• Thread starter Alpaca
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Alpaca

Alpaca

Brown spots leaf septoria
Brown spots leaf septoria 2
Brown spots leaf septoria 3

Autoflowers on day 55, looks a lot like leaf septoria and it seems to be jumping plants.

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

If your on time you should only have about 2 weeks to go, I grow autoflowers and when my humidity got to high it looked like that but much worse, if its spreading to other plants something off probably in your environment as im shure you checked your ph, plants look healthy what's your rel hum, what's your dew point? Your at day 55 did this start after you started giveing bloom nutrients? By day 50 at the latest I take my autos out of veg switch to bloom nutrients and put the plants under a bloom booster, so my question is, a did you switch to bloom nutrients and change the spectrum of your light to full bloom? b you did check your ph right? So my guess is your humidity is to high, as long as everything I just mentioned is straight.

Alpaca

Alpaca

IMG 20190625 131413 2

They are well Into bloom and and getting nutes. Humidity has been high even with my intake fans and the ones circulating air Inside (60-75% humidity)

Alpaca

Alpaca

Yep no bugs except for a few fungus gnats which I've almost completely gotten rid of. I removed about 10 leaves with spots from my plants in case it's septoria, don't want to remove any more though.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Yep no bugs except for a few fungus gnats which I've almost completely gotten rid of. I removed about 10 leaves with spots from my plants in case it's septoria, don't want to remove any more though.
Doesn't look like septoria, looks like leafhoppers, but I could be wrong?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Not leaf septoria. Possibly bugs or very early calcium deficiency. Looks a bit over watered so I would lean toward calcium uptake and not necessarily lack of calcium.

I could be wrong. I'm a hydro guy that seems to stick his nose in dirt issues :/

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Doesn't look like septoria, probably not leafhoppers either (although I would still check), agree with Aquaman, early Calcium deficiency

20190625 195317

Alpaca

Alpaca

Oh it does look very similar to that, I feed pH'ed tapwater that should already contain calcium though.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Oh it does look very similar to that, I feed pH'ed tapwater that should already contain calcium though.
.. unfortunately it's not that simple something's most likely locking it out, or there's not enough calcium available in the water you're using

Also if you're only feeding it tap water probably time to look into nutes, it does look a little light green unless that's a trick of the camera ?

Edit: I still think it's possible that's bug damage, unfortunately could be both at once, more info and whole plant pictures would help

Last edited:
Alpaca

Alpaca

I have been feeding Terra bloom (2-2-4) quite often. Because leaves were becoming very dark and clawing I decided to stick with just water for about a week. If they really are bugs I'm absolutely clueless on which it could be, I've already dealt with aphids, spider mites and thrips in the past but I'm not seeing anything.
There are 4 plants crammed into the tent

Last edited:
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Yeah I'm not sold that it's not bugs but your nutrients don't really contain calcium afaik so you may need to add some. Was the pic taken just before lights out?

The plants look a little over fed but I'm sure that was from the past. Look a bit over watered but that could be because the pic was taken within about 30min of lights out? Over watering can affect nutrient uptake

Was it about 1-2 weeks ago you changed the feed? I might try adding a bit of cal mg since it's easy and give it a bit to see if it keeps getting worse.

Alpaca

Alpaca

Feed was switched about three and a half weeks ago. Don't know why calcium would suddenly be such an issue as most of the timrle in soil it shouldn't be right? Soil is pretty wet because of the flush 2 days ago, usually only give them about 2 litres each twice a week. Leaves aren't really drooping but there's definitely some clawing going on at the top, perhaps because of the recent heat ( about 30°C during the day) or what I suspected nitrogen toxicity.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Transpiration can affect uptake. I can see some leaves clawing yes but also that typical over watered look, you may not see it but I do.

There is some evidence recently that points to increasing potassium levels might lead to reduced calcium uptake. If both were on the lower side to start with. If I'm remembering correctly.

Here is a link I just googled that you can look at that describes how it will progress if it is in fact calcium deficiency. It's not the best link but covers the basics Im to lazy to write the info out lol.

Alpaca

Alpaca

So at this point I can say you were right, it definitely is calcium deficiency. It's early stage on most of the plants so I'm not too worried. I brewed an eggshell tea which i will be feeding next watering, if this helps I'll be buying calmag.

Latest posts

Top Bottom