Brand New :0)

• Thread starter A NewPhase
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A NewPhase

A NewPhase

hello,
Im a new grower (waiting on legislation actually) which isnt a bad thing, it gives me time to at least get the mechanics ironed out, tent, lites, medium, nutes yadda yadda yadda Lol.....

Im love the idea of a 4x4 tent. I’ll be Growing in my basement which is a solid 45RH/68°. Ive watched it inadvertently over the last few years trying to keep it dry.

I really like the 288 samsung 301 boards. Im hoping (4) of them with one driver per pair shed enough light.....

As to Growing, i dont know a thing other than what i have read over the last year or so, you folks have nerves of steel, some Grows go haywire.

Last edited:
A NewPhase

A NewPhase

Welcome to the farm. Pop some seeds and get the show on the road!

Reading is great but growing is far more rewarding :)

I cant wait ! Im in a very particular place in my life, i must wait :0/

Following growers journals are so informative, until i can legally grow i have to wait ;0)

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
I cant wait ! Im in a very particular place in my life, i must wait :0/

Following growers journals are so informative, until i can legally grow i have to wait ;0)

Oh no worries. Just figured if I could nudge ya a little maybe you’d take the plunge. But no biggie. I understand completely. I was there too until recently myself. Hope you can pop some seeds soon. Until then enjoy the grow journals :-)

A NewPhase

A NewPhase

Oh no worries. Just figured if I could nudge ya a little maybe you’d take the plunge. But no biggie. I understand completely. I was there too until recently myself. Hope you can pop some seeds soon. Until then enjoy the grow journals :)

Thanx JWM2, soon enough, we may only be letting medical prescription home growers first, its all up in the air right now :0/

A NewPhase

A NewPhase

Welcome and good growing, whenever you get started...
Thanx Dan :0)

I cant believe the list of necessities
(mechanics) needed. I’ve enjoyed this planning phase.

Last edited:
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Thanx Dan :0)

I cant believe the list of necessities
(mechanics) needed. I’ve enjoyed this planning phase.

A well equipped garden isnt super cheap, but considering the price of pot it pays for itself relatively quickly.
That said I've grown excellent pot in some ridiculously shabby conditions, though my success mainly boiled down to luck. The whole poi t of a well equipped garden is to eliminate as much of the luck factor as possible.

Best of luck on your new adventure, growing is one of the most exciting and nerve wracking things all at once lol. But it's extremely rewarding when you pull it off.

A NewPhase

A NewPhase

A well equipped garden isnt super cheap, but considering the price of pot it pays for itself relatively quickly.
That said I've grown excellent pot in some ridiculously shabby conditions, though my success mainly boiled down to luck. The whole poi t of a well equipped garden is to eliminate as much of the luck factor as possible.

Best of luck on your new adventure, growing is one of the most exciting and nerve wracking things all at once lol. But it's extremely rewarding when you pull it off.

Hey DB,
Im due to retire in a year, so this will occupy my time nicely !

I agree with ur sentiment on preparedness, i’ll try to actually eliminate as many variables as possible, thanx for the advice, i am really looking forward to being a grower.
Im also looking forward to the yield :0)

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Hey DB,
Im due to retire in a year, so this will occupy my time nicely !

I agree with ur sentiment on preparedness, i’ll try to actually eliminate as many variables as possible, thanx for the advice, i am really looking forward to being a grower.
Im also looking forward to the yield :0)

Cheers man. I just reread my post, I write that before my coffee this morning. Only now do I see the irony of wishing you luck, after just explaining how a good garden removes as much of the luck factor as possible.. lol Good grief.

A NewPhase

A NewPhase

Cheers man. I just reread my post, I write that before my coffee this morning. Only now do I see the irony of wishing you luck, after just explaining how a good garden removes as much of the luck factor as possible.. lol Good grief.

Naw, ur good :0) everything has an expected amount of luck !

Nugg

Nugg

Welcome to the farm...best advice I can give is..dont over think it.. remember this plant grows all by it self without fancy equipment all over the world...it wants to live..the less you do the better the chances you don't kill it.?. More you grow it the more you learn and start working on improving....for example...I can run a complete grow start to finish with nothing more then my well water..well little pH adjusted...that may not be the best of plants but they make it...idk good luck bud..

Last edited by a moderator:
A NewPhase

A NewPhase

Welcome to the farm...best advice I can give isis..dont over think it.. remember this plant grows all by it self without fancy equipment all over the world...it wants to live..the less you do the better the chances you don't kill it.?. More you grow it the more you learn and start working on improving....for example...I can run a complete grow start to finish with nothing more then my well water..well little pH adjusted...that may not be the best of plants but they make it...idk good luck bud..

You said it all !

Im gonna be in Amsterdam in may of this year, there are a couple seed stores there, id like to ship some seeds back home, but it would be nice to meet the folks who ship em out :0)

A NewPhase

A NewPhase

Great choice on 4 HLG 288 boards in a 4x4. Thats what I run. I run 2 288's in my 3x3 veg.

How do you approach seedlings and new veg with ur LED’s do you dial back the output, increase distance ???

My plan is using two drivers incase one fails.....

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
How do you approach seedlings and new veg with ur LED’s do you dial back the output, increase distance ???

My plan is using two drivers incase one fails.....
I keep my qb boards about 30-32" away with seedling or clones for my set up. Everybodys environment is different even if they live next door to ya. Some people will keep them 12-18" from the canopy. It took me a while to figure out why my plants seemed off, kinda droopy and not very vibrant. I raised my lights finally after trying everything else and they bounced back quickly. It wasnt the heat at the top of the canopy as my leaves were about 76 degrees at the top. It was the intensity of the led lights. In flower I keep them 24" or higher from the top canopy. I also only have my veg light turned up to 120 watts out of 280 watts max. You should also get you a kilowatt wall plug in. This will show you how many true watts you are pulling for the light from the outlet. I have one for flower and one for veg.

Latest posts

Top Bottom