Branches or leaves growing from under the sprout leaves

• Thread starter StrykerX
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
StrykerX

StrykerX

Started this indica from seed. It's been 15 days since the root popped out and I planted it. I just noticed this weird growth from under the sprout leaves? Never seen anything like this and wondered if anyone else has?

Branches or leaves growing from under the sprout leaves
Branches or leaves growing from under the sprout leaves 2
Branches or leaves growing from under the sprout leaves 3
Matthewstever

Matthewstever

That's trippy. I had one once that sprouted a branch out of the center of a leaf.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Started this indica from seed. It's been 15 days since the root popped out and I planted it. I just noticed this weird growth from under the sprout leaves? Never seen anything like this and wondered if anyone else has?
i wouldnt pay much mind to it,that plant looks great,them baby leaves are food anyway,that why it is shriveled up,the plant eats them and that is a indicator for most growers to start feeding,if that trips you wait to you come across one that throws nothing but single leaves out hahaah,honest opinion ,i believe this is from cross breeding the plants,sexing them early in cups also does this which can carry over to the seeds,but not really unusal these days

StrykerX

StrykerX

That's very interesting information about the plant eating the leaves. Its definitely a cross breed. The strain is gorilla grapes. I found a seed in the local dispensary bag. I usually dont grow bag seed but really loved the quality of this particular batch grown locally.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

That's very interesting information about the plant eating the leaves. Its definitely a cross breed. The strain is gorilla grapes. I found a seed in the local dispensary bag. I usually dont grow bag seed but really loved the quality of this particular batch grown locally.
there it is gorrila glue and blue dream are crazy growing plants,just tangled mess hahaha

stanknugzz77

stanknugzz77

Just for future reference, those "sprout leaves" are cotyledons. Your plant looks beautiful! Good luck with your grow! Positive vibes...

Edit: Is it Cherry Pie that is pretty infamous for having bud sites where the leaflets meet the petioles? I believe that is one of my favorite cannabis mutations.

~nugzz

Last edited:
StrykerX

StrykerX

Lol thanks! I couldnt spell cotyledons and didnt want to looks to stupid on my first post!!! Also to lazy to google and copy and paste the word! Ha thanks for the information.

stanknugzz77

stanknugzz77

Lol thanks! I couldnt spell cotyledons and didnt want to looks to stupid on my first post!!! Also to lazy to google and copy and paste the word! Ha thanks for the information.
It's all good brother. I still learn something new daily. Positive vibes...

~nugzz

StrykerX

StrykerX

Another weird growth on my gorilla grapes indica plant... Leaves growing out from the weirdest spot.

20200210 174836

Latest posts

Top Bottom