Broad mites worth the fight in veg?

• Thread starter Coastalgrow1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Coastalgrow1

Coastalgrow1

So after further inspection I have found some clear circular eggs on 60x scope which can only mean russet/broad mites. I had gotten them years back while 4 weeks in flower and just tossed the garden because everyone told me useless I used a bad pesticide I wouldn’t be able to get rid of it.

Well here I am years later and my worst nightmare is back. I bought clones from a local reputable dispensary and 3 weeks after getting them I noticed the first pic. Days later I could tell it had spread and I found multiple spots on various of the plants. The second pic is of one of the worst two plants I ended up tossing.

So here’s my question is it worth it to battle these russets or do I stratch the round start over and eat a finical lose. I don’t have any form of getting new ones started quickly or teens. The picture is of the renaming plants after I tossed the two and cut the most affected areas off.

Would love any advice on how to battle these bastards or if I should toss them.

Broad mites worth the fight in veg
Broad mites worth the fight in veg 2
Broad mites worth the fight in veg 3
Billwilson85

Billwilson85

I use flying skull nuke em, and flying skull spread coat as a wetting agent. I do it as a preventative so I don't get these problems. I've never seen any problems from it even not using it 10 minutes before lights out like I've been told, or after my plant is hydrated so it isn't thirsty trying to drink through the leaves. I believe it will work for you, but I'm sure there's other products that will accomplish the same result, this is just what I use. Here's a link with a good description of the product.

Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
That doesn’t look like broad notes to me and I’m pretty sure you need at least a 100x scope to see them. You say you se eggs but I think you are wrong.

Ernestm337

Ernestm337

Trust me! They're Russet mites!!! What a freaking shame and a b##ch to deal with... Its not worth the headache and the frustration.. Theyll keep coming and won't stop until they destroy every single plant maliciously and intently.... What a bummer!!!

Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
Trust me! They're Russet mites!!! What a freaking shame and a b##ch to deal with... Its not worth the headache and the frustration.. Theyll keep coming and won't stop until they destroy every single plant maliciously and intently.... What a bummer!!!
Trust you? Are you from rollitup or something.. There is no way you can say that is broad mites from those pics and without looking through a 100x scope.

Ernestm337

Ernestm337

Feel free to look
Fee
Feel free to look under the microscope... ive been dealing with these mfkrs for awhile and can spot the damage they inflict immediately... Roll it up??? Lol
Nah... Lets just say that these mites are very destructive and they do it quickly. You can tell by the pitted blistering on the leaves and the the way they'll taco upwards. Once youre at the point of the plants shown in the pics, its too late....theyre so small that you wont notice the problem until its too late. These mites are the worse by far. .

Seraphine

Seraphine

Broad mite eggs are white, elliptical with white bumps. Cyclamen mite eggs are white, elliptical with no bumps.

I am not sure what russet mite eggs look like....

Either way, all three are extremely small. Personally, I wouldn’t want to fight either.

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

I’ve had broads and russets before, and everytime there was noticeable damage there would be a collection of the little bastards at the tips of the folded leaves. And I don’t see anything. Also the leaves are not that green when attacked by russets.

Could that be wind damage from the fan being too close?

Grapefruitroop

Grapefruitroop

Sooooo? Op How did it went?
I agree with Trustfall....it could looks like BM but i dont think so....the tops would be completely fucked up...
Im had very few sporadic blistering and crumpled but the variety that i have shows randomly some weird variegation on leaves...and never turned out to be a problem...
I scoped the hell out of them (60x-120x) but no mites....zero....nothing....all clean.
Im guessing has to be related to wind stess or ph drift ??

ozarkgrey

ozarkgrey

Supporter
what type of soil is the OP using ? i had horrible problems with PH drift when using GH PH down. i switch to Earth Juice crystals and what a huge difference!

Top Bottom