Boosting Trichome Production in Flower

• Thread starter ComfortablyNumb
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

I've looked around and I do not see a thread that answers my question.
Can we use this thread to please compile all your tricks and techniques for boosting trichome production?

I'll go first. we already know that UV light will boost production.

What else? I just saw sulfur. What's up with that? Someone said crazy low humidity?

MICHGANDER9

MICHGANDER9

I've looked around and I do not see a thread that answers my question.
Can we use this thread to please compile all your tricks and techniques for boosting trichome production?

I'll go first. we already know that UV light will boost production.

What else? I just saw sulfur. What's up with that? Someone said crazy low humidity?
I use a Gavita plasma for tri comb terpin boost

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Ok, so you say the light has a lot to do with it?

MICHGANDER9

MICHGANDER9

Ok, so you say the light has a lot to do with it?
I do as a matter of fact I noticed before plasma and and adding it MAJOR difference also environmental factors has Alot to do with it a stress weather it be from under/ over water ,cold ,heat bugs so on see where I'm going with this

MICHGANDER9

MICHGANDER9

I do as a matter of fact I noticed before plasma and and adding it MAJOR difference also environmental factors has Alot to do with it a stress weather it be from under/ over water ,cold ,heat bugs so on see where I'm going with this
It's all about mimicking outdoors+ the added benefit from the University studies and so on

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Ok, you are talking about getting it all dialed in correctly. That always works, but I'm looking for simple things that help boost production.

MICHGANDER9

MICHGANDER9

Ok, you are talking about getting it all dialed in correctly. That always works, but I'm looking for simple things that help boost production.
What I'm saying is you need environmental things under control anyways for a good ,clean, flavorful abundant, harvest indoors or out shit a good bout of powdery mildew or a spider mite infestation and you don't need to worry about tricombs you won't even want to use it and you just wasted all that time and money

PizzaBob

PizzaBob

Asprin will boost trich production?
Asprin will boost trich production?
They are all same class of salicylates. But probably not. Just go buy a product with one or both. They induces SAR, which defends against pest by increasing resin production.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Scrubbing the tent with bug killer between grows helps.

Ponky

Ponky

Keeping temps below 74 F. And I've been told tale of plant additives that mimic the enzymes insect bites would inflict. Making the plant think it's under attack when it isn't. Making it produce extra resins. But I cannot find the stuff and I don't know how reliable the person telling me about it was. Maybe someone else knows of that which I speak.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Environmental stress and UVB seem to be the two top trich boosters. There is an enzyme that helps and I know that DaKine 420 has it in their Sticky Icky mix. We have not used this, but we are considering it. I have to run the numbers first.

MICHGANDER9

MICHGANDER9

Keeping temps below 74 F. And I've been told tale of plant additives that mimic the enzymes insect bites would inflict. Making the plant think it's under attack when it isn't. Making it produce extra resins. But I cannot find the stuff and I don't know how reliable the person telling me about it was. Maybe someone else knows of that which I speak.
Insectfrass I also use malted barely in bloom for the enzymes

IMG 20210616 072529
PizzaBob

PizzaBob

Read my post above. I can tell you that pretty much all the bloom boosters or trichome booster have one or both. So I think there’s some validity to the claim. Look up plant SAR.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

The question of how you are measuring increases in trichomes is my concern.

Also "UV" is way too broad. Even UVB is too broad. But in general light will have an impact. I did some testing on this and shared it all in another thread, but the end result was inconclusive on the actual increase in Trichomes. Cannabinoids went up slightly under the UVB test conditions used. The UVA component brought out more color (purple anthocyanin in my case) than control but had no impact on trichome production.

Top Bottom