BOG Seeds: A Tribute to a Legend. While we grow, their dream lives

• Thread starter MHippie
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MHippie

MHippie

Supporter

Bog Seeds​

Hey all! Please take a second to read this. I think it's important. Hope y'all do too.

Backstory: Everyone knows who BOG Seeds is and what they are all about. Married in 1972... I think the story goes? The buzz is that their house burned. Been there. Done that. It sucks. If that wasn't enough, Ms. BOG is gravely ill.

These two have been in the grow since before there was a grow. I've read a lot about them. Just dropped SourBluTooth. And it's like there has to be someway for the community to give back if the community feels so inclined.

So I thought since we are all growers, maybe The Farm would consider sanctioning a BOG Seeds Grow Off Event where there is an entry fee for each strain we drop. Maybe a ladder event with public vote, first strain winners, then overall Grand Bog Master of the Farm or something? :) I think everyone in here is probably a walking seed bank. Coming up with the prizes probably wouldn't be a problem. Maybe there is a seed bank or two that would consider sponsoring some of the prizes? And then run all of the entry fee money straight to the BOGs?

I don't know. It just seems like there is something that we should do. Thoughts?

@1diesel1
@Aqua Man
@logic
@Milson
@Beachwalker
@amekins
@MIMedGrower
@AnselAdams
@Grownsince95
@beluga
@sshz
@Frankster

Last edited by a moderator:
MHippie

MHippie

Supporter
Oh man :(

I first talked to BOG when I was 14 on OG. I would sit and drool over all his new releases and wanted to grow them out so badly.

Is there anyway to directly reach out to them via email (I don't have social media)?

Yep one sec. Their email address was on an insert I got when I ordered their seeds.

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
I think the right thing to do would be to reach out to the family to help if possible.

[email protected]

I don't think any of the $ spent on their seeds from a seed bank now will go to them. They've already been paid for all of that work and probably do need a fresh influx of some cash. I would hate to see the seed banks be the ones to profit from such a terrible loss.

I wish I was in a better position to help 😔

MHippie

MHippie

Supporter
Well I just found out you can order direct from them. If you send an email, they send a price list and they have very friendly payment methods. Their direct pricing is MUCH better than the seedbanks. Maybe the best thing we can do is smash their inbox with some orders?

MHippie

MHippie

Supporter
I think the right thing to do would be to reach out to the family to help if possible.

[email protected]

I don't think any of the $ spent on their seeds from a seed bank now will go to them. They've already been paid for all of that work and probably do need a fresh influx of some cash. I would hate to see the seed banks be the ones to profit from such a terrible loss.

I wish I was in a better position to help 😔

Shopping list...
Sour Bubble
Sour Lifesaver
Bogglegum
LSD

:) Never can have enough Sour Bubble. That will be three. My wife thinks I'm nuts. But she just doesnt understand...

Terpz719

Terpz719

Thanks for posting this and doing the leg work. So glad to hear you can order direct from them. I always try and do that under the assumption they make more that way. Been wanting to run some of his gear. No more excuses.

MHippie

MHippie

Supporter
Thanks for posting this and doing the leg work. So glad to hear you can order direct from them. I always try and do that under the assumption they make more that way. Been wanting to run some of his gear. No more excuses.

It's all good! We should still all have a BOG grow off lol :) I'm popping their new one Sour BluTooth now. Let us know what you end up getting!

MHippie

MHippie

Supporter
Thank you for raising awareness. Great to know about buying direct too. I always prefer to go direct with anything I do.

Man especially direct from a breeder who has been around since the beginning of time. Its neat to be able to do that :)

Sour Bubble is an incredible foundation strain and a lot of us breed just for the enjoyment. This will be my third pack. Never want to run out of that one for sure.

But I'm really looking forward to running the other BOG strains I have. Wish I could drop everything at once but its winter and space is limited.

MHippie

MHippie

Supporter
RIP... a legend and a truly nice man.

Didn't think this would be a preservation thread, but it is now. I have 5 of their strains. I'll drop one each week until they are all down.

These seedlings are from their last new strain, Sour BluTooth.

If anyone wants to diary their BOG strains here, please do. While we grow their strains, their dream lives on.

20201221 010227

20201221 010238

20201221 014617

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom