Bottled CO2 use in grow tent.

• Thread starter Planewreck
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Planewreck

Planewreck

A Nobody.
Supporter
I have a 10x10 grow tent and am planning to use CO2 in some form or fashion.Does anyone here use bottled CO2 in their tent?I can get my hands on it super cheap.If yes some intel on what im going to need would be helpful.Thank you guys in advance...

PpmOver9000

PpmOver9000

I am assuming "bottled co2" is synonymous with a co2 tank? In which case you just need a co2 regulator to control the ppm as you go through the different stages. However, co2 is typically used in sealed rooms. Not that it wouldn't work in a tent, but you would end up wasting a lot of it. Just food for thought.

Planewreck

Planewreck

A Nobody.
Supporter
I am assuming "bottled co2" is synonymous with a co2 tank? In which case you just need a co2 regulator to control the ppm as you go through the different stages. However, co2 is typically used in sealed rooms. Not that it wouldn't work in a tent, but you would end up wasting a lot of it. Just food for thought.
If i remember correctly Co2 floats down.These leds so far seem to make the tent only 4 degrees warmer than the adjacent room sealed...or closed loop so to speak with all the vents closed.Allready bought a controller.Im gearing up,i weld alot CO2 costs me diddly a month.

Dub_City405

Dub_City405

They dont really work. Just a money grab. I didnt notice difference i had 3 co2 bags in 4x8.

PpmOver9000

PpmOver9000

Planewreck is going to be using a tank with a regulator which is definitely more effective than bags. The bags are kind of a crapshoot; some of them not emitting any co2 at all and some others just barely going above ambient levels. Don't think I've met anyone who had a stellar experience with them. Anyways, sounds like you're good, just a matter of dialing in the enviromnent to maximize the use of co2. Yea co2 is heavier than air, I always imagined it as an invisible blanket that falls over the canopy.

Planewreck

Planewreck

A Nobody.
Supporter
Planewreck is going to be using a tank with a regulator which is definitely more effective than bags. The bags are kind of a crapshoot; some of them not emitting any co2 at all and some others just barely going above ambient levels. Don't think I've met anyone who had a stellar experience with them. Anyways, sounds like you're good, just a matter of dialing in the enviromnent to maximize the use of co2. Yea co2 is heavier than air, I always imagined it as an invisible blanket that falls over the canopy.
Thought of having small usb fans pointed straight up turned on super low to keep it in the canopy.Think im going to make my own design distribution system.Be cool to see if my time pays off.

PpmOver9000

PpmOver9000

That sounds interesting, never really played with the idea of trying to place co2 other than where it naturally goes. But tinkering is part of the fun haha

Planewreck

Planewreck

A Nobody.
Supporter
That sounds interesting, never really played with the idea of trying to place co2 other than where it naturally goes. But tinkering is part of the fun haha
Two days ago i bought 1000 1inch vacuum tees and 400 feet of quarter inch surgical tubing.Going to make my Scrog net out of it,with a bunch of capillaries injecting bottled CO2 directly into the canopy.Has anyone ever tried this?

PpmOver9000

PpmOver9000

That sounds really cool in theory, it seems like you are quite the builder. Im what I call a google builder lol. I've never supplemented co2 other than via a burner but im excited to see your method all built out

Planewreck

Planewreck

A Nobody.
Supporter
That sounds really cool in theory, it seems like you are quite the builder. Im what I call a google builder lol. I've never supplemented co2 other than via a burner but im excited to see your method all built out
Im a mechanic/fabricator by trade....always tinkering with something.

Ntrstdprty

Ntrstdprty

@Planewreck
Did you get around to doing the co2 trellis idea ?
If so ... how did it work out?
im really interested because I’m trying to do co2 in a 8’x16’

pdasterly

pdasterly

Sort of but i believe my idea will give me better saturation.
the rain system works and is cheap, i just zip tied it around the perimeter of my pvc scrog frame. This my first run with c02 and i have the biggest buds i ever grew, cant wait to see final yield.

Top Bottom