Brown Spots Everywhere Mephisto Forum Stomper Midflower

• Thread starter Stimn11
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Stimn11

Problem: leaf developing small brown spots throughout. Some interveinal necrosis with dark almost black looking around browning spots. Leaves curling upward. I noticed the issue start about 3 days ago and it just keeps getting worse.

Medium/grow method: fox farm ocean forest
Feed and supplements used: Blue Planet nutrients organic only fed 3 times so far at the start of week 6, the end of week 6, mid week 7

Week 6 and 7 feeding schedule
5ml elite grow 4-0-1
5ml eliter micro
5ml elite bloom 0-4-45
5ml vitablue 2-1-4
5ml early bloomer 1-3-3
1/4tsp easyweed 1-2-18

water source: Tap water ph 6.4-6.6

Strain/age: Forum Stomper end of week 6

light used: Mars Hydro TSL2000 Dimmed 75% at 18" above canopy

Climate: 77F Humidity 55-70%

Brown spots everywhere mephisto forum stomper midflower
Brown spots everywhere mephisto forum stomper midflower 2
Brown spots everywhere mephisto forum stomper midflower 3
Brown spots everywhere mephisto forum stomper midflower 4
Brown spots everywhere mephisto forum stomper midflower 5
Brown spots everywhere mephisto forum stomper midflower 6
Moshmen

Moshmen

What’s the ppm of your tap water? Do you let it set out to degas? How often are ya watering ?
Back off the light a tad more until the plant recovers

Fromunda506

Fromunda506

Looks like she is locking out. She is definitely struggling to get potassium, which is primarily what your leaves are showing. Potassium is mobile. When they just get a little hungry for it, you start seeing symptoms like that on lower or shaded leaves first and gradually. In my experience, when she starts showing it in her tops and all over all at once, it’s because she can’t access it. I would suggest doing a slurry test of your soil (shot glass of soil ideally not from right at surface with equal part of distilled water, stir it and let it sit for a few minutes and then test the pH and PPM/EC) to figure out what is going on at your root zone. Looks to me like either excess nutrients or pH is messing with her uptake. Good luck getting her sorted out. Lockout can be a bummer if not resolved. Can really screw up your flower and terpene development and can kill her dead if it progresses.

Moshmen

Moshmen

Looks like she is locking out. She is definitely struggling to get potassium, which is primarily what your leaves are showing. Potassium is mobile. When they just get a little hungry for it, you start seeing symptoms like that on lower or shaded leaves first and gradually. In my experience, when she starts showing it in her tops and all over all at once, it’s because she can’t access it. I would suggest doing a slurry test of your soil (shot glass of soil ideally not from right at surface with equal part of distilled water, stir it and let it sit for a few minutes and then test the pH and PPM/EC) to figure out what is going on at your root zone. Looks to me like either excess nutrients or pH is messing with her uptake. Good luck getting her sorted out. Lockout can be a bummer if not resolved. Can really screw up your flower and terpene development and can kill her dead if it progresses.
I vote lock out ! Via cal.

S

Stimn11

OK I tried that and here's the result. The photo is the water before. And after the test went from .23 to .46 and the pH remained the same. What is the best solution to flush or try and add a pk booster or what are your thoughts?

20221126 144941
Moshmen

Moshmen

I’m back on ur water . Ph is high on meter but acceptable. How often do you water/feed? Imo it’s all the calcium that’s started the problem start with plain water with epsom salt next time
Is that a 500 scale tds?

S

Stimn11

I've been watering about every 3rd day and doing water feed water feed. So far only fed 3 times total first dose was only half at 2.5. And idk what kind of tester really it was some free tester that I got with a purchase.

J

JeanMichel

the issue is your climate
leaves tips up ==> transpiration problem, vpd too high

the brown spots is calcium deficiency
calcium assimilation is linked to transpiration
if air gets too dry plants close stomatas and calcium is no more transported to the top

for this time you can't really do anything, but i think your light is too close
never worked with led but 300w is considerable
you can see bleached tops here and there
==>light stress

take a laser temp gun and measure the leaves temp, especially on the tall plant
then calculate your vpd and you will see you're in the red

Fromunda506

Fromunda506

Could have something to do with your climate, but I’ve never had a plant go that rough from environmental conditions that were at least reasonable if everything else is on point. Calcium can cause brown spots and reduced transpiration can cause leaf tips to curl, but potassium deficiency covers all of the symptoms you are seeing and her needs for it surge in week five.

This is from cannagardening.com, but is very available all over the web.

Symptoms of a deficiency​

Evaporation is reduced if there is a shortage of potassium. A consequence is that the temperature in the leaves will increase and the cells will burn. This occurs mostly on the edges of the leaves, where normally, evaporation is highest.

Development of a deficiency​

• Tips of the younger leaves show gray edges.
  • Leaves turn yellow from the edge in the direction of the veins and rusty colored dead spots appear in the leaves.
  • The tips of the leaves curl up radically and whole sections of the leaves begin to rot. The leaves keep on curling and ultimately fall off.
  • An extreme shortage produces meagre, unhealthy-looking plants with strongly reduced flowering.
To the extent that she’s getting potassium and your pH is not crazy, I would also tend to agree that calcium is locking you up. It can be antagonistic to particularly potassium uptake. She is struggling for nutrients though. The purple leaf petioles also show you she’s not getting the phosphorus she wants. I would think hard about changing your water source if it were me.

Moshmen

Moshmen

Ok now my opinion has switched as well - vpd is def a thing ! Get it in ck then they are prolly hungry and mayb overwatered ? Is the pot lite? When watering and do you water to run off

Moshmen

Moshmen

I’m back on ur water . Ph is high on meter but acceptable. How often do you water/feed? Imo it’s all the calcium that’s started the problem start with plain water with epsom salt next time
Is that a 500 scale tds?
Need to figure out what measurement your using ? There is 2 scales , .2 on either scale is not nearly enuff at this stage , remember for next run - DO NOT overfed now trying to make up for it , won’t work

J

JeanMichel

here it's 100% the lamp being too close
the tops are bleached and the tips curl because they try to protect from the strong irradiation
if you increase the RH you will be able to put the lamp closer (light closer==>increase in leaf temp==>increasing RH in the room to counteract excessive transpiration)

you can perfectly run at 50% RH during the day but you need to find the sweet spot for the light

when tips start to curl upward it means vpd is too high
if problem isnt solved quickly it will lead to tip burn, calcium deficiency and top bleaching

guaranteed amigo

Moshmen

Moshmen

here it's 100% the lamp being too close
the tops are bleached and the tips curl because they try to protect from the strong irradiation
if you increase the RH you will be able to put the lamp closer (light closer==>increase in leaf temp==>increasing RH in the room to counteract excessive transpiration)

you can perfectly run at 50% RH during the day but you need to find the sweet spot for the light

when tips start to curl upward it means vpd is too high
if problem isnt solved quickly it will lead to tip burn, calcium deficiency and top bleaching

guaranteed amigo
We can agree to disagree I’m no master but u r pretty new here. And this is what it looks like when tops are light bleached

J

JeanMichel

means nothing. because you are "supporter" on a forum do not mean you can grow

a bit of humility please, this is where we improve

all these plants are not grown in an optimized environnement
look how the plants in the background are yellowed from the top

some promising hay

Moshmen

Moshmen

some promising hay
Ur not wrong but we are here to help and encourage not just say ur fucked. You haven’t been here long enuff to judge me! We also refrain from judgment.
-
Again we can agree to disagree ! Enjoy your time here on the farm
Mosh

Moshmen

Moshmen

some promising hay
No being a supporter does not proof anything —- and neither does a first time post—- let’s not get off on the wrong terms ? Lol let smoke and chill it’s Saturday

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
6 weeks flowering?? mmm doubt that more like 3 or 4 by looks..
are these auto flowers or photo period?
what do you use to ph?

Top Bottom