Broken branch

• Thread starter Billwilson85
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Billwilson85

Billwilson85

I got a little rough training and broke a branch. Pulled on her too hard. I'm wrapping it up with seran wrap and some black electric tape over it now. Is that a good idea or should I just cut it off?

Broken branch
Nugg

Nugg

It'll be fine.it may break again later, depending on the break..be careful with it.the tape is good enough.

Billwilson85

Billwilson85

It'll be fine.it may break again later, depending on the break..be careful with it.the tape is good enough.
Thanks bud. I don't know what I'm doing. That Pic sux and didn't want to keep it exposed too long. It didn't rip it super deep. Just wanted to know if I'm running risks by not just chopping it clean and taking a little loss. I salvaged what broke off and swapped it with a couple rooted ones in the cloner. This strain is overflo my favorite and it's my project 10 pound come April when I can put it in the ground so don't want to run risks.

Billwilson85

Billwilson85

I'm slowly recovering from nitrogen toxicity and did a transplant from 2 gallon to maybe a 10 gallon pot. And I just bought garden safe diatomaceous earth to deal with fungus gnats. I know I've got some other issues as u can see but hopefully my self diagnosis pulls them out of it. Figured I'd preemptively throw that out there before people mentioned it because u can see an issue in those pics that isn't the point of this thread

SPARECHANGE

SPARECHANGE

chasing lights. check ph. weak light (can u lower light, without bleaching? damage...?). might b excessive stretchin. ask around about silicone? silica? i forget. um... um... u could complete the process n just clone it. I've used teflon tape. seen um... suran/whatever, used in grafting. um... didn't... i dunno. i have used clonex, gel, as a just n case... bandaid. don't recall outcomes of any, actually. um... ur doin good. great intuition. YouTube is likely to have visual, suggestions. can't think of anything else . if u don't have gel- might try honey n clean-ish, saliva. um... cinnamon, is also an inoculant.

other guy, if u come across seraphine, she's a pest, pro... just for kix; intimidatingly, intelligent.

i would link, but ur on the right track, already. too much medium moisture. wait til they speak to u to water/feed, just to minimal, runoff. i.e. the shrug... do not kill the family, trying co2 overload: tried, to no avail. high stress, monitoring, at those lvls... there r toppers, now, i just dunno the name, specifically for f'n gnats. sleep, with a face mask..., or tape, over piehole... the kids r gonna get suspicious... keep ur other plants, outside.../separated... u can use peet, vermiculite, perlite, coco, hydroton, in ur medium, to attempt to ameliorate the moisture, issue. that's the y...

SPARECHANGE

SPARECHANGE

u might foliar, that branch, only, as a kinda um... cpr... chest compressions... til it bonds. half slice, is a common way, to start clone roots, before detaching, entirely so... oops's r learning tools. ur in the right place.

and foliar... is heavily diluted, vs um... root, uptake/typical feed. mind u don't drench it n suffocate it. doesn't take much and if #1 is right... p.m. ain't, but in the wings, so to speak. mind ur r.h. hygrometer...

Billwilson85

Billwilson85

Ya the moisture issue came from me watering every other day due to pots being too small. Issue corrected/being corrected. I've been going crazy not working lately and do way more research than I should. Lol. This is one issue I didn't research and don't want to mess around with. If one person chimes in and says cut that branch I'm doing it. I trust this group but know that these are children and I just want to make sure my loved child isn't going to die cuz I'm trying to make her healthy as possible. Cinnamon, hmm gonna have to do a little research on that I like poor boy remidies cuz I'm living off my girl at the moment and I'm the money maker, beating feet trying to get a job haven't smoked in a month cuz just cuz it's legal don't mean ppl will hire u. Got quite a bit of good herb here too it's rough.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Ya that's for sure. What do u think like 2 weeks? 4? I've seen u around bro so I'll take any advice u got. Thanks

Dont know. You got to watch to see it start swelling. It will probably form a knuckle.

Billwilson85

Billwilson85

Ya this is a mother plant and my goal with her is to clone til I can take her outside and do my project 10 pound. I definetly didn't provide enough info. My concern is it's the main branch, lots of training has been done so it's hard to see. I could cut it and screw the line of the it wanting to go straight and focus on side branching. My concern is if I cut a 2 month old plants main stem through its thickest branch will I lose out in forward momentum. I started laying her down at 10 days out of the cloner. That cut is pretty thick, I could get 2 clones doing the cut but it's a big wound to my second quickest rooter and favorite strain. I don't want to stress her more than I already have. I put a bandaid on it but maybe the bandaid should be on the half inch chop to cut my loss instead of a 2 1/2 inch rip down it's side. Plan was to keep that branch going and keep training it down to get it as wide as possible and keep her short so it gets even light. Question is what's worse.

Billwilson85

Billwilson85

Planned on spraying nuke em flying skull today as a preventative in like a few minutes. It's taped off. I'm like 3 weeks since last spray and once mites show damage it's a nightmare to deal with. Should I spray, I think I'll b OK since the bandaid is on, or am I at risk. This stuff has a good sales pitch on safety, yet I realize they'll lie to make a sale. If no reply within an hour I'm spraying.

dire wolf

dire wolf

Spray
And maybe in the future, if you have breaks, try a wood splint like a popsicle stick and less tape, like some blue painters paper type tape, you might run the risk of suffocating the wound with electrical tape and too much saran wrap ,and the lack of respiration will cause rot
Anyway thats what i do......

You are going to enjoying seeing the knuckle, knock em down and the recover r times bettet, wish my old add wss lkke that

Last edited:
dire wolf

dire wolf

Spray
And maybe in the future, if you have breaks, try a wood splint like a popsicle stick and less tape, like some blue painters paper type tape, you might run the risk of suffocating the wound with electrical tape and too much saran wrap ,and the lack of respiration will cause rot
Anyway thats what i do......

You are going to enjoying seeing the knuckle, knock em down and they ecover 4 times better ,wish my old ass rrecovered like that

Billwilson85

Billwilson85

Ya it seems like the more I baby them the weaker they become. It's a weed and they love being knocked around a bit. Always come back stronger after a good fuck up.

Billwilson85

Billwilson85

She's got some clear whitish bark forming. I took the bandaid off yesterday.

Lilolme

Lilolme

I have done just about everything that a plant can suffer short of setting one on fire just to see what will happen. Wrap that puppy up splint it wire it or otherwise support it a little and pretend nothing happened.
0D91FB1C C5E0 448B 9CBB AF9D363328E1

Homesteader

Homesteader

You may want to get yourself some grafting tape to go in the tool kit for future breaks. The tape stretches and sticks to itself and will disintegrate as the the stem repairs and swells.

Top Bottom