Brittle Leaves

• Thread starter Glassdub
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Glassdub

Glassdub

My plants have been generally looking good & returning to color but some of the leaves are cracked & brittle, more on the 2 gelatos on the right which overall the biggest/most healthy, these are not older leaves, deficiency? I don't see signs of any pests. 🤔

Brittle leaves
Brittle leaves 2
Glassdub

Glassdub

oh somethings been eating those leaves bruh need check a lil harder you got a friend in there.
Man, I looked over it up & down, even pulled out the microscope & checked a few small specks that I though might be mites but ended up being dirt, sticky trap is clean. That was my first thought but I'm not finding anything, I have had issues before brittle leaves before that didn't look so pest related, still puzzled.

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Man, I looked over it up & down, even pulled out the microscope & checked a few small specks that I though might be mites but ended up being dirt, sticky trap is clean. That was my first thought but I'm not finding anything, I have had issues before brittle leaves before that didn't look so pest related, still puzzled.

Do you have pets? A cat perhaps?

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
My plants have been generally looking good & returning to color but some of the leaves are cracked & brittle, more on the 2 gelatos on the right which overall the biggest/most healthy, these are not older leaves, deficiency? I don't see signs of any pests. 🤔
i’ve had that, i’d say it’s genetics, where are the gelatos from?
i had zero pests too.. gelatos can be sensitive to too much nutrients. in the end all was good, the rest of the plant looks good? only that?

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I see damage like that sometimes where leaves were trapped under a branch or leaves and grew through damaging the leaf some. Tears and holes like that.

Also too much nutrients may have done it like said above.

I have definitely seen it while no bugs are present.

Glassdub

Glassdub

i’ve had that, i’d say it’s genetics, where are the gelatos from?
i had zero pests too.. gelatos can be sensitive to too much nutrients. in the end all was good, the rest of the plant looks good? only that?
Freebee seeds from Homegrown Cannabis Co. https://homegrowncannabisco.com/products/gelato-feminized-marijuana-seeds
I have been feeding pretty light around 300ppm, actually thought I was underfeeding a bit other than this the 2 gelatos have been, excuse the pun, growing like weeds lately & have seemed less finicky that the LSDs which are supposed to be very easy to grow.
The close up is from the plant in the lower right corner, I personally think it looks great.

Last edited:
Glassdub

Glassdub

I see damage like that sometimes where leaves were trapped under a branch or leaves and grew through damaging the leaf some. Tears and holes like that.

Also too much nutrients may have done it like said above.

I have definitely seen it while no bugs are present.
Yeah, I thought it might be natural genetic mutations. been feeding about a quarter of what is recommended.

Top Bottom