Breeding With S1 ?

• Thread starter Califlower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Califlower

Califlower

I have some self pollinated created seeds. I know this limits the chromosomes, but is this a bad thing as far as crossing something else to these females? I'm just not sure of all of the breeding implications down the road.

slausongardens

slausongardens

people used to think so because s1s are basically made from hermies so we always assumed anything made from an s1 would be prone to hermaphrodite but everyone started breeding with strains like og kush which is basically an s1 and a lot of great strains have come out of og crosses.. also when the sts and cs came out and breeders started releasing s1s and fems we saw a lot of great strains that didnt hermie.. such as all of raskals beans.. after seeing how bomb his beans came out and they were still stable enough and very very low percentage of hermies it really changed my mind and im sure a lot of others as well.

so i guess it all depends on the breeder.. some people got it down and test theyre product before releasing them to make sure they dont herm and theres a lot of amazing s1's out there that most breeders have started to breed with. im starting to think clone onlys and passing clones around will be a thing of the past especially with all the new diseases popping up.. it might be optimal to just go for the s1s and find the closest pheno to the original.

some people still dont breed with s1's but i think its safe to say that it doesnt matter. most of the new crosses and future crosses are bred with an s1 somewhere along the line. but hermies are still possible depending on the genetics and the breeder.

H

happy b

Iv got a couple of s2 girl scout cookies on the go at the moment . They were made from Matt Riots reversed stock by a crew called dirty water organics . I haven't tried s2 before so I don't know what to expect . Although I'm not to worried about herms

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

The scene evolves as do breeders and there's definitely a market for damn near everything! I personally prefer regs but proof has put my foot in my mouth on fems....they can be done and will continue...peace

CannasaurusR

CannasaurusR

No pro here, but s1's are great for personal growers seeking that gem. Clone it, keep it forever, pollen chuck for your own. Selling s1's on the market at the quantities and prices they are now, is just tool-baggery IMO. Look at all the carribean landraces, polluted by foreign hybrids and crappy s1's grown outdoors. It only took a couple of years in Jamaica. The seedpool and domestic production will suffer to the point where we'll all be buying stabilized cannabis from Monsanto. The gods of s1's will blame someone else, they always do already. If universal legality happens, it may slow things down as elite stabilized genetics would become more available, and cheap as dirt. If your seeds are worth a buck on an open market, most new breeders (doing it for 'love of cannabis') will be gone faster than their reputation. Everyone wants to grow the best, but we don't live next door to real breeders and a poser is phone call or a login away.

ErieGenetics

ErieGenetics

Its all about how the s1 id done If its derived from hermie dom genes it will atleast carry the resesive traight. If it was a forced asexual plant that was typically stable in a normal environment it will not herm in those same conditions. Sadly the old thinking that plants are like humans and if there inbred dilute there gene pool is stupid . Ive done much testing and would never buy fem seed before . Now ive seen both list vigour and shit genetics fouled up by feminizing seed. Ive also seen very vigour and stability even when tried to make them herm via light , or nutes,colodial silver can be used on stable plants to derive fem pollen or light sensitive sativa plants will grow a few bannanas if light cycle is manipulated got them to think the equatorial season for flowing is over. I have created very vigourous s1s Using this practice also progeny from there cross breeds are stable . Humboldt seeds is a good example there fem gear blue dream,green crack Are very vigourous and stable.

ErieGenetics

ErieGenetics

This is a product of my testing s1 seed purple haze a clone given to me along time ago extremely light sensitive and would get just a few bannanas at it nodes when exposure to light intermittent in flowing. I used this to self pollinate it and pollinate her sister clones the bxd her and cross her with other stable purple hybrids rite now using grimace ,pieface ,grape smuggler , Polynesian cookie haze, with a reacuring male faceoff og, then crossed there progeny the reacuring traigt that was recesive was a stalky purple that still was vigourous and stable. In my experience these don't lose there vigou as clones until a s4or s5 is as far as ive taken it before crossing back to a similar male with desired characteristics i.e purple,dense,squat,kushy,grape, isolating these traight threw only selecting phenos that express desired traight while still having hybrid vigour there needs to be other stable lines introduced with me genes to this pool

FishGutz19

FishGutz19

"Like begets like, but not always."

Maybe stress test the potentials by playing around with environmental factors, then use CS to reverse the ones that don't go intersex.
That's honestly the only way to go about breeding, s1 or not.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Personally I don’t give a shit where or how the genetics came to be. As long as I’ve got something worth growing I’m happy.

Latest posts

Top Bottom