Brown spots on plant?! Help please

• Thread starter Jmescudi
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

Jmescudi

Thank you in advance !
I’m having some sort of issue with my plant, i had seen a couple of places discussing their plants, saying it could be rust fungus, i seen a couple others say it’s a nutrient deficiency like phosphorus, i just wanted to preset a picture of my plants and see if could get a couple of opinions from the community. :)

auto northern lights, in a 1 gallon pot w/ FoxFarm ocean forest soil, using FoxFarm liquid nutrients trio(big bloom, tiger bloom and grow big). I do follow their soil feeding chart, I’m currently on week 7 and just flushed my plants yesterday 11/29/2023 with FoxFarm sledgehammer flush.
I feed my plant nutrients on Monday and Friday, then regular ph water on Wednesday. And do not water on Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday or Sunday.

Thank you in advance, i did try to review a couple of the forums before i asked for help and couldn’t really find a concise answer.

Brown spots on plant help please
Brown spots on plant help please 2
Brown spots on plant help please 3
Brown spots on plant help please 4
ArtfulCodger

ArtfulCodger

In general, when I see brown spots like that, I think calcium deficiency. But your leaves are so dark that I doubt there's actually a lack of nutrient in the pot. The burned tips make me think the opposite...you're over-fed. My guess, based on the texture and thickness of the leaves, is that you're watering and feeding too often, and it's hurt your nutrient uptake.

DR.PNW

DR.PNW

This looks like rust.
Use a copper sulphate spray.
Copper sulphate pentahydrate is safe for use on flower at the recommended foliar solution rate.
Even if it is not rust there is no harm in it.

Verify your calcium levels.
Use a calcium magnesium product such as Procal, if you are not already using one.

Protip: When taking pictures for diagnosis purposes use natural lighting, particularly if you are using the older purple style LEDs.
It will be much easier to see problems clearly.

J

Jmescudi

This looks like rust.
Use a copper sulphate spray.
Copper sulphate pentahydrate is safe for use on flower at the recommended foliar solution rate.
Even if it is not rust there is no harm in it.

Verify your calcium levels.
Use a calcium magnesium product such as Procal, if you are not already using one.

Protip: When taking pictures for diagnosis purposes use natural lighting, particularly if you are using the older purple style LEDs.
It will be much easier to see problems clearly.
Thank you a trillion!

Do you have any suggested brands for the copper sulphate spray? Is growers ally fungicide spray good?
also how do i check calcium levels?
Is FoxFarms Bush Doctor Cal-Mag, the same thing you are referring to?

and tip is noted , thank you for that tip

Last edited:
DR.PNW

DR.PNW

Thank you a trillion!

Do you have any suggested brands for the copper sulphate spray? Is growers ally fungicide spray good?
also how do i check calcium levels?
Is FoxFarms Bush Doctor Cal-Mag, the same thing you are referring to?

and tip is noted , thank you for that tip
Growers Ally will harm flowers.
Fine for veg but the only safe fungicide I am aware for flowering cannabis is CuSO4 in solution.

A google search of "CuSO4 foliar" will lead you in the right direction.
There are fine lines with fungicide laws that prevent me from stating brand names, for the safety of those companies.

I can tell you however that: "Coppergro is an excelent foliar nutrient for plants suffering from stressors".

Checking Calcium levels, short of lab testing, just means; make sure you are feeding it a sufficient amount and keep an eye out for signs of abundance or deficiency.
Foxfarms Bush Doctor is manganese, a minor micro nutrient that is best covered by a multi-micronutrient product such as Power Pack.
Fox farms version of Cal-Mag is Gringo Rasta.

Top Bottom