Brown spots on top sugar leaves

• Thread starter Dorados
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

Dorados

Hi, guys. At the day 45, 3rd week of flowering, brown spots appeared precisely on the upper sugar leaves near the bud. I do not understand the reason of this. spots increase before my eyes. Really need your advice, Iā€™m scared that my buds can die because of this. Can this be a lockout or smth? Or some bugs or fungi?
Auto Sin Tra Bajo fem. Iā€™m using Biobizz light mix, and Biobizz fertilisers. Ph is 6.0.

Brown spots on top sugar leaves
Brown spots on top sugar leaves 2
Brown spots on top sugar leaves 3
D

Dorados

How's it looking these days? Still spotty?
Yeahh(( it developed, lots of leaves on tops became crispy, but i flushed it and it almost stopped, it doesn't spread further Buds are rather thick, theyā€™re not damaged, the bottoms of the buds look very nice and green, Iā€™m waiting for harvest in 1-1.5 week so I decided just to leave it. I still do not know why this happened to my plant

3AF6A564 0ADC 4683 A3F6 AB2913E3F929
E5C2AA5F C9C7 4D12 8E41 AE177790F7DA
F6A09745 5E10 44B4 BA28 8FD535A9674F
Last edited:
P

Paradiced

If it slowed down when you flushed it the problem most likely lies within the feeding and watering somewhere as opposed to environment.

P

Paradiced

While knowing the particular element can be helpful, the reasons you are having issues with it in the first place are seldom due to a lack of that element if you're using any kind of halfway decent nutrient line. The reasons your plant is not taking up an element most times lies in cultivation practices.
Maybe helpful to look at the conditions that inhibit uptake of Mn but the line can be blurry LOL! If you're cultivation practices are sound then you're eliminating many of these limiting factors. May want to take a look at your procedure with a hope of avoiding these types of hiccups in the future. šŸ‘
Lots of people here can help you dial it in.

jguit

jguit

Supporter
the reasons you are having issues with it in the first place are seldom due to a lack of that element if you're using any kind of halfway decent nutrient line. The reasons your plant is not taking up an element most times lies in cultivation practices.
10000000%

D

Dorados

What's your media? The buds do look thick šŸ‘
I grow in Biobizz light mix soil, use Biobizz fertilisers. I give to my plant all the fertilisers following the instruction, but lots of people tell that plant is experiencing deficiencies. Iā€™m rather close to harvest as said in docs, but Iā€™m very scared of this situation with my tops. How this can affect the buds and what can I do to prevent it?
010DE58C BBDC 4A85 AA1D C92E0FF18E83
51DB3FFF 50F0 48CD B1E3 5AEB15F1A7E2

P

Paradiced

Wow! That last pic almost looks like light burn. Maybe you can list your parameters temperature humidity lighting and intensity if you know it and any other tidbits you think may be helpful. A lot of good soil growers around here. I'm sure we can figure it out so you can avoid it in the future šŸ‘. You should lower your light intensity a little bit anyways toward the end if you haven't already but I agree I would just ride it out you're so close!

D

Dorados

Wow! That last pic almost looks like light burn. Maybe you can list your parameters temperature humidity lighting and intensity if you know it and any other tidbits you think may be helpful. A lot of good soil growers around here. I'm sure we can figure it out so you can avoid it in the future šŸ‘. You should lower your light intensity a little bit anyways toward the end if you haven't already but I agree I would just ride it out you're so close!
My humidity is stable 35-45%. Temperature is around 26 and at night 21. I had troubles with Ph on my veg and beginning of flowering, I used different types of water- tap water, than bottled water, purified by reverse osmosis, I did this to find some correct one with correct ph. I think it was stress for the plant, and purified water contains insufficient trace elements. Than I bought ph down and started to use settled tap water and my ph now is ā‰ˆ6,4
this all was rather stressful for plant but even now when my parameters are good my plant is starving or whatever is happening to it

D

Dorados

Sorry for the lack of punctuation lol!
No choice, I have to just ride it out and continue growing, but what worries me very much will the death of the sugar leaves affect the final yield and its quality? Should I cut off unhealthy leaves now or leave them until trimming?

growsince79

growsince79

No choice, I have to just ride it out and continue growing, but what worries me very much will the death of the sugar leaves affect the final yield and its quality? Should I cut off unhealthy leaves now or leave them until trimming?
Makes it harder to trim and the brown tastes like shit. This is one case where I would recommend immediate wet trim. Anytime I had plants look like that was from bad roots.

D

Dorados

Makes it harder to trim and the brown tastes like shit. This is one case where I would recommend immediate wet trim. Anytime I had plants look like that was from bad roots.
I wanted to do immediate trim, but I'm worried that there will be many open wounds close to the buds and rot or mold may begin. You recommend to cut the brown ones now? Or may i do it after harvest?

growsince79

growsince79

I wanted to do immediate trim, but I'm worried that there will be many open wounds close to the buds and rot or mold may begin. You recommend to cut the brown ones now? Or may i do it after harvest?
I'd do it now and/or at harvest. If you wait till its dry, it will be harder to get rid of.

Anthem

Anthem

From the looks of things you are several weeks away from harvest. The leaves dying off could maybe be slowed down or stopped. There is a lot going on with the plant that is not easy to determine. You have some sort of a nutrient issue that is pretty obvious. It could be Mag but I am not 100 percent confident on that one. Mag and Calcium along with some other nutrients do not play well together. It is possible the nutrient line you are using required tap water for some of the trace minerals. Most as outlined above contain enough for the plant to up take.
With all this being said, I would probably just switch to straight tap water and maybe a gram per gallon of epson salt for the remainder of the grow. Turn the light power down about 50 percent and ride it out. You could cut off the brown leaves right now. I am also concerned that might be some bud rot in some of those pictures. Again there is a lot of things going on and it is not easy to figure it out with just some of the whole situation.

Shaded_One

Shaded_One

My humidity is stable 35-45%. Temperature is around 26 and at night 21. I had troubles with Ph on my veg and beginning of flowering, I used different types of water- tap water, than bottled water, purified by reverse osmosis, I did this to find some correct one with correct ph. I think it was stress for the plant, and purified water contains insufficient trace elements. Than I bought ph down and started to use settled tap water and my ph now is ā‰ˆ6,4
this all was rather stressful for plant but even now when my parameters are good my plant is starving or whatever is happening to it

I've bolded the issue and problem. Lack of minerals and trace elements from using distilled or RO water during the hungriest phase of your plant(flowering).

Immobile nutrients include Calcium (Ca), Iron (Fe), Zinc (Zn), Copper (Cu), Manganese (Mn), Boron (B), and Molybdenum (Mo). Foliar applications have limited efficacy and distribution in the plant.

What this means is, even if/after you resolve the issue the damaged tissue will always remain. You constantly adding in pH up/down doesn't help things out either.

P

Paradiced

Great input here. At the top of your list for your next set would be working on getting your water supply squared away so you know what to expect. Imo plant issues are like falling domino's at times. Keep the first one from falling and your thumb is going to turn green right before your eyes šŸ‘.

Anthem

Anthem

I've bolded the issue and problem. Lack of minerals and trace elements from using distilled or RO water during the hungriest phase of your plant(flowering).

Immobile nutrients include Calcium (Ca), Iron (Fe), Zinc (Zn), Copper (Cu), Manganese (Mn), Boron (B), and Molybdenum (Mo). Foliar applications have limited efficacy and distribution in the plant.

What this means is, even if/after you resolve the issue the damaged tissue will always remain. You constantly adding in pH up/down doesn't help things out either.
I do not see any issues with Calcium of the elements listed above it is needed the most by the plant and it if you really dig down the rabbit whole it is usually considered to be semi mobile not immobile. It will typically show up as rust spots a couple leaves down from the top at peak uptake requirements. The balance of the elements are needed in such small amounts they are typically redial available in the soil or a decent nutrient line.
It is possible the PH was not set correctly and did not allow for correct nutrient uptake. People me included do not send enough time checking the PH of the nutrient solution. Example. A PH of 6.5 is 10 times as acidic as a PH of 6.6 further a PH of 5.5 is 100 times more acidic than a PH of 6.5.
There is an imbalance occurring in the plant but it is not easy to determine what the root cause it. Bio Bizz looks like a European AN product. Just stick to a basic 3 part line and change up the ratios as outlined or go with mineral salts. These nutrient companies are the biggest rip off in the industry.

Latest posts

Top Bottom