Book - True Living Organics

• Thread starter freezeland2
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
freezeland2

freezeland2

Anybody have this book “True Living Organics” and can recommend it as a solid reference book to have on hand?

Perception

Perception

It's a great book, and I learned a lot from it (I have version 2.0 though). Aside from the Rev's actual soil formula, he gives a lot of good background information on all of the nutrients, and how and why to use them. I used The Rev's soil formula on two different grows, and had decent results. I've actually moved away from the TLO formula a bit though because it requires a lot of nutrients and steps, and I've found that I can get just as good of results using high quality bagged soil, and just a few inputs. But, I do still use some of the techniques that I learned in his book... I've just simplified things to suit my lifestyle.

If you are new to organic soil, and are just getting started, I'd say definitely read it and try it out. You'll learn a lot. But in the end, it's not the answer to everything. Hope that helps!

freezeland2

freezeland2

It's a great book, and I learned a lot from it (I have version 2.0 though). Aside from the Rev's actual soil formula, he gives a lot of good background information on all of the nutrients, and how and why to use them. I used The Rev's soil formula on two different grows, and had decent results. I've actually moved away from the TLO formula a bit though because it requires a lot of nutrients and steps, and I've found that I can get just as good of results using high quality bagged soil, and just a few inputs. But, I do still use some of the techniques that I learned in his book... I've just simplified things to suit my lifestyle.

If you are new to organic soil, and are just getting started, I'd say definitely read it and try it out. You'll learn a lot. But in the end, it's not the answer to everything. Hope that helps!
Thanks for that review. I ordered the latest revision. I didn’t see any availability of the prior version.

Perception

Perception

You'll be happy. It's a good book, and The Rev is a good writer - keeps you entertained! You'll definitely learn a lot, and if you decide to move forward with the soil formula, it DOES work.

Oh, and I realized that the book I have is "The 2nd Edition" (which I believe is the latest). That's the version you want. In the 2nd edition, he says that he has simplified a lot of his formulas from the first edition.

Perception

Perception

@freezeland2 Here is a thread I started on TLO growing four years ago, when I first got in to it. https://www.thcfarmer.com/threads/whos-growing-tlo-style-the-rev.89483/

Tip for you! If you do a grow, and then go to re-amend your soil, DO NOT add more coco-coir or vermiculite, as the Rev's re-amending formula says. My soil started holding water on the 2nd grow, and by the 3rd grow it was fucked and killing my plants (I had been throwing coco-coir and vermiculite in when re-amending). I didn't have enough aeration. I reached out to The Rev, and he confirmed that he had changed his methodology since writing the book, and you should NOT add coco-coir at all when re-amending. I can't remember if his re-amend formula called for vermiculite, but it may have been a recommendation to do 50/50 perlite/vermiculite blend. But I recommend not adding vermiculate when re-amending either.

Good luck!

freezeland2

freezeland2

@freezeland2 Here is a thread I started on TLO growing four years ago, when I first got in to it. https://www.thcfarmer.com/threads/whos-growing-tlo-style-the-rev.89483/

Tip for you! If you do a grow, and then go to re-amend your soil, DO NOT add more coco-coir or vermiculite, as the Rev's re-amending formula says. My soil started holding water on the 2nd grow, and by the 3rd grow it was fucked and killing my plants (I had been throwing coco-coir and vermiculite in when re-amending). I didn't have enough aeration. I reached out to The Rev, and he confirmed that he had changed his methodology since writing the book, and you should NOT add coco-coir at all when re-amending. I can't remember if his re-amend formula called for vermiculite, but it may have been a recommendation to do 50/50 perlite/vermiculite blend. But I recommend not adding vermiculate when re-amending either.

Good luck!

Thanks for the tip. I purchased the book after talking with SOHUM. They recommended the book because I called them asking questions about re-amending their soil after using it in a grow. I don’t want to throw it out after one grow. I have 10 bags of their living soil and plan to reuse at some point but know I’ll need to do something with it between grows. Hence the call to them and subsequent purchase of the book. I really like this soil of theirs. It literally has been just water and watch the show.

Perception

Perception

Thanks for the tip. I purchased the book after talking with SOHUM. They recommended the book because I called them asking questions about re-amending their soil after using it in a grow. I don’t want to throw it out after one grow. I have 10 bags of their living soil and plan to reuse at some point but know I’ll need to do something with it between grows. Hence the call to them and subsequent purchase of the book. I really like this soil of theirs. It literally has been just water and watch the show.
Another option, that I have not tried yet, is the KIS Organics nutrient pack. They have instructions on this nutrient pack for how much to add when re-amending, and it's just a pre-mixed organic fertilizer for living soils (and they call for some compost and perlite too). Just another thought if you want to keep it simple: https://www.kisorganics.com/products/kis-organics-nutrient-pack?variant=40108980863125

I have a bag of this sitting on my shelf, and plan to start experimenting with it soon.

freezeland2

freezeland2

Another option, that I have not tried yet, is the KIS Organics nutrient pack. They have instructions on this nutrient pack for how much to add when re-amending, and it's just a pre-mixed organic fertilizer for living soils (and they call for some compost and perlite too). Just another thought if you want to keep it simple: https://www.kisorganics.com/products/kis-organics-nutrient-pack?variant=40108980863125

I have a bag of this sitting on my shelf, and plan to start experimenting with it soon.

That looks interesting. One bag will amend 1 yd of soil they say. That’s 27 cubic feet of soil so it would be very cost effective.

R

ritoMox

Anybody have this book “True Living Organics” and can recommend it as a solid reference book to have on hand?
Love me some TLO! The SkunkMag site has tons of great TLO info👍

Last edited:
ClarenceR

ClarenceR

I agree with you! It's fantastic book

ClarenceR

ClarenceR

I like this edition and books! A unique and intriguing medical treatments in this way. Despite the fact that I am a medical student, I have never known I use this methods. Now I'm using this source to prepare my tasks https://www.nursingpaper.com/medical-case-study/ I believe this can be useful for other medical students, as it is difficult to find a good and proven service that can assist with medical assignment preparation.

Last edited:
M

MasterWatererJeff

I heard this guy on a podcast recently. Dumb as a box of rocks.

ezenzyme

ezenzyme

Get the JADAM book, and all the other good ones, teeming with microbes, mycelium running. Tad Hussey of KIS is totally ill with his free podcast(check youtube) and KIS is right up there with BAS for the OG stuff man. Defiantly check the teachings of Clakamus Coot

Top Bottom