Brown Leaves. Help

• Thread starter lyonsp123
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
lyonsp123

lyonsp123

Brown leaves help
Hey guys, what’s going on here? Pulled these from the bottom of a purple Hindu Kush plant, rest of growth seems healthy, but a little on the slow side . Using roots organic veg line, mixing around 5 to 700 ppm at 6.0, I did add a little Cal mag because I have been Britta filter my tapwater, which reads around 100 from the tap. Not sure if the filter is helping or hurting in anyway, welcome to opinion. Anyways, what’s with these brown leaves and raised edges? Looks a little overwatered, last watering was a good solid flush thinking I got a little happy with the nutrients

Brown leaves help 2
Brown leaves help 3
Brown leaves help 4
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I think too strong nutes for the little plant. And maybe too high ph.

But i dont grow in hydroton i just hand water potting soil so maybe someone will chime in with tips.

lyonsp123

lyonsp123

I think too strong nutes for the little plant. And maybe too high ph.

But i dont grow in hydroton i just hand water potting soil so maybe someone will chime in with tips.
It’s soil , I just have a little bit over it, help dissipate when watering

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

It’s soil , I just have a little bit over it, help dissipate when watering

Oh. Didnt realize.

In that case you are likely watering too often which is drowning the roots and locking out phosphorous. Thats the blackening and adding too much nutes probably as well.

Let the pots dry out until they are alarmingly light or showing dry on a moisture probe meter about 3/4 way down the pot.

The water to runoff water only and see what you got.

If the soil is buffered (lime or oyster shell) no need to ph the water at such low ppm.

Top Bottom