Brown spots and curling tips. Day 68

• Thread starter Vb2flat2surf
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Vb2flat2surf

Vb2flat2surf

I feel like I'm always on here asking questions, but atleast everything I ask here I get great answers and solutions.
I'm on day of my first ever grow of Grandaddy Purp Autos. We just got back from our honeymoon for 7 days and my plants went annattended. I did a heavy watering the morning we left and an ONLY watering tye day we got back (3 days ago). My soil is dry and I have to water today or tomorrow so that's why I'm asking about my concerns. 3 of my 5 plants (1 is a mutant that has always had issues but has fat buds) has browning tips and curling. Some leaves have the same browning moving through the leaves. The day I watered before leaving for Jamaica I did give my plants the heaviest feeding yet but still within directions of the bottles.
I have always had an issue keeping my soil ph below 6.8 to 7. I've even watered with 5.5 ph and had tye soil still read high. My plants look good (atleast to me as a new grower) but I know I'm nearing harvest (already getting some milky trichomes.
So does this look like nutrient issues? Ph? Lighting (I upgraded to Mars hydro tsl2000 3 weeks ago and am running 20/4 cycle.? My thermometer on top of my lights is reading 78 Fahrenheit and the one hanging at canopy height is 82 degrees. I have 6" intake and exhaust and 2 fans blowing.
Being in so close to harvest should I just do water only if I have some cloudy trichomes?
Lastly I would like opinions on how my plants and Buds look. Not for kiddos but for sincere understanding of if I'm doing a good job or if I can expect much better results as I continue to do this
(My mutant is the one with darkest leaves. Has always been that way and had 3 blade leaves. The calyxs are huge on this plant but the Buds just look weird to me)

Brown spots and curling tips day 68
Brown spots and curling tips day 68 2
Brown spots and curling tips day 68 3
Brown spots and curling tips day 68 4
Brown spots and curling tips day 68 5
brotherfrombelgium

brotherfrombelgium

Looking good and congratulations on your honeymoon. : )

I would be giving them straight H20 now for sure.

What was your PPM reading before you left?

Ph could be lower, i know some strains like a higher Ph when in the last stages of flowering.

Some strains like a Ph of up to 6.8 in the last week of flower, so all depends but you want at least 6.5 for the last week.

The brown spots could be from overfeeding/nute burn, i actually did it to one of mine just the other day, i don't think it's from having a high Ph, my Ph is always perfect and i still had the brown spots on a few leaves.

Top Bottom