Boosting Trichome Production in Flower

• Thread starter ComfortablyNumb
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

The question of how you are measuring increases in trichomes is my concern.

Also "UV" is way too broad. Even UVB is too broad. But in general light will have an impact. I did some testing on this and shared it all in another thread, but the end result was inconclusive on the actual increase in Trichomes. Cannabinoids went up slightly under the UVB test conditions used. The UVA component brought out more color (purple anthocyanin in my case) than control but had no impact on trichome production.
You mean no apparent impact? How did you determine this?

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

You mean no apparent impact? How did you determine this?

Ponky

Ponky

Read my post above. I can tell you that pretty much all the bloom boosters or trichome booster have one or both. So I think there’s some validity to the claim. Look up plant SAR.
What's a good salasyllic acid plant additive for hydro?

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

There was a study done somewhere I’ll try to find the link when I get to pc. Certain pests can be used to benefit of trichome production.

I wonder if pushing the plants these ways is any benefit to the end user. Do more trichomes = better experience? I’m skeptical based on my results. But they look pretty so do colors like purple so if it is for sale I get it. Personal use I don’t. Intended use could be a reason - I’m just guessing here but I could see how a larger volume of trichome contents would make it easier to press for example.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Keeping temps below 74 F. And I've been told tale of plant additives that mimic the enzymes insect bites would inflict. Making the plant think it's under attack when it isn't. Making it produce extra resins. But I cannot find the stuff and I don't know how reliable the person telling me about it was. Maybe someone else knows of that which I speak.
Sounds interesting

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Trich's are also where the THC is, so more trich's should mean a greater volume of THC.
I know there are many factors, but that's the purpose of this thread, to discover the factors and how to best adjust them.

Farmer95

Farmer95

Everything deppend on your setup, il try many diff lights the best results i get with fullspecrtum 9000w
And of course neutriens who will make your buds hevier and biger, if you want know wich one send me message

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

If you change your lights, then your nute mix has to change also.
It's very flexible on which way it gets done, but what are the exact factors?

Farmer95

Farmer95

If you change your lights, then your nute mix has to change also.
It's very flexible on which way it gets done, but what are the exact factors?
Where did you hear something terable like that?
There don't have like one nute mix for one type of light and another type nute for different light 😃🙈
The thing what autos love is Max realistic Sun light for longer time then Natural sun.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Where did you hear something terable like that?
There don't have like one nute mix for one type of light and another type nute for different light 😃🙈
The thing what autos love is Max realistic Sun light for longer time then Natural sun.
No no... Not the KIND of light, the AMOUNT of light.

Farmer95

Farmer95

Il get that, i run my strawberry chesecakes with fullspecrtum light for much longer time then simple growing lights and with fullspecrtum light its very hard to burn the leaves, for last weeks i run them 20/7 there are planty with THC crystals eeeverywhere even on the leaves, so lots of hash after trimmig them, and i give them same amount of neutriens then onother lights, AS much AS they can eat

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Il get that, i run my strawberry chesecakes with fullspecrtum light for much longer time then simple growing lights and with fullspecrtum light its very hard to burn the leaves, for last weeks i run them 20/7 there are planty with THC crystals eeeverywhere even on the leaves, so lots of hash after trimmig them, and i give them same amount of neutriens then onother lights, AS much AS they can eat
The more light, the more of everything else. If you can keep it stable (bigger grows are easier), 75% of the sun power in Lux is the practical break even point.

PizzaBob

PizzaBob

What's a good salasyllic acid plant additive for hydro?
Seems they don’t like to advertise their secrets and it’s considered a pesticide by some Med states. But snow storm ultra has tested positive for it. I’ve used it w good results

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Seems they don’t like to advertise their secrets and it’s considered a pesticide by some Med states. But snow storm ultra has tested positive for it. I’ve used it w good results
Anyone ever see the little packet of enzymes they give you to put in your Christmas tree water?

RealizedReal000

RealizedReal000

Try increasing the temps closer to harvest. Should act like a defense machinism for the plant and it should start to make more trichomes. I’ve done this a couple times on accident but the result is always the same. Lol

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Try increasing the temps closer to harvest. Should act like a defense machinism for the plant and it should start to make more trichomes. I’ve done this a couple times on accident but the result is always the same. Lol
You should actually bring them down. That mimics nature and stresses the plant in the same direction as nature, only more intense. Bring them down to the low 70's during lights on in flower for the last week. Watch humidity levels carefully to avoid mold.

RealizedReal000

RealizedReal000

You should actually bring them down. That mimics nature and stresses the plant in the same direction as nature, only more intense. Bring them down to the low 70's during lights on in flower for the last week. Watch humidity levels carefully to avoid mold.
Lol all I know is that with a side by side comparison with one temp higher then the other it raised trichomes with the heat. Or maybe it was the fact that I switched to hps in the end of flower? My led went out at that time and I only had a 400w hps lol.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Lol all I know is that with a side by side comparison with one temp higher then the other it raised trichomes with the heat. Or maybe it was the fact that I switched to hps in the end of flower? My led went out at that time and I only had a 400w hps lol.
The HPS is more likely the culprit in that case.

Top Bottom