Boveda Packs (Disposable Humidity Additive)

• Thread starter GooberfrupstateNY
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GooberfrupstateNY

GooberfrupstateNY

Hey guys, just wondering, how long can you use a Boveda Pack? I mean to say, now that my cannabis is done curing for a month post-drying, do you/can you/should you leave it there so long as your using your cannabis? I only started using them recently and they're a dynamite and cheap product. I'm thinking it can't hurt to let them hang around and use themselves up, but not sure. Does anyone have any "long-term" use experience with them? Thanks

Dub_City405

Dub_City405

I use them a long time. Damn near last from harvest to harvest in the jar. Dont really time it. If they are hard i throw them away.

Moshmen

Moshmen

Bought a pack over. Year a go they are still good I just don’t use em - well I use one in a tray scraping jar and yeah it’s a year old

GooberfrupstateNY

GooberfrupstateNY

Thanks, but what I probably should've asked is: is there any harm in leaving the packs in my 1-quart mason jar until I'm finished with the particular strain? It says on my hygrometer, that with a 62% Boveda pack inside the jar presently that it's registering the humidity at 55%. . .that should be perfect, even for the "long haul," however long or short (lol) that shall be, right?

GooberfrupstateNY

GooberfrupstateNY

Thanks, but what I probably should've asked is: is there any harm in leaving the packs in my 1-quart mason jar until I'm finished with the particular strain? It says on my hygrometer, that with a 62% Boveda pack inside the jar presently that it's registering the humidity at 55%. . .that should be perfect, even for the "long haul," however long or short (lol) that shall be, right?
Actually, to be clearer, by "finished" I mean until all the herb is vaped/smoked. . .

Nuttso_642

Nuttso_642

So your RH in the cure jar is 55% WITH the boveda pack? Mine is 55% WITHOUT and I'm rushing to get some packs to get my RH up to 60% at least.
I'm in CA and, from what I've been reading I should be at 60% to start.

middleagedude

middleagedude

You can leave boveda packs in til you smoke all the weed, or until the pack dries up. Whichever comes first. That’s what I do and it works well.

and I agree with Nick, 55-60 RH is good. My packs are 58s which I prefer over 62 for my big bong hits.

Top Bottom