bong cleaner?

• Thread starter greenthumb
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

greenthumb

does anyone out there know how to clean an acrilic (plastic) bong ?
normal soap and water doesnt touch the tar plus cant use bleach or similar because of obvious reasons any help would be very helpfull thankyou!

T

they call me j

90% + iso propyl alcohol and a little bit of table salt for abrasion. shake vigorously.

T

they call me j

acetone or nail polish remover works as well...just rinse thoroughly with hot water to wash out the smell afterwords

also, if you have a large tube with a lot of build up use a coarser grain of salt..likewise if your tryin to get into small crevices, use a fine grain.

hubcap

hubcap

90% + iso propyl alcohol and a little bit of table salt for abrasion. shake vigorously.

great home rememdy.
for best results make alcohol/salt mix and let sit in the "apparatus your cleaning" overnight, THEN shake vigorously. Give the alcohol time to really penetrate that tar and gunk. while a quick rinse and shake will work, a good overnight rest in the solution will work a bit better.

and ALWAYS rinse WELL after washing/cleaning any smoking apparatus.

-hub

O

OuttaLuck

Do not let alcohol sit in a acrylic bong over night. I did once and it fell apart...
The glue dissolved.

hubcap

hubcap

yeah.,...didnt see the orginal poster said he had an acrylic bong...

assumed it was glass.

my bad.

T

they call me j

great home rememdy.
for best results make alcohol/salt mix and let sit in the "apparatus your cleaning" overnight, THEN shake vigorously. Give the alcohol time to really penetrate that tar and gunk. while a quick rinse and shake will work, a good overnight rest in the solution will work a bit better.

and ALWAYS rinse WELL after washing/cleaning any smoking apparatus.

-hub

lol sit over night?? i guess i have never let a piece get that dirty........

G

greenthumb

i do have a glass one that i keep clean and shiney but the acrlic one i only use when supply is limited as it is a small one but its a weird shape so i cant use a bottle brush or pipe cleaners.
usualy when they get dirty i just throw them away but my local headshop has closed down so i want to clean this one

P

punkadc

i dunno if boiling water is a bad idea in acrylic, but i use boiling water and cascade(dishwasher detergent) in a bucket to clean my pieces... all of mine are glass tho.... and like hubcap said always rinse thoroughly.... no need to smoke cleaner...;)

U

uefear

I use 91% iso alcohol and epsom salt daily. About once a week I hit my tubes with some Daily Use 420 cleaner. I notice that the 420 cleaner does a better job at keeping the tube cleaner longer, plus the smell is amazing.

G

greenthumb

iso alcohol must be easyier to get hold of in u.s because its not so easy here especialy 90%
cant use boiling water on acrilic it will deform and fuck up the bong(done it before)
is there some other product i could use instead ?

S

Sonic Seeds

Breeder
Supporter
iso alcohol must be easyier to get hold of in u.s because its not so easy here especialy 90%
cant use boiling water on acrilic it will deform and fuck up the bong(done it before)
is there some other product i could use instead ?

my mate said wd40 but i havnt tried it my self so go easy
and then you got to get the horrible smell out , i quess you could use another less strenth detergent to get rid of the wd40 .....

we use iso prople . get it on line in the uk ...

P

punkadc

oxyclean works ok if you can find that... leaves a little residue tho, so you gotta rinse it really well...thats what i dont like about it....

P

Pyro G.

try some formula-420. I have a vortex gravity bong (it's acrylic) & it workz great. Da smell is great too.

G

ganjatarian

I use alcohol and epsome salts for all my glass and have a friend who uses those desolving denture tablets and lets it sit in his bong overnight..... he swears by them and it may work better for pyrex and plastics. G

P

punkadc

i tried the denture tablets and didnt have much luck.... although my bong smelled minty fresh, it was still pretty dirty....but maybe i was impatient and didnt let it sit long enough.... that happens with me from time to time:)

S

StonedOwl

Any idea why ya can't get it over there? Is it used in explosives or something? I can get it at any little store around here for like $5.00.

Top Bottom