Browning seedling leaves.

• Thread starter Jabsaw
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Jabsaw

Jabsaw

So these little seedlings are two, three weeks old. In fox farm light warrior, under a 44w 4641 lumens led 4000k 15" above. One started in rapid rooter plug. Been watering with well water. Fed with roots organics Buddha grow very light dose. They were starting to yellow. Some not all are showing this problem. Different strains showing issue but others of same strain no issue. Others are fine for now... so if these bite it so be it just been fortunate never had this issue before

Browning seedling leaves
Browning seedling leaves 2
Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
The soil might be to hot for the seedlings. Fox Farms stuff is great, but it is sometimes too hot to be used by new plants... adding any nutrients at this early stage will compound the problem. Sometimes you get misshapen leaves from disturbing the seeds when germinating as well as from hot soil. A LOT of my posts are referring to growers burning their seedlings and plants from not realizing how many nutrients Fox Farm products are pre-loaded with. Nothing against FF, but I have seen a lot of similar problems. I usually don't provide ANY food to my plants for the 1st few weeks, and that is using naked (no nutrients added) soil. Read thru some of my earlier posts and you will be surprised how many have had issues with some strains and FF soils.

Jabsaw

Jabsaw

The soil might be to hot for the seedlings. Fox Farms stuff is great, but it is sometimes too hot to be used by new plants... adding any nutrients at this early stage will compound the problem. Sometimes you get misshapen leaves from disturbing the seeds when germinating as well as from hot soil. A LOT of my posts are referring to growers burning their seedlings and plants from not realizing how many nutrients Fox Farm products are pre-loaded with. Nothing against FF, but I have seen a lot of similar problems. I usually don't provide ANY food to my plants for the 1st few weeks, and that is using naked (no nutrients added) soil. Read thru some of my earlier posts and you will be surprised how many have had issues with some strains and FF soils.
Yeah I've heard that too that's why I went with the light warrior just mycorrhizae no other inputs. Who knows though. A few older girls started yellowing, and that's why I gave such a low dose feed, seeing there's "nothing" in the soil. Thanks for the input.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Yeah I've heard that too that's why I went with the light warrior just mycorrhizae no other inputs. Who knows though. A few older girls started yellowing, and that's why I gave such a low dose feed, seeing there's "nothing" in the soil. Thanks for the input.
I'm not familiar with their line of products, but less is better, IMHO, for young plants. I use Promix with composted manure, along with regular ol 20-20-20 fertilizer and it works well. You shouldn't be seeing any yellowing yet from deficiencies, and since you fed them once and the yellowing continues, it doesn't sound like a deficiency. Sometimes plants are just gimpy, hopefully fix itself, although the one plant with the twisted leaves looks more like a deformed plant than a nutrient/Ph issue. I just let them continue, since it is usually too late to start new ones... but the choice is yours!

Jabsaw

Jabsaw

I'm not familiar with their line of products, but less is better, IMHO, for young plants. I use Promix with composted manure, along with regular ol 20-20-20 fertilizer and it works well. You shouldn't be seeing any yellowing yet from deficiencies, and since you fed them once and the yellowing continues, it doesn't sound like a deficiency. Sometimes plants are just gimpy, hopefully fix itself, although the one plant with the twisted leaves looks more like a deformed plant than a nutrient/Ph issue. I just let them continue, since it is usually too late to start new ones... but the choice is yours!
It's just hobby farming, not cash cropping. Just new issue, and the farm is where I turn to for answers, y'all been there done that mostly.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
It's just hobby farming, not cash cropping. Just new issue, and the farm is where I turn to for answers, y'all been there done that mostly.
I do it for a stash and pleasure. At my age, I don't worry about selling or making the strongest strains known to man. I still use HID lights and enjoy sitting in the grow room, basking in the warm glow of the lights and tending to the couple of plants that are growing. I use the same process that I've used for decades, and while I know I could update my system and process, the one I'm using is fine and I get a good yield without relying on potions and powders, other than the basics.
Enjoy your plants, try a few different strains if desired, and learn to watch/listen to them...they will tell you if you need food, or water, etc without needing to resort to expensive products that won't benefit you. Keep up the good work!

Top Bottom