Brain storming, coco/hydro.. container types?

• Thread starter 20kwDreamer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
20kwDreamer

20kwDreamer

I'm just planning and gathering some ideas. As of today I'm pretty decided on trees, never had an interest in them but plant count is a real variable.

I want to be able to feed 2-3 times per day, so I'm probably going to go with 50/50 hydroton/coco. I am thinking of a 10 gallon container, hole drilled all the way at the lowest point. In other words NO 2" bottom res like a Hempy.

For now I only have 4x 1000w Hortilux in my stash. Not sure how to arrange so if you'd like to make a suggestion it would be appreciated.

The other big question, moving substrate around is a huge red flag in my eyes. I also read a few times that the more re-use the coco the better it works due to the good bennies taking hold.

Would I be able to sift/hoe and reuse for a couple of runs, obviously having to add back as needed. What nutrients would you all suggest? I've always ran GH 3 part then 2 part (Lucas) then moved to FloraNova and a few enzyme products. Not sure if I can reuse coco after a FloraNova run, i've always tossed my
substrates (rockwool, peat/verm/perl/lime, hydroton - yes hydroton also). I don't mind switching nutes, sort of like the idea of organics but I'm a performance driven 21st century digital boy.

The Terps

The Terps

I doubt using any synthetic bloom booster will leave many beneficials I would probably go with a fabric pot I like g lites from geo pot to get better aeration and drainage also let your container dry faster so you could water more. I was talking to Chris the nor Cal gh rep a couple weeks ago told me he use the 3 part with additives and then week 5 added the general organic biothrive bloom(im pretty sure that's what its called but not a 100% right now but their veganic base nute) on top of the the 3 part and additives. So you would get the best of both worlds yield and quality

20kwDreamer

20kwDreamer

This is what Ive ran, dosage varies by genetics and how they look..

Floralicious Bloom (not Plus, entire life cycle)
FloraNova Grow (start to really early flower)
FloraNova Bloom (flower to chop)
Liquid KoolBloom (mid veg to early flower)
Powder KoolBloom (mid flower till chop)

I used to use this stuff called T-Harz and Pirate by a company called Cutting Edge, I don't know if it actually did anything because I used it randomly and at sporadic dosages. They are still in business but no longer offering those goods. I was turned on to it by a grower I became online buddies with.

Is it true that KoolBloom or DripClean would kill my bennies? With this type of regiment should I even bother with bennies? Would I be able to sift then rinse my substrate with DripClean to reuse?

The Terps

The Terps

Cutting edge has great stuff out there and they just released a bunch of new products. But for your question synthetic nuts especially don't help your bens but also won't wipeout your entire population in one feeding. Having bens in your medium is a major plus though and in my option is definitely worth it I try to brew a batch of tea at least once a week to reinnoculate all the bens

J

Jalisco Kid

If you are vegging for awhile I would go with 20 gal. But we all have our own definition what trees are. I have found it easier to hit 3 elbows with a 20 gal container running a chow mix. Over the years I have found I gain more replacing my chow. It might work a few times but one bad problem really knocks your lb/harvest avg down.JK

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
I have been reusing my chow for a year in beds. I always amend between runs with root pack, EWC, and growmore fish and kelp meal (powdered). Replacing all that substrate each time would be insane for me, as this particular spot is on the second floor. So far so good...

I use a combination of raw salts (synthetics) and organics, plus the og biowar weekly. Synthetic bloom boosters: yeah you need to be careful as anything over 50ppm P can be detrimental to certain species. That's why moving to raw salts is a good idea. Being able to tailor your nutrients according to plant growth and phase is a huge benefit.

cc503

cc503

I have been reusing my chow for a year in beds. I always amend between runs with root pack, EWC, and growmore fish and kelp meal (powdered). Replacing all that substrate each time would be insane for me, as this particular spot is on the second floor. So far so good...

I use a combination of raw salts (synthetics) and organics, plus the og biowar weekly. Synthetic bloom boosters: yeah you need to be careful as anything over 50ppm P can be detrimental to certain species. That's why moving to raw salts is a good idea. Being able to tailor your nutrients according to plant growth and phase is a huge benefit.
im having a hard time finding application rates of Kelp meal for coco how much are you applying per square foot of your bed?

Latest posts

Top Bottom