brown tips on my pistel hairs

• Thread starter xX Kid Twist Xx
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
every now an then when i get clones from a friend they start off with very litel hairs. that are brown at the tips when i put them into flower. they always seem to grow out of it but it takes like 2 weeks. any idea what this is? i dont think its the strain cuz it happens to alot of them. then sometimes not.

Sick pistels 1jpg
Brown tips on my pistel hairs 2
Brown tips on my pistel hairs 3
Brown tips on my pistel hairs 4
Brown tips on my pistel hairs 5
xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
i know his temps were high and the humidty was around 50. my temps are like 73 and humidity 33. i recieved the clones from someone. it happens to alot of his strains but then they seem to grow out of it like 10 days

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
bump... anyone, any ideas?they start off with lil tiny hairs then they start to grow bigger. ever now and then he has to cull one or 2 cuz they dont seem to get any hairs

S

smoketilluchoke

is your friend taking cuts from flowering plants???

S

StonedOwl

Now, I don't know nothin bout nothin....but aren't there supposed to be little red/brown hairs in weed?
There usually is when I buy it, but keep in mind....I don't know shit.

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
no he has been keeping moms. and not all the clones do it. im thinking its is an NPK issue. i just dont know were hes going wrong. and yes weed is supose to have brown hairs when its done, not when it starts.

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
these moms are older they have been under 1000 mh for months there big bushes. and like i said not all of them do it. like some of his(we dont feed the same) will go thru 5 weeks of flower and have no hairs. but others will look great and they are from same plant. what were doing so far is finding the best clones and turning them into moms see if maybe it was just the plant

P

punkadc

the mom could be rootbound... i had a friend with a similar problem.. his mom was huge.. rootbound as a mofo.... check this thread i posted a while ago:

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
i dont know maybe rootbound ill have to check when the clones root. the mom wasnt flowering tho and like i said not all the clones do it. and this only shows it self when the plants go into flowering. when there in veg theres no psitils

B

Bigkillr

How close to the light are these girls sitting? Put your hand in front of the girl in between the tip and the light source. Does it burn ? Hold it there as long as u can. Now imagine that your girls have 12 hours like that a day. Do you have enough air circulation in the room?

BK

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
yeah there is fans. they are under 1000 mh. i know at times its gets hot were they are at. it even happens when i take the clones to a differnt place to flower. it takes them longer to show pistils and when they do they 1st ones have brown or black at the tips. has a fungus every done stuff like this? its like when they get older or strong enough it dont bother them

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
Does anyone know what PH Phosphurus gets locked out at?

H

Hash Man

for sure... one thing i noticed is that the phototropenoid the mom is on will dictate if a clone will start to flower or not. if your mom is under 24 hours light, anf then you move the clones to 18, then bam!, they will start to flower... my critical mass does it all the time. my tahoe og, not so bad... some strands are more sensitive. ask him how many hours of light his mom is under and compare it to your lighting shedule. also long trips home in the dark in car trunks, followed by a dark period can trigger flower it seems.

H

herbalist

well i gro outdo. buh i get the same prob at the top cola and mine is from heat im sure, wen i think now most my clones were from flowering plants only becuz i wanted htem 2 branch out more and start flowerin in a week no more. wat about the buds uder hte cola do those pistils get burnt too? if not its either 2 dry or 2 wet some form of stress not related 2 nutrients or it would hav shown in leaves or roots or some wer else yuh kno.. unless ur touching them!blessed hope i helped

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
i think its a ph issue locking out P. that plant i flushed then got the ph down to 6.0. now i have gave it nutes almost all the black is gone in less then 3 days. sometimes it would take up to 2 weeks to go away at times

Latest posts

Top Bottom