Broad mite ID please, thanks

• Thread starter Kohuhu
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Kohuhu

Kohuhu

Hi all. Video of what I suspect is broad mite.

Next question, if so how do I make them die?

Thanks

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

I think that's too big to be a broad mite.

What stage of development is this plant? That white stuff is what? Trichs?

Kohuhu

Kohuhu

How many times is that scope?
It claims to be 1000x but I doubt it. A cheapish wifi scope. However that's the underside of a very small leaf. The scope is good enough to show the tiny hairs on the leaf.

Kohuhu

Kohuhu

I think that's too big to be a broad mite.

What stage of development is this plant? That white stuff is what? Trichs?
It's just a clone, those white things are the hairs on the underside of the leaf so the bug is in fact quite tiny. No possible way to see with the naked eye and in fact I lost sight of it when it crawled under the leaf hairs.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

It's just a clone, those white things are the hairs on the underside of the leaf so the bug is in fact quite tiny. No possible way to see with the naked eye and in fact I lost sight of it when it crawled under the leaf hairs.
I do not have the experience with pests that many here have had, so there could be superior alternatives, but for soft bodied insects, Nuke 'Em is great. The only active ingredient is citric acid, and it's OMRI listed. I've been told it can be used up until a few days before harvest, but I've never used it on flowering plants.

It does a number on any soft bodied insect or creepy-crawly.

That said, I've heard broad mites are the worst pest. This might knock them back, but it won't get rid of them.

dreamnfox

dreamnfox

my broad mites looked more like a tiny maggot that just wiggled. Thank looks bigger and more mobile

Top Bottom