Bottom leaves yellowing/dying outdoor grow

• Thread starter mb131rc
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

mb131rc

Have some of my bottom leaves yellowing and some have even died all the way off. It's like this on all the plants in the area. Been using fox farm nutes following their schedule. These plants have been slightly underfed if anything according to fox farm feeding chart. From the pics obviously an outdoor grow had a decent heart wave but it's the last week but I think it started before the heat wave.

I know yellowing can be caused by basically anything but what's your best guess?

Thanks!

Bottom leaves yellowingdying outdoor grow
Bottom leaves yellowingdying outdoor grow 2
Bottom leaves yellowingdying outdoor grow 3
Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

Top dress each pot with 2 tablespoons of Bone meal as soon as possible. They will need it soon!
Bone meal
Find the best soil you can. Make 2 buckets of this microbe solution.
When microbe solution is read.
Extract
1 litre of very warm water. Add 1/2 a cup of Crosby's Molasses.
Mix very well. Add to bucket of Compost extract. Mix well.

Compost Extract
Make a 20L Bucket.
Use Muskie in the Compost Extract.

Mix 1 Litre of Microbe solution and 1 litre of Compost Extract with Molasses in a watering can.
Top up watering can with rain water. Give each plant 1 watering can once a week.

See what happens.
You won't need any other fertilizer.

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
And maybe get your bags off of the ground to get some air circulation underneath. And maybe away from the wall so the canopy gets good air circulation. Make sure you are getting a good wet, dry, cycle. Look pretty decent overall! Except for a few leaves!

Beachbumm

Beachbumm

And maybe get your bags off of the ground to get some air circulation underneath. And maybe away from the wall so the canopy gets good air circulation. Make sure you are getting a good wet, dry, cycle. Look pretty decent overall! Except for a few leaves!
Agree, could be septoria, not a biggie outdoors.

Screenshot 20240528 085300
Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

This is just super plant food will help them.
I think you are a little light on nitrogen.

M

mb131rc

Problem is working it's way up there stalk IDK if I'm under feeding them. Was originally worried of overfeeding as a first time grower. Plz help!!!!!!
PXL 20240617 004023150

M

mb131rc

And yes I know they are drooping, missed a watering cycle while out of town. They have since perked up after watering

J

JohnnyAppleweed1776

Hi. Its natural for fan leaves on the bottom to fall off during the course of the plant's growth. The plant redirects energy to new growth continuously and therefore older leaves will fall off. Well fertilized and well-watered plants tend to drop less leaves as
the plant redirects nutrients and water in a quest to grow.

Natural fading to yellow from green of old growth especially at the bottom of the plant is very common and I wouldn't even worry. The plant will sacrifice leaves that don't get enough light and use new growth to reach for the light. However, you should pick or cut off yellowed leaves and clean the area around the plant from any dead leaves. Insects are that are harmful for the plant will attack weakened plants so I remove mine to reduce the chances of pests.

What soil are you using?
You said that you are using Fox Farm, is it the trio or another line?
I wouldn't even fertilize them without a good watering sschedule. Fertilizer will burn the plant without the proper amount of water. You need to hone in on how much water this plant needs.

My advice is to make sure you are not over or underwatering. Dial in how much water it needs. Water every day if you can with just enough and more frequently just enough to perk her up for healthy growth.
As you move forward give her just enough water to keep her perky and from drooping each day.

Fertilizer strengths and doses on label are meant for healthy plants. Keep that in mind.

Overall your plant looks like its had some drought and long periods with the leaves drooping. Don't go crazy and ruin the plant but you should cleanly remove all the dying and dead leaves. Use your gut and know when a leaf no longer serves a purpose to the plant and remove them. Get on a good watering schedule and hold on tto the fertilizers until the plant recovers. Then you can gradually start adding fertilizers again at quarter strength, then half strength and so on off what is listed on the bottle.

I hope this information helps!!!

Top Bottom