Boomer's 5000w Medical Cannabis Laboratory w/ C02 generator & ScrOG

• Thread starter Boomer242
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
justiceman

justiceman

Hey boomer I must say you have a really nice grow set up going on. Very clean man. I am not to well versed in bigger set ups so I won't be able to chime in much about AC and such, but I do run a small 4x4 tent with a 400w/600w(veg/flower) for my own personal meds.

Thank you for posting up your journal. The information you are putting out here is really helpful and I greatly appreciate it. I hope too learn some things from you and the other posters about bigger set ups. Right on for coming to the Farm! And with all due respect your gf's picture is awesome!

B

Boomer242

New Scion (mothers) setup

sorry guys been busy recovering, gym, physical therapy, and workin on the rooms.

ill get bak to everyones posts when i can its just rough balancing everything.

but i did need sum input;

i found a single grow bucket setup using the drip setup with peat pellets for the medium. its a half bucket that sits in a full 5gallon square bucket and its a recirculating feed system. theyre saying its legit for mother plants and its an 8 bucket system. so i figure i can do 4 sour grapes, and choose another strain and get 4 cuttings of them to mother out and take new clones...

i like this idea best so far,

-its a cheap hydro solution sysstem
-low maintence
-soilless medium im using now is messing and plants need to be tied up getting too big need to be transplanted

i know hydro grows faster which is fine since between grow cycle cuttings i can take a full tray of cuttings extra and donate them to the collective so thats cool with me. 8)

one downside is im taking as many cuttings as i can from the exisitng 5 sour grape mothers and gonna use rooting gel this time so hopefully they root soon (10days) and i can pick the strongest 4 to keep as my scions. itll give me a week or so to decide which new strain to go with and find sum clones. i really want to try master bubba cross but idk anyone with cuttings. guess ill have to look harder or on weedbay or weedtracker. i havent logged onto vendormaps in forever either so i should prob start there. but anyways i will keep the strongest 4 clones and mother them and itll take 2months before theyre ready to take their first cuttings. ive read ure supposed to wait at least 2 months for a mother being in veg before u take cuttings. im not sure how accurate that is but the downside of starting all new mothers is itll mess up my perpetual harvest for only a week or two, but in the long run itll be worth it to get 2 legit mother strains running and harvesting one hydro tray each month. each tray will hold 18 vegged clones of the same strain. so one strain per table a month apart from each other since i have two diff rez why not.

i need sum advice regarding support method for the scions; i know scrogging them was mentioned but ill have to reserch that thread too. but is the method for mothers in veg just to make a horizontal screen and keep tucking the main stems under the screen and let new small shoots come out the top and u use those for fresh cuttings while the main stem conitnues to grow sideways underneath and produce new cuttings every month or so?

then the other idea is just FIM like ive been doin to the mothers and use a tomato trellis to stick in the bucket for support when the mothers grow tall and lanky... let me know what u guys think. thanks again. rep for good advice.

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
M

mikegreenthumb

sorry guys been busy recovering, gym, physical therapy, and workin on the rooms.

ill get bak to everyones posts when i can its just rough balancing everything.

but i did need sum input;

i found a single grow bucket setup using the drip setup with peat pellets for the medium. its a half bucket that sits in a full 5gallon square bucket and its a recirculating feed system. theyre saying its legit for mother plants and its an 8 bucket system. so i figure i can do 4 sour grapes, and choose another strain and get 4 cuttings of them to mother out and take new clones...

i like this idea best so far,

-its a cheap hydro solution sysstem
-low maintence
-soilless medium im using now is messing and plants need to be tied up getting too big need to be transplanted

i know hydro grows faster which is fine since between grow cycle cuttings i can take a full tray of cuttings extra and donate them to the collective so thats cool with me. 8)

one downside is im taking as many cuttings as i can from the exisitng 5 sour grape mothers and gonna use rooting gel this time so hopefully they root soon (10days) and i can pick the strongest 4 to keep as my scions. itll give me a week or so to decide which new strain to go with and find sum clones. i really want to try master bubba cross but idk anyone with cuttings. guess ill have to look harder or on weedbay or weedtracker. i havent logged onto vendormaps in forever either so i should prob start there. but anyways i will keep the strongest 4 clones and mother them and itll take 2months before theyre ready to take their first cuttings. ive read ure supposed to wait at least 2 months for a mother being in veg before u take cuttings. im not sure how accurate that is but the downside of starting all new mothers is itll mess up my perpetual harvest for only a week or two, but in the long run itll be worth it to get 2 legit mother strains running and harvesting one hydro tray each month. each tray will hold 18 vegged clones of the same strain. so one strain per table a month apart from each other since i have two diff rez why not.

i need sum advice regarding support method for the scions; i know scrogging them was mentioned but ill have to reserch that thread too. but is the method for mothers in veg just to make a horizontal screen and keep tucking the main stems under the screen and let new small shoots come out the top and u use those for fresh cuttings while the main stem conitnues to grow sideways underneath and produce new cuttings every month or so?

then the other idea is just FIM like ive been doin to the mothers and use a tomato trellis to stick in the bucket for support when the mothers grow tall and lanky... let me know what u guys think. thanks again. rep for good advice.

im a soil guy so here is my suggestion http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXEgJXec_Zk

fell better soon smoke some meds peace and good wishes bro

CaliShark

CaliShark

Pulling up a seat man, gonna go back and read everything when I got the time. Looks like I'm in for a great show.

S

supasticky

You can do it that way, but eventually they will get too big. With the moms you can always just cut them back and top them. They arent going to flower for a while or ever so they will have the time to recover. And since youre always going to be cloning you can just clone what you cut off IMO. Your way would work also if you cut off the ends that are wrapped around, but I think scroging like that will constantly have your mother a little stressed. Along with the stress of cutting the clones, and if you top it or cut it back..just lots of stress ya know?

-Supa

B

Boomer242

Room B; Veg/mothers update

we worked all day gettin plumbing and electric ran through the cieling in the garage into the flowering room. also finished setting up the RO system completely stand alone with float valve to shut off the water feeding into the 200gallon rez down in the garage. ill put a video together for u guys to see everything up close. and the path.

i decided to take as many cuttings as i can from the SG mothers and used clonex rooting gel to put them in the 1" RW cubes. i had 144 cuttings and put them under the humidome with heating pad and 2 T5 lamps. i dropped my 1000w and 400w MH lamps to 20/4 photoperiod and seem to be doin fine helps cool the room down so far but thyere still gettin up past 80.

i fed the mothers plain RO water with superthrive to flush and help recover from the trauma of cuttings. im givign the plants to a buddy to use as mothers for his setup instead of just tossing them.

i fed the clones that are on the veg table another feeding from the rez.
i installed the airstone pump with a 4way splitter to hook up 4 small airstones to airrate the water.
tomorrow im hookin up the hydro drip feed system for the veg table tomorrow. got a submersible pump 200gph and feeding to the drip system. im using a prefilter for the feed hose and double emitters in case one gets clogged but also for even water distribution. i was gonna do the ring emitter setup like i am for the flower table but the issue with doin a ring emitter means u have to take it apart when u want to move the RW cube from veg table to the flower table. and that can be a pain so we figured itd be easier just to do single emitters.

anyways enough talk for now. heres sum pix of work in progress...

http://img.invalid.com/albums/v689/boomer1605/100_1304.jpg

http://img.invalid.com/albums/v689/boomer1605/100_1305.jpg

http://img.invalid.com/albums/v689/boomer1605/100_1306.jpg

http://img.invalid.com/albums/v689/boomer1605/100_1307.jpg

http://img.invalid.com/albums/v689/boomer1605/100_1296.jpg

M

mikegreenthumb

we worked all day gettin plumbing and electric ran through the cieling in the garage into the flowering room. also finished setting up the RO system completely stand alone with float valve to shut off the water feeding into the 200gallon rez down in the garage. ill put a video together for u guys to see everything up close. and the path.

i decided to take as many cuttings as i can from the SG mothers and used clonex rooting gel to put them in the 1" RW cubes. i had 144 cuttings and put them under the humidome with heating pad and 2 T5 lamps. i dropped my 1000w and 400w MH lamps to 20/4 photoperiod and seem to be doin fine helps cool the room down so far but thyere still gettin up past 80.

i fed the mothers plain RO water with superthrive to flush and help recover from the trauma of cuttings. im givign the plants to a buddy to use as mothers for his setup instead of just tossing them.

i fed the clones that are on the veg table another feeding from the rez.
i installed the airstone pump with a 4way splitter to hook up 4 small airstones to airrate the water.
tomorrow im hookin up the hydro drip feed system for the veg table tomorrow. got a submersible pump 200gph and feeding to the drip system. im using a prefilter for the feed hose and double emitters in case one gets clogged but also for even water distribution. i was gonna do the ring emitter setup like i am for the flower table but the issue with doin a ring emitter means u have to take it apart when u want to move the RW cube from veg table to the flower table. and that can be a pain so we figured itd be easier just to do single emitters.

anyways enough talk for now. heres sum pix of work in progress...
im finally convinced im putting airstones into the earth box res's now that i know you can just use one and get a splitter ima how many x the actual number of gallons should the pump be rated

Venom818

Venom818

Nice bro,what pitbull calender were u talking about and do u show pitbulls at all bro.

B

Boomer242

so just had a 6.9 earthquake in baja cali. good little easter present haha. it was interesting havent felt one in a while and it was the rolling kind of earthquake i felt all drunk haha. that size was def good enough to reach orange county. time to go check my grow room and all the structures. guess its a good time to test the earthquake durability.

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
so just had a 6.9 earthquake in baja cali. good little easter present haha. it was interesting havent felt one in a while and it was the rolling kind of earthquake i felt all drunk haha. that size was def good enough to reach orange county. time to go check my grow room and all the structures. guess its a good time to test the earthquake durability.
I'm down in south OC... :icon_stick man: That shit was crazy!

H

HannaMan

lol... I'll tell you, we felt it a good distance north of OC.

HG23

HG23

Hope all is well with you guys!! Im thinking of moving to so cal in the near future and have never been anywhere that has earthquakes before. How often does that shit happen??

M

mikegreenthumb

fairlly often and its really no big deal to be honest born n raised nor cal when i was a kid it was hella fun now 9 x outta 10 i dont even feel em

B

Boomer242

I'm down in south OC... :icon_stick man: That shit was crazy!
fuk ya it was

lol... I'll tell you, we felt it a good distance north of OC.
ya they felt it out in AZ too

Hope all is well with you guys!! Im thinking of moving to so cal in the near future and have never been anywhere that has earthquakes before. How often does that shit happen??

haha pretty often but out of all the major weather disasters its prob the funnest lol. except when ur house falls down. lol

fairlly often and its really no big deal to be honest born n raised nor cal when i was a kid it was hella fun now 9 x outta 10 i dont even feel em

haha ya its gotta be a good size to wake me up or feel if ur in ur ride.

B

Boomer242

Transplanted Sour Grape clone update in veg. Time to FIM?

So things seem to be doin well with the growroom but so cal weather trips me out, didnt rain the other week when they said it would then its hot as shit then we have multiple earthquakes and it fukn rains today...? anyways the clones on the veg table have grown a couple new internodes and not sure when i want to FIM the tops to create multiple tops to scrog thru the flower table. im only vegging them to about a foot i believe then throwin them in the flower room on veg week 3.

the clones are just around 6inches tall so either ill do it with this new top growth or the next im assuming. just wanted to hear sum input and show u guys the ladies progress. let me know asap.

http://img.invalid.com/albums/v689/boomer1605/100_1271-1.jpg

http://img.invalid.com/albums/v689/boomer1605/100_1272-1.jpg

http://img.invalid.com/albums/v689/boomer1605/100_1273-1.jpg

M

mikegreenthumb

i would go ahead and start training now i do it as soon as they root id rather have a 12" muti cola bush instead of a 19" single cola plant so i train everything no matter how its going to be flowered

3 14 10 022
March 24th 014
March 24th 017
N

nucleotide

Hey Boomer! Nice setups!
I'd like to see how this turns out for you.

Do you think that your ladies look like they may be getting too high of ppms?
What is your TDS?

B

Boomer242

i would go ahead and start training now i do it as soon as they root id rather have a 12" muti cola bush instead of a 19" single cola plant so i train everything no matter how its going to be flowered

awesome example mike thanks man! ya im thinkin of just doin the FIM tomorrow and add sum LST a few days after they recover.

Hey Boomer! Nice setups!
I'd like to see how this turns out for you.

Do you think that your ladies look like they may be getting too high of ppms?
What is your TDS?

thanks. glad u could stop by. i mite have to agree with u, the first nute feed i made was 1100 ppm or so and i had forgotten to start of 1/4-1/2 strentgh but they seem to be doin ok im gonna flush soon.

Top Bottom