Bruce Banner has yellowing leaves, red veins

• Thread starter Marzik
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Marzik

Marzik

I’m worried that this Bruce Banner plant is not doing well. Some leaves are nicely green but others are yellowing with red or purpleish veins, and it is not growing tall. It’s only at around 12 inches, compare with the critical mass behind it nearly double the size. What does this plant need if it is not thriving? We are in zone 4B.

Bruce banner has yellowing leaves red veins
Bruce banner has yellowing leaves red veins 2
mancorn

mancorn

Your BB is well into flower and isn’t going to grow any larger and will typically purple as it gets late into flower. What are you feeding it with? Your soil looks to have a lot of wood particles, which are going to suck nitrogen out of the soil as it decomposes, so my first guess would be that it’s short on nitrogen. But knowing nothing about your grow, it’s just an uninformed guess.

The greens in the back look healthy. Do what you do for them to your weed.

Marzik

Marzik

Your BB is well into flower and isn’t going to grow any larger and will typically purple as it gets late into flower. What are you feeding it with? Your soil looks to have a lot of wood particles, which are going to suck nitrogen out of the soil as it decomposes, so my first guess would be that it’s short on nitrogen. But knowing nothing about your grow, it’s just an uninformed guess.

Thanks for replying. Soil in pots is triple mix plus manure. Same as the plant in the pail right behind. Started feeding it with a high nitrogen fertilizer a couple days ago. Any way to encourage more flowering even if it won't grow much bigger?

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
not much you can do now as it’s flowering, the plant was/looks stunted from what? could be a few things..

garybo

garybo

Good call about the wood chunks in the soil. I'm seeing no perlite either, hard to tell if there is any vermiculite. Using plastic buckets provides no soil aeration. I suggest to clean up that medium and put those babies into a fabric pot to help the soil breath and drain. Your grow will greatly improve.

Last edited:
Top Bottom