Box Truck Grow !! Possible to get a quality grow inside a 14 foot Box Truck ?(pic inside)

• Thread starter BoxManKellz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

BoxManKellz

Rent in the Silicon Valley is EXTREMELY high , me and my friend own a box truck , and we are wondering if we can pull off a quality grow in it ?
Box truck grow  possible to get a quality grow inside a 14 foot box truck pic inside

FTCG

FTCG

You are in business. I can see room for clones and a veg area in the top compartment.

What are the dimensions?

Looking like 4000w's with air cooled reflectors, and possibly a portable air conditioner/dehumidifier. You may need to modify some exhaust ports. And of course some wall mount fans.

Fix up the inside with some relective material, those big metallic panels or some white poly would do.

Run electrical, 30 amps minimum, I would run a 40 amp circuit just to be safe and avoid any complications.

Hang some lights, 4 x 600w's or 4 x 1000w's.

Test air conditioning unit with the lights on, see what the lowest temperature you can get is. Understand that temp may rise when you have a lot of plant mass in there.

See if you need to make any further modifications to keep your temps and humidity where it needs to be.

If you environment is sound, them you can begin.

If not, make whatever adjustments needed to get a proper environment.

B

BoxManKellz

You are in business. I can see room for clones and a veg area in the top compartment.

What are the dimensions?

Looking like 4000w's with air cooled reflectors, and possibly a portable air conditioner/dehumidifier. You may need to modify some exhaust ports. And of course some wall mount fans.

Fix up the inside with some relective material, those big metallic panels or some white poly would do.

Run electrical, 30 amps minimum, I would run a 40 amp circuit just to be safe and avoid any complications.

Hang some lights, 4 x 600w's or 4 x 1000w's.

Test air conditioning unit with the lights on, see what the lowest temperature you can get is. Understand that temp may rise when you have a lot of plant mass in there.

See if you need to make any further modifications to keep your temps and humidity where it needs to be.

If you environment is sound, them you can begin.

If not, make whatever adjustments needed to get a proper environment.
DOPE ! I’m not sure of the dimensions but I can get them today as well as pictures of the inside a little later. It definitely has a nice size top compartment for veg.

B

BoxManKellz

yup...great. i can easily hotwire that sucker and drive off.

let me know where ya park
Lol shit you from Detroit you probably can turn the ignition with your bare hands. But my boy breeds Bullies so you might have a unwanted passenger lol But naw we definitely are trying to figure out the safest place but that shouldn’t be too hard tho we have a few options.

Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter
Could pull off a very nice grow in that, but I would highly recommend painting it white. Or better yet park under a structure that provides shade and airflow. Cali sun in July on an all black vehicle will give any A/C unit a run for it's money. Other than that, good luck and can't wait to see the results!

RippedTorn

RippedTorn

Lol its a plant. You know it doesn't need a square grow cabinet to grow. Turning a useful thing like a vehicle into an immobile enclosed space for some rooted plant shoots.. Look what prohibition has done to us..

Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter
Lol its a plant. You know it doesn't need a square grow cabinet to grow. Turning a useful thing like a vehicle into an immobile enclosed space for some rooted plant shoots.. Look what prohibition has done to us..

I think the main point here is he doesn't own or rent property to grow on. Being in Cali, I'm sure the rent in San Jose is more than most of us here can afford, and that truck is a gas guzzler so unless he's got a moving company, might as well grow in it to make some income.. I've seen people do a lot worse. At least this way he can easily move his op if trouble arises.

I actually would love to start designing and building 100% self sufficient, portable, livable grow rooms out of RV's. I was a mechanic for many years before I went full time nurseryman. Highly interested in seeing how this turns out!

If you need any electrical/mechanical advice, BoxManKellz, I'd be glad to help!

the rrock

the rrock

Hopefully you have a driveway,breezeway to park the vehicle that is somewhat private,if not I give you guys not much chance of starting a grow,much less finishing,sounds like a pipe dream. Do you already have lights, exhaust fan,AC or some kind of make up air,how are you going to keep them watered without drawing attention or mask the odor.Sobay has pretty strict rules about vehicles sitting without being moved after two week its gonna get towed. It would be easier renting a storage locker(room) alot of these facilities are even air conditioned now,Or even a POD would be less conspicuous than a truck,you can even get old storage containers for a reasonable price.

B

BoxManKellz

Could pull off a very nice grow in that, but I would highly recommend painting it white. Or better yet park under a structure that provides shade and airflow. Cali sun in July on an all black vehicle will give any A/C unit a run for it's money. Other than that, good luck and can't wait to see the results!
Clutch thank you

B

BoxManKellz

I think the main point here is he doesn't own or rent property to grow on. Being in Cali, I'm sure the rent in San Jose is more than most of us here can afford, and that truck is a gas guzzler so unless he's got a moving company, might as well grow in it to make some income.. I've seen people do a lot worse. At least this way he can easily move his op if trouble arises.

I actually would love to start designing and building 100% self sufficient, portable, livable grow rooms out of RV's. I was a mechanic for many years before I went full time nurseryman. Highly interested in seeing how this turns out!

If you need any electrical/mechanical advice, BoxManKellz, I'd be glad to help!

detroitjoe

detroitjoe

Lol shit you from Detroit you probably can turn the ignition with your bare hands. But my boy breeds Bullies so you might have a unwanted passenger lol But naw we definitely are trying to figure out the safest place but that shouldn’t be too hard tho we have a few options.
hahahahahahahahahaha.
aye man, make sure you scrub any meta data from images before publishing....your plate...etc

Top Bottom