brown/yellow on fan leaves

• Thread starter woahtherelad
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
W

woahtherelad

Brownyellow on fan leaves
The strain of the plant is jack herrer. A week ago I switched the light cycle in the grow tent from 18/6 to 12/12. Previously, the plant was in veg for 49 days. Ever since I flipped it to flowering brown and yellow spots have appeared on the big fan leaves. I think it’s some type of nutrient deficiency or overwatering. I have not watered the plant in about four days since overwatering may be the problem. The soil at the moment is not completely dry but slightly moist. I try to keep the ph of the water at 6.0-6.5. The plant is in fox farm ocean forest soil. I have been giving it small doses of nutes. Any advice on how to fix this problem? Could it be overwatering? Too many or too little nutes? This is my first time growing and any type of help would be appreciated.
Brownyellow on fan leaves 2
Brownyellow on fan leaves 3
Brownyellow on fan leaves 4
Brownyellow on fan leaves 5

Bobby89earl

Bobby89earl

What kind of light? How close is the light? Looks like to me its burning up or way to many nutrients. Do you calculate ppm when doing the nutrients?

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

From the picture and by what you said your pH is too low you need to lock it at 6.5 in my opinion in Fox Farm ocean Forest

and at that stage with a week in flower I'd want to be feeding it balanced nutrients at 600 to 800 PPM, that ought to take care of that, hope this helps!

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Fox farms mediums are pretty potent straight out of the bag and don't usually require any added nutes for a while, maybe well into flowering... I've never tried it so I can't speak from experience. I have noticed that, during the transition from veg to flowering mode, the metabolism of the plant or something changes when using a lot of nutes... almost like nute burn suddenly appearing for no good reason. Perhaps this is what you are seeing. Nitrogen is needed for both growing modes, and large fan leaves often yellow and die during the later stages of growing, starting at the bottom of the plant... again, I don't think this is an issue because FF is pretty well stocked.
Leaf damage doesn't usually show up right away and can take a few weeks for some damage to become apparent. Maybe your earlier overwatering issues caused some damage, since new growth looks pretty good to my old eyes. A PPM test of any overflow will give you a better idea of what your nutrient levels look like, but addig additional nutes, depending on what and how much is added, can throw off the balance of nutrients that are needed... with the emphasis on balanced. A slurry test will help to determine your soil Ph and a PPM meter should give you an idea of the state of the soil. Between these two, it provides a lot of information that might be needed to fix this possible issue.

Latest posts

Top Bottom