Breeders harvest prediction (must be 5 words), HA!

• Thread starter iffey
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
iffey

iffey

The breeder says 63 days to harvest of their strain (whatever). Does anyone else add days to their recommendation?
My logic is that my environment probably may be different from the breeders (probably not as good as theirs). Transplanting, defoliation and other cock-ups delay growth by days.
Yes, focus on tricome colors too. Kinda like soccer extra time at the end of the match for non soccer related 'time outs' while the clock is still running.

TripsRabbit

TripsRabbit

I just go by if they are still drinking and growing new white pistils. When it stops drinking it's done.
I water mine in coco 2x/ day, the last week they slow down on drinking so I water 1x/day, and then the last day or two the pot stays heavy and I get runoff almost immediately when I start watering.
Unless you have a microscope that you can take pics with you can't accurately gauge trichome color imo.

Madmax

Madmax

Every plant ive grown inside has been late by 2-3 weeks.but if i take off the time it took to start budding after flipping its pretty close.vegging your plant longer seems to speed up start of flowering more than a plant vegged less..ive actually bought a pr of rapidled far red pucks to help initiate flowering earlier after flip.they are spose to cut a week off so im keen to see if it does..

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Anything the breeder says is an estimate based on thier grow, not yours. Use it as a guide.

iffey

iffey

I have used the same wait for white hairs, then start counting bloom. Yes it does add 2 weeks to bloom (aprox). I recognize environmental differences will change harvest time thank you.
I do have a 'scope' 60x and can see tricome color vividly, no need for pictures. There was a time I ran all strains to 85 days.. Dont do that any longer but most time is was 2-4 weeks after breeder times. Thinkin my not perfect environment and stress caused by defoliation would cause delays in the harvest time.

Top Bottom