botanicare nutrients....any problems ?

• Thread starter beast
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
beast

beast

Has anybody used these nutr. , how did they work for you?
Im using pro soil bloom ,pro soil grow, sweet, and sucanat pure cane sugar.
using lemon juice to adjust ph from 7+ to 6.8-6.4 using meter.
Meter also reads fert. from to low-large idea range --to high ,im keeping fert.at no higher then middle of idea range, is this to low ?
but leaf yellowing and uper leafs are wilting,I water to it comes out of bottom & flush once in a while...any help.

Thanks for any replies.

Beast.

T

tngreen

PBP is great as a base, have used it for years. Definitely needs its additives though and most likely the reason for the issues. I would recommend looking into A1 Nutrients' line. I just started using their amino acids, humic/fulvic, flora vino, and roots booster in addition to PBP, Magi-cal, and molasses. A1 is very reasonable cost wise as well, much cheaper than most additives out there.

Cort

Cort

+1 for karma. Need those micros

How is the A1 stuff stand up to karma?

green punk

green punk

From what Ive seen, finished product from users of the pure blend line all tend to have the same smell and taste, individual strains tend to get dominated by the fertilizer and end up with a similarity. Its not immediate, its kind of an after taste thing/exhale after smoking and just smelling the sack or jar. I know a ton of people love it, grow great crops. IMHO I put the Pureblend and advanced nutes in same boat... You can grow great yields, healthy plants, the finished product will all have a similar odor and taste dominated by the fertilizer. The strains lose their uniqueness even seem plasticish. Ive seen alot of stuff grown with these nutes.

my .02

Cort

Cort

From having grown several strains and even a few phenos all in the same tent, same run with PBP I can tell you the scent and taste dont seem the same to me
1k tent, pbp silica blast calmag+ hygrozyme moab sweet raw + molasses.

If its there I cant tell. I am able to smell and taste different fruit notes in 2 side by side phenos. Maybe Im missing something though, I aint known as overly smart. Still a noob too.

homebrew420

homebrew420

Greenpunk I will have to respectfully disagree with this,
"From what Ive seen, finished product from users of the pure blend line all tend to have the same smell and taste, individual strains tend to get dominated by the fertilizer and end up with a similarity. Its not immediate, its kind of an after taste thing/exhale after smoking and just smelling the sack or jar." We grow a large warehouse filled and have used PBP for the last 2 years. The meds that are produced are exceptional, in both flavor and quality, we flush for 10 days. Flavor is different, vastly from strain to strain and burns clean.
However I will add that we are phasing this line out for a more effective and FAR cheaper Jacks Pro Hydro. Adjusting ratios to suite. And may even have 600lb of a custom blended salts instead.
PBP works great, and you should add a little extra nitrogen in the first few weeks of bloom, it make a very big difference in the vigor for us. Good luck

Peace

rawman

rawman

From what Ive seen, finished product from users of the pure blend line all tend to have the same smell and taste, individual strains tend to get dominated by the fertilizer and end up with a similarity. Its not immediate, its kind of an after taste thing/exhale after smoking and just smelling the sack or jar. I know a ton of people love it, grow great crops. IMHO I put the Pureblend and advanced nutes in same boat... You can grow great yields, healthy plants, the finished product will all have a similar odor and taste dominated by the fertilizer. The strains lose their uniqueness even seem plasticish. Ive seen alot of stuff grown with these nutes.

my .02

No way I just did a run n ran PBP+ Karma and thats its no additives except for big bud one week between 28-35 and a bit of b'cuzz flavorful at the end every strain looks and smells exceptionally different.

tw2.JPG
original_D_2_.JPG
chem_sister_2_.JPG

Edit*** I didnt notice all the others that said the same thing sorry bro not tryin to flame u to each there there own!

S

Seed Buyer

Botanicares whole product line including nutes have just gone up in price across the board starting this past January.

sealed138

sealed138

First Starfighter
Supporter
I love pbp.
I use floralicious plus, calmag, metabolic bloom/ veg formula, Moab / hammerhead, and protekt silica. Along with pbp bloom hydro.
I also use teas every week or so.
My flowers taste great
I flush for 1 day with final phase, then 7-10 days with. Molasses.
Only prob I have with it is it makes my res filthy.

beast

beast

thanks green punk for your input,my problem is plant health not taste or smell, all my strains come out tasting & smelling completly different, white widow came out completly different then The church ,confedental cheese to northern light blue things are looking better now adjusting ph from 7+ to 6.4 to 6.8 and added exhale c02 bags any advice on proper ph for soil grow..... thank you for everybodys advise.....buds are nice but plants dont look as nice.....Thanks again 4 helping im getting there...Beast

J

Jar Man

Oddly enough I grew out some Hindu Kush last year with PBG & B that did quite well without using any supplements of any sort. But am now working with this new cross AK X Misty from Highlife Seeds that does not like the PB at all. Without employing all their other expensive supplements to reign in the needed micro nute levels, the plants show noticeable nute imbalances and stunted slow growth. The nutes are pricey enough without having to purchase supplements to deliver what the base PBG should already have. Also didn't like the fact that I had to change mixes more often because the PBG would break down rapidly and become ineffective. Often leaving my res. smelling like a funky fish tank if I went too long between mix changes. Have heard good things about Dyna-Gro as being the best stuff around for the price and will be dropping the PBG/B, as Botanicare seems more concerned with finding clever ways to force you to buy supplements and additives than anything else.

J

Jar Man

I love pbp.
I use floralicious plus, calmag, metabolic bloom/ veg formula, Moab / hammerhead, and protekt silica. Along with pbp bloom hydro.
I also use teas every week or so.
My flowers taste great
I flush for 1 day with final phase, then 7-10 days with. Molasses.
Only prob I have with it is it makes my res filthy.

Have to ask is the molases thing I've read about often just a taste issue or does it also enhance yield somehow?

Thanx,
Jar

Tardbuster

Tardbuster

my .02

BUMP. Your 2 cents are worth a million in reality. .

This thread could be used in a scientific study to prove 11 out of 12 grow forum users should not be growing weed.

The only time I bought PBP was to show my lawyer how the smell of local dispensary bud matches it 100%

I ain't smoking that tainted shit, certain a judge would agree. Funny Botanicare is based in Az and its illegal to grow. Thanks for lobbying for us Treg you hypocritical corporate sponsored POS.

If you want fake ass smelling weed that makes you're lungs turn to leather, use this shit!

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

BUMP. Your 2 cents are worth a million in reality. .

This thread could be used in a scientific study to prove 11 out of 12 grow forum users should not be growing weed.

The only time I bought PBP was to show my lawyer how the smell of local dispensary bud matches it 100%

I ain't smoking that tainted shit, certain a judge would agree. Funny Botanicare is based in Az and its illegal to grow. Thanks for lobbying for us Treg you hypocritical corporate sponsored POS.

If you want fake ass smelling weed that makes you're lungs turn to leather, use this shit!

Yeah ok. Revive a five year old thread to re propagate the same silly misinformation.

The only product in there line that could do that is the sweet with the flavorings. They use Esther's that are uptaken into your plant. I am not a fan.

I use pure Blend Pro Grow only in flower after my soil depletes of nutrients and only as much as the plants need.

Each strain. Hell each individual plant from seed tastes and smells different.

your story is a direct result of exaggeration or over fertilizing.

Your statement about scientifically proving bad growers shows your ignorance. Many great growers here. Some of the best I have seen on forums.

Top Bottom