Breaking Trichomes

• Thread starter dorjewright
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
dorjewright

dorjewright

Looks like the heads of the trichomes are breaking off leaving just the shaft. I'm at 8 weeks for trainwreck, and super silver. The pistils are about all brown, calyxes swollen, but trichome heads were not amber more cloudy. This morning a lot of headless shafts and maybe 25 to 30 % of the headed ones were very amber.??? Too much heat, overripe? Can the trichomes change so fast?
Small buds are the ssh, large trainwreck

DSCN1441
DSCN1443
DSCN1452
DSCN1450
DSCN1451
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Those girls look plenty-good plenty-DONE to me, dorje. Have you been tapering off the feed, or just giving water? In other words, how ready are you for them to be pulled? I have never had an issue with trichs breaking on live plants, ever. Is the RH in the area very low? That may well have an affect. Either way, they sure do look finished to my view. They have the fatness.

dorjewright

dorjewright

Tapering the feed yes (eliminating the EJ grow and diluting the bloom). With the earth juice I hoped I might be able to get away without flushing much. I was figuring another week. The RH has been high 60% or so. But I think I'll start a selective chop.

dorjewright

dorjewright

Chopping them all except for the og ( Pistils still white ). Once I got them on the table about 30 to 40% amber. Thanks for the help.

Latest posts

Top Bottom