Boost terps through essential oils?

• Thread starter Sick66
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Sick66

Sick66

As it's typical for my humidity to be low (35% give or take a few points) since I live in the damn desert, I am running a humidifier/oil diffuser to raise my levels to around 75% give or take.

Here's the meat and taters of my post... Essential oils are used in conjunction with cannabis oils to boost "terps" creating what's called the "symphony effect". Certain terps are found in things such as linalool in mint and lavender and citrus, mercene is found in mangoes, limonene in lemons.
I want to know if anyone has experimented with diffusing pure organic essential oils into the air of the indoor tent as a way of boosting or promoting extra production of cannabis terps?
Plants can absorb liquid nutrients through their skin, ie foliar feeding... Maybe I'm just too baked and thinking like a stoner but it's worth the question, right?

Mikelej14

Mikelej14

I would think long term exposure to concentrated oils in the air may eventually build up on the leaf surface, choking it in a sense?

Mikelej14

Mikelej14

I think you would have better luck and less problems mixing it into the water mildly when feeding. Besides, 75% humidity? Thats way too high, especially flowering

Sick66

Sick66

I think you would have better luck and less problems mixing it into the water mildly when feeding. Besides, 75% humidity? Thats way too high, especially flowering
Rooting some clo
I would think long term exposure to concentrated oils in the air may eventually build up on the leaf surface, choking it in a sense?
I should have elaborated more on my idea. Although I agree with long term exposure and build up on the leaves I was thinking more as a foliar feed. Maybe run it for an hour or so in between nutrient feeds? I guess my real question is, do you think adding essential oils to a growing plant would achieve my goal?

Mikelej14

Mikelej14

Rooting some clo

I should have elaborated more on my idea. Although I agree with long term exposure and build up on the leaves I was thinking more as a foliar feed. Maybe run it for an hour or so in between nutrient feeds? I guess my real question is, do you think adding essential oils to a growing plant would achieve my goal?
I think the way you describe doing it in the air for short spurts wouldnt really make much difference overall simply not enough of it.. But say adding a little to each watering/feed maybe it could get taken up steadily and slowly thruout the grow, it may make a noticable difference 💁 i think its fair to say the saying "you are what you eat" applies to our plant babies too 😊

Top Bottom