Breeding Lowryder#2

• Thread starter FastForward
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

FastForward

As a side project/backup plan I've got some lowryder#2 unfemmed (femmed are v. hard to get hold of atm). Because they have a very small or no veg phase and autoflower I'm told they can't be cloned well.

However - if I've got 20 unfemmed seeds then is there any good reason why I can't follow TexasKid's guide and just knock up some of the girls to get seeds from? I like the idea of the lowryders but the price is ridiculous imho...so if I can make my own seed from them it could really work. Anyone tried this?

F

fi_di_bot

hi i've done the same work with lowryder#1, made about 3 generation of homemade seeds, and now i just did the same thing with 4 white dwarf (ww x low#2), i got only one female and 3 good male. so i left the 3 males pollened the gal for 2 weeks. after 3 weeks the first seeds were ready to be collect (fast).

from a single wd i got over 400 good seeds and more not fully mature, so why don't make your home made f2??? :happy:

F

FastForward

Nice one fi - that's exactly what I had in mind....just let them get preggers from the males. I'm going to grow 2-3 of them in a completely separate space and see what happens.

Have you tried crossing the lowryder with any of your faves? Does it pass on the auto gene every time??

F

fi_di_bot

Hi FF,
at the mo i 've do some home made crosses with AF strains:

Ml01 = Nirvana masterkush (skunk pheno) x lowryder#1 f3;
Malowiee = Unknow indica by seedsman x lowryder#1 f3;
Lo.cos = Original california orange skunk (hqs) x lowryder#2 f2;

with the ml01 i do a first backcross and got Ml02 = Ml01 x lowryder#2 f2

at the mo i'm waiting to collect malowie2 = malowiee x dyesel ryder.

every crosses done by me showed some ruderalis trait, they put the first flowers on the 4 and 5 internode while the gals put out the 9 or 10 pairs of true leaves but no autoflowering, usually the af genes are recessive, so at least 3 backcross are need to pass it.

jah_hoover

jah_hoover

hi i've done the same work with lowryder#1, made about 3 generation of homemade seeds, and now i just did the same thing with 4 white dwarf (ww x low#2), i got only one female and 3 good male. so i left the 3 males pollened the gal for 2 weeks. after 3 weeks the first seeds were ready to be collect (fast).

from a single wd i got over 400 good seeds and more not fully mature, so why don't make your home made f2??? :happy:

i just did lol

i got 120 seeds from lr2 and all seeds look well coloured with seed veins and look 100% viable

F

FastForward

Hi FF,
at the mo i 've do some home made crosses with AF strains:

Ml01 = Nirvana masterkush (skunk pheno) x lowryder#1 f3;
Malowiee = Unknow indica by seedsman x lowryder#1 f3;
Lo.cos = Original california orange skunk (hqs) x lowryder#2 f2;

with the ml01 i do a first backcross and got Ml02 = Ml01 x lowryder#2 f2

at the mo i'm waiting to collect malowie2 = malowiee x dyesel ryder.

every crosses done by me showed some ruderalis trait, they put the first flowers on the 4 and 5 internode while the gals put out the 9 or 10 pairs of true leaves but no autoflowering, usually the af genes are recessive, so at least 3 backcross are need to pass it.

Great stuff fi - let us know how they come out. In terms of the AF gene, is the 3x backcross needed for probabilities sake? 1/4 chance of the recessive gene being passed, so 3 gens to ensure it??

F

fi_di_bot

after reading many report about breeding with lowryder&co., i see that usually are needed 3 backcross to get the Af trait. but i know some guy that got a good % of the f1 seeds carrying the autoflowering (about 50% if my memory don't fail) crossing some low with a mazar.

i only do the second backcross with the "ml", but the plants that came out from the seeds are ridicoulous, 'couse i 've used a hermie as father of the first cross. here on the forum you can find lot of good articles (the best ones for me) about breediing and so on, give a look so you will not make my same mistakes :D

Top Bottom