Bright yellow leaves in flower only

• Thread starter Green Giant
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Green Giant

Green Giant

I would say 90% of my leaves have turned bright yellow.

I run two rooms both 11' x 13'. Veg room everything looks great, the flower room is where all the yellow is.

Started with 7 plants in on March 23 everything looked good for approx the first 3-4 weeks, I was battling mites for the first two weeks (mites are completely gone within the first two weeks of flower, and are still gone) then the leaves started turning yellow. I didn't notice that much until I moved a new plant from veg into flower, and oh man what a difference in color.

The only thing I changed up was I started using molasses with my nutes about the time this problem started.

I add a new plant into flower every 7 days, they are not as yellow, but are starting to turn.

Not sure whats causing this.... Please help!

Here are some specs

Flower time to date is 5 + weeks
Room temp 74-75* @ 40% RH Rh does go up and down
Nutes General Hydro go pack at around 65% recommended strength
Molasses brand is Grandma's molasses unsulfered @ one tablespoon per 5 G of water/nutes
PH @ 6.2 every feed
Soil is 50/50 FF Ocean forest/Pro Mix
Feed time is every other day
Lights are 1000w HPS X 2

This is a pic of my flower room. The rest are in the flower room.
Bright yellow leaves in flower only
Bright yellow leaves in flower only 2
Bright yellow leaves in flower only 3
Bright yellow leaves in flower only 4

Bright yellow leaves in flower only 5
LetsSeeYa

LetsSeeYa

Have you looked at your roots lately, i know you dont have the mites, but could be root aphids. Its odd that one tent is ok and the other isn't, which is what im worried about and thats effecting the other tent. Its gotta be a bug in there for a healthy plant to change tents and simply get yellowing leaves. How fast will a plant start getting yellow after they go into the flower tent?

''Aphids will produce winged flyers when the population reaches a critical level, but for the most part they stay put and enjoy the root buffet. I've read that aphids are all female and don't require a male to reproduce. They don't lay eggs they lay live 'pregnant' female nymphs. And yes the root damage can present like a number of defs. Which is what I thought initially too. But leaves started dropping way too fast and yellowing way too quick. I've seen black spots in a few places and weird stuff going on at the leaf margins. Another tell is the way a leaf shrivels, if its an uneven shrivel like 2 blades on one side go crispy dry and the rest of the blades are still wet and a lil green.''

The above info is not mine, but thought it may help. I just do not want your other tent effected too.

LSY

silverhaze

silverhaze

what kind of lights are you vegging with? Had a bit of this myself from light/lumen shock. Starts right at the switch and in a couple of weeks, everything starts to yellow. If it's a def it's probably N.

Green Giant

Green Giant

I have not looked at the roots except in the veg room during transplant time. They start to yellow in approx two weeks. I do have what looks like fungus gnats, but it doesn't seam like they bother much.

As far a lighting = 1k MH in veg then 2k HPS in flower. I thought it was a light burn or light bleach, some of my plants are close to the hood, but its also on the shorter sour strawberry thats about 1.5 feet from the light hood.

V

vierundzwanzig

seriously
after answering the question backwards i realized you re fine. it could have possibly used more nitrogen if you want to harvest green plants. you and your fertilizers are in harmony with the plant finishing.

Green Giant

Green Giant

seriously
after answering the question backwards i realized you re fine. it could have possibly used more nitrogen if you want to harvest green plants. you and your fertilizers are in harmony with the plant finishing.

If it was only on the 8 weeker I would think maybe the same thing, but the 10 weeker has done the same thing too. Plus this is the same strain(s) I have run in the past, and it did not do this, besides in the 2 week flush.

V

vierundzwanzig

read one of your other post and concluded it must be related to the earlier mite damage you corrected or a combo of stress from bugs and double the light intensity in the flower room. try some earth worm castings as a top dress?

Green Giant

Green Giant

read one of your other post and concluded it must be related to the earlier mite damage you corrected or a combo of stress from bugs and double the light intensity in the flower room. try some earth worm castings as a top dress?

I have plants that went through the same mite treatment that's still in veg and very green, so not totally convinced that it either.

Bubblehaze

Bubblehaze

I had the same problem.
Mine was due to the fact my water was coming out at 400 ppm so I was watering them with 600-800 ppms total and under fed them for a bit. Gave them more nutrients problem solved. The real yellow leaves fell off the rest greened up.Mine are flushing and the greenest they been the whole time. It costed some yield but didn't hurt the quality.
Also are you watering with tap where I am now I have seem to have allot of chlorine in the water could be slowing or preventing the nutrient uptake. I filter mine no r/o.
P.S. Every time I use that ocean forest in my mixes on indoor plants I had problems. I switched to strait sunshine mix aggregate and all my problems I had stopped. Not sure why though.
These pictures are after there recovery they are in flush now for 2 weeks starting a few days ago.
At one time they looked just like your pics at week 3 and 4 they are in 6 now.
DSCN3572
DSCN3570

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

It might be the 2x 1000w HPS lights. I don't know if they are air cooled, but if not then maybe put in an extra fan blowing under the lights and raise them a few inches. If that doesn't work then sorry but I have no idea bro.

Top Bottom