Brown Algae Source

• Thread starter TheColt
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

TheColt

So in case anyone else out there has cleaned the SHIT out of their buckets and ran Physan 20 over and over, yet still has algae residue at water level on the buckets and epicenter....CHECK the black return piping from the return manifold to the pump and epicenter!

I cut it in the middle of the line only to find brown algae covering the inside of the black plastic tube. Just thought I would throw the experience out there in case anyone else had similar problems.

Builtaforest

Builtaforest

It's not the source, just somewhere you haven't cleaned yet.

The brown algae originally comes from your water source. Once it manifests, it truly is a tough battle.

Don't forget to clean your chillers too :)

T

TheColt

how do you clean the chiller? and how do you normally clean the piping?

D

Douche_Bigalow

how do you clean the chiller? and how do you normally clean the piping?

Depending on the size joints you use a toilet bowl cleaner with the handle cut off and a strong string tied to it. Then you put the string through the joints and then pull the brrush through. Repeat until desired affect reached. As far as how to clean the chiller? I have no fucking clue bro, I make my wife do it. G-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-ood luck.

C

crossouttheiis

Depending on the size joints you use a toilet bowl cleaner with the handle cut off and a strong string tied to it. Then you put the string through the joints and then pull the brrush through. Repeat until desired affect reached. As far as how to clean the chiller? I have no fucking clue bro, I make my wife do it. G-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-ood luck.

haha I have my girlfriend clean my systems once I finish a run haha.

run a coil set up with your chiller and then you wont have to clean the chiller...

MonsterRobot

MonsterRobot

Whenever I clean my chiller I just fill a bucket up with really hot water and h2o2 and drop the pump into the bucket and let that hot water circulate through... then I get a hose and put it on the intake and blast it through to get anything out of the chiller that may be stuck... I then do the same thing with the hose on the output side... That always worked for me...

And I love the toilet brush idea!

Builtaforest

Builtaforest

Hot water + the holy trinity: bleach, peroxide, and physan. Run each separate. Brushes work great.

KAL EL

KAL EL

Use RO water next run after you clean the system, should stop you from getting the brown algae.

deacon1503

deacon1503

Use RO water next run after you clean the system, should stop you from getting the brown algae.

not unless your source water is already infected, i.e. some well water. city water is heavily sterilized.

Bubblehaze

Bubblehaze

All the brown algae I ever had was always high water temps and or light leaks. Even one steam of light can cause it to grow. I cover everything now with b/w poly.

Latest posts

Top Bottom