Brown spots showing up on 2 seedling fan leaves. Calcium deficiency? Pics below.

• Thread starter soulz20
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
soulz20

soulz20

Hi, this is my first grow ever and i decided to go with coco coir.
2 of my seedlings seem to have brown spots developing on their fan leaves. I've read that it could be a sign oif calcium deficiency. I was wondering if somebody a bit more seasoned could identify what the case is. ill attach some pics, the reason they are wet, is because i foliar sprayed them with a bit of kelp and cal-mag solution before the lights came on to see if it could potentially help.

Brown spots showing up on 2 seedling fan leaves calcium deficiency pics below
Brown spots showing up on 2 seedling fan leaves calcium deficiency pics below 2
Brown spots showing up on 2 seedling fan leaves calcium deficiency pics below 3
One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Hi it’s hard to see with the seedling wet on the leaves .

B

Burned Haze

Even if it is , so what? Let the time tell ya and make sure your ppm is correct for the cycle of plant

150-250ppm seedling
ph soil 6.5
ph coco 6.0

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

coco need feed every day mate,like mentioned above 25oppm right now ph 6,make sure you have plenty of holes in the bottom of those cups and feed to a rally good runoff about 20%.
think when you wash the old stuff out and replenish new means no salt build up,cation exchange is most important in coco,never dry and never water only and you will produce medicne mate.
in my opinion coco is the easiest way to grow,a set it and forget it thing,just a ton of work ,
in veg feed once a day,flower min of twice a day

soulz20

soulz20

I use tap water which has a ppm of 190, by the time i add nutes, that adds another 200, so my ppm for feed is usually under 400. In terms of ph run off has been 5.8-6.0. So maybe i need to increase ph to 6.1 or 6.2. I havent watered everyday because the cup feels heavy, and ive read to let the coco dry up before another dose in solo cups. When you feed everyday do you feed until run off or just light feed. How often do you feed until run off?

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

I use tap water which has a ppm of 190, by the time i add nutes, that adds another 200, so my ppm for feed is usually under 400. In terms of ph run off has been 5.8-6.0. So maybe i need to increase ph to 6.1 or 6.2. I havent watered everyday because the cup feels heavy, and ive read to let the coco dry up before another dose in solo cups. When you feed everyday do you feed until run off or just light feed. How often do you feed until run off?
gotta love these trick questions hhahahah,im also sure if you open your own thread some one will answer your question

soulz20

soulz20

gotta love these trick questions hhahahah,im also sure if you open your own thread some one will answer your question

What do you mean by open your thread, so i decided to water until run off water using nutes + advanced nutes. Ppm sat at 385 with a ph of 6.3 i decided to raise the ph a bit since it was low for a while. They're doing their thing under lights so well see how this goes. Ill prob water every other day and play it day by day.

jollycanna

jollycanna

New,Gwan the keeper of the trees...available soon.
Supporter
Foliar cal mag stat man WERE GOING TO NEED THE LOW DOSE! Its OK ssir were going to get through this. Hold my calls gwenadith I don't care if my daughter has a recital later cal mag low does on the leaves stat!

soulz20

soulz20

Just wanted to post an update. After feeding seedling nute strength+advanced nutes last night in addition to raising ph levels (6.3) and a ppm of 385 from run off, the plants look happy, the first fan leaves on 2 plants took a slight hit of what could've either been cal deficiency or light burn from foliar spray during lights on, however all the new growth show no signs of ailment, its safe to say the ladies continue to prosper. Thanks to all who replied.

Top Bottom