Bruce banner#3 fem photo 10 days into flower my runoff ph is 7.4 24 hrs after 6.5 runoff reading ? Whats going on here?

• Thread starter AngeRBizcuTT480
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
AngeRBizcuTT480

AngeRBizcuTT480

Bruce banner#3 feminized photo, 6 gal container.Soil is happy frog,ff ocean forest,bio boosters,perlite, mycohryzia bloom boosters,worm castings and bone meal top dress. Lights are 5000 watt equivalent (645w true) full spec with IR,UV an UVB plus 2 45 watt flower bulbs.Environment is a steady 75* RH 60 to 65%. I water and feed at 6.0 to 6.5 with ppm between 400 and 800 gradually increasing ppms. I use ff grow big,tiger bloom 50/50. I tested runoff 7 days ago and ppm was almost 4000 so I flushed to 800 ppm. Since then my ph has risen overnight from 6.5 to 7.4??wth is this ?

Bruce banner3 fem photo 10 days into flower my runoff ph is 74 24 hrs after 65 runoff reading
Bruce banner3 fem photo 10 days into flower my runoff ph is 74 24 hrs after 65 runoff reading  2
mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

There may be "basic" cations in your water — that is, ions that tend to make soil pH higher. These include calcium, sodium and magnesium ions. Flushing replaced the acidic cations with basic cations. What's the soil pH itself?

This is a guess, BTW. I wouldn't take any drastic action due to my musings.

AngeRBizcuTT480

AngeRBizcuTT480

There may be "basic" cations in your water — that is, ions that tend to make soil pH higher. These include calcium, sodium and magnesium ions. Flushing replaced the acidic cations with basic cations. What's the soil pH itself?

I have not tested the soil specificly, im trying to figure out the most accurate way to test the soil without soil meter, I know soil runoff is a average so in my opinion its not too high but its high enough to worry about. I think something is going on and want to nip it before I push my ppms to 1000 to 1500 ppm for flowering. She is stretching great and is producing bud sites nicely, I am running a organic soil with small synthetic feedings so Im thinging I have a organic eco system of microbes creating a buffer and should not worry too much about the runofc but once again im still curious and uncomfortable with 7.5 teadings ? What yall thinking ?

AngeRBizcuTT480

AngeRBizcuTT480

Just going by looks gow does she make you feel ?? She feels healthy to me and that the high ph is no biggy but I need expert yalls opinions cuz yall know your shit for sure....

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

It looks healthy now. At some time in the past, it looks like you might have added too much N (hooked, shiny leaves) but later growth seems normal.

AngeRBizcuTT480

AngeRBizcuTT480

It looks healthy now. At some time in the past, it looks like you might have added too much N (hooked, shiny leaves) but later growth seems normal.
Yes I fed a compost of bio booster tea with mycrorizae and other microbes mixed with my aloe leaves to help build the soil biome, promote root growth and help recover from ipm. Just tested 1 hr after watering in at 5.5 ph and its up to 6.9 / 7.0 already. Could this just be my microbes doing what they do ? Would a ph around 7.4 have any telltale signs I should watch for ?

AngeRBizcuTT480

AngeRBizcuTT480

Also what would be the best course of action from here to mitigate the things you mentioned before without taking too drastic a step that it causes a issue,but also still be able to tell if leaving it be is what is called for as well ?

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

It's hard to adjust soil pH, because it has buffer capacity. I usually become frustrated, over-do it, and then I have to adjust the other direction.

I can't say I'd do anything different from what you're doing now. Keep adding whatever product you have with microbes. I would not flush, because whenever I flush soil, it adds to my problems.

Latest posts

Top Bottom