up in Canada, and after i heard the news i looked up a seed distributor i deal with and he had some BOG gear still in stock. So i bought 1,000 bucks worth. I figured, i will never get a crack at these beans again so money well spent imo. Sadly he didn't have sour bubble, Life saver or sour strawberry. But i am happy with snagging LSD, bogglegum, sweet and sour cindy and sour grape. I passed on the blue kush only because i couldn't afford more. I talked with BOG a few times over email awhile back, and he said the blue kush was his favorite in that email. Said anything with the Sour genetics in it yielded less, but was more potent. I know all his gear is top notch though, just happy to have some in my collection.

Rest in peace man, you were one of the real ones.

I had the pleasure of ordering from him directly and was lucky to have snagged some of what you're missing. My plan is as follows:

Pop 3 of each.
Clone 3 from all.
Grow the plants from seed out completely.
Any males will be grown out separately and 1 clone kept in veg for future pollen.
The 3 fem clones: 1 to reverse. 1 to seed. 1 to grow out.

My goal is to have a few hundred fem seeds on hand from each of the 5 strains I've got. Those will be stored safely until word comes down about what's next for B.O.G. Seeds.

If it's the end, I think it would be wonderful if a group of us produced solid seed stock to share amongst ourselves. Imagine a dozen of us sitting on every B.O.G. strain, not allowing it to die.

Eg. I've got Sour Lifesaver, Bogglegum, Sour Bubble, Sweet & Sour Cindy, and Sour Blutooth. You've got Sour Grape and LSD. I want both. Trade ya :)

I would never dare even think about going commercial with anyone's stuff let alone his. Never. But to trade in our own little underground? That would be bomb.

Top Bottom